Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 28th April 2015, 16:34   #46
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 325i 2008 Model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Mile View Post
@shankarbn - Wouldn't mind having a look. Received your PM. Let me ring you.

I'm a bit concerned on the FE bit. Cant image 5-6 per KM!! My idea of picking up a pre-owned Petrol is primarily due to low maintenance costs compared to a diesel 320d which would have clocked 50k and more.
Yup, pricing in Bangalore is way off. You'd be lucky to find a 325i at 15L with no major issues. Arm chair pricing can only go so far and it's usually very hard to find used cars in Bangalore priced fairly at all, given their condition. It is generally easier to live with a 15L car with no issues than a 12L car with some "minor" issues. But, generalisations are just generalisations and you should pick something that suits your fancy and know works for you.

Anyway, all that banter aside, 5-6kmpl seems very low. My 320i stretches upto 9-9.5kmpl if I baby it, after which I'm either too bored or reach my destination. I'm not saying I baby it all the time though, because it is very hard to do .
shankarbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015, 10:03   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Buy pre-owned BMW 325i, or wait for Skoda Octavia vRS?

Came across a 330i last week with Classic Motors near Manyata Tech park. Asking price was 26 Lacs with 24500 on ODO! The car definitely was not looked after with a lot of dings on the roof , scratched all along , Side wall bulge on front tires, cracked rear screen , missing OVRM glass. Why would an owner not maintain their cars!! Too much money to give a damn about condition of what they drive?? And over this, the guys at this pre-owned showroom tells me : Saar, it's limited edition //M. hmph..!!

If, the car was in a better condition, it would have been a quick decision from my end. I have come across such funny sellers, which would make up for a new topic overall.

Hunt continues..!
aditbelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 16:06   #48
BHPian

Quick update gents. Scrapped the idea of the 325i for its obvious reasons.

Picked up a 320d Exclusive. I cannot tell you how happy I am with this!

Sneak Peak:

Buy pre-owned BMW 325i, or wait for Skoda Octavia vRS?-img_5833.jpg
Quarter Mile is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 19:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Suggest to please drop the M badge. Instead, import a good quality M3 bumper OR You can also refer akshay1234 threads for front bumper, spoiler extensions if at all you wanna do some cosmetics mods.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 21:05   #50
BHPian

Congrats Quarter Mile!
The car looks good. Pls share some more details like the cost, ODO.etc.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 22:20   #51
BHPian

Congratulations..! I would say that was quick. Was it a good deal coming to you or your patience running out on 325i?

Please do share more details on it, so we all beemer dreamers can get an idea of what to expect and what not!
aditbelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Suggest to please drop the M badge. Instead, import a good quality M3 bumper OR You can also refer akshay1234 threads for front bumper, spoiler extensions if at all you wanna do some cosmetics mods.
Thanks for the advice. Will surely look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Congrats Quarter Mile!
The car looks good. Pls share some more details like the cost, ODO.etc.
Asit
Thanks mate. Will share more detail and photos in time. Just been soo tied up with work. Cost yet to be frozen on. Have a good circle of friends and this one too comes from a friend and a car well taken care of. 60k on the ODO and still the engine feels so new. Extremely powerful car and love the way it moves. Once I drove this car, the 325i chapter was closed immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Congratulations..! I would say that was quick. Was it a good deal coming to you or your patience running out on 325i?

Please do share more details on it, so we all beemer dreamers can get an idea of what to expect and what not!
Yeah mate. Well, I don't think it was that quick to be honest. I saw soo many cars from various people and I tell you, I ran a company check on those cars and their history and number of owners was a shocker. My advise to all would be don't just go by the looks of these cars as they all seem to look fantastic but with hidden facts. Do not rush in before a complete check on the car.

Will share a complete report on this acquisition with details and photos shortly.

In short, I believe this acquisition was perfect and worth the wait. The 320d is a beauty and definitely a drivers car.

Cheers!

Last edited by Quarter Mile : 22nd May 2015 at 15:42.
Quarter Mile is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:40   #53
BHPian

OMG! Congratulations on the purchase. It's a beautiful car. Please do share the details on cost too when you finalise the price. I'm curious :P
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote