Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 7th July 2016, 22:59   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Pre-owned dilemma - BMW X3 vs Audi Q5 - RR Evoque/Disco Sport also on pg 3

So is this a good buy then? This is my first ownership of a bmw so not sure how reliable they are especially after 50k on the dial. Somewhere GTO had mentioned that the average maintainance cost is about 50k for 4th, 5th and 6th year. 2011 means it's already in its 5th year. I am getting 2 year extended warranty and am looking at getting a third year also even though the dealer is dissuading me since every year of warranty the dealer has to pay something to Bmw.

The thing is at 32 lacs with 2 year extended warranty is it worth it.

Very confused
krcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 17:46   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Pre-owned dilemma - BMW X3 vs Audi Q5 - RR Evoque/Disco Sport also on pg 3

Hi there... I'm being offered a June 2012 X30 d with a mileage of 42k kms. The service centre has informed me that all servicing has been done by them and that it has recently received a set of new tyres and brakes. The asking price is 30lacs. The only thing is that it doesn't have any warranty anymore and the previous owner had not taken and maintenance package.
Before i even go and see the car i wanted to know if this deal sounds good and is it worth it to spend time on looking at it? Your views will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
rugsrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 07:59   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Hi there... I'm being offered a June 2012 X30 d with a mileage of 42k kms. The service centre has informed me that all servicing has been done by them and that it has recently received a set of new tyres and brakes. The asking price is 30lacs. The only thing is that it doesn't have any warranty anymore and the previous owner had not taken and maintenance package.
Before i even go and see the car i wanted to know if this deal sounds good and is it worth it to spend time on looking at it? Your views will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
My advice is it sounds like a good deal if done around 25 lakhs. I am considering Delhi Prices since your location shows Kanpur. Also please check the insurance history to see if any major accidental claims are made. Good luck!
Divyendu Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 13:55   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
My advice is it sounds like a good deal if done around 25 lakhs. I am considering Delhi Prices since your location shows Kanpur. Also please check the insurance history to see if any major accidental claims are made. Good luck!
Well since the car has been suggested by the local bmw dealer himself and he's himself suggested the car stating that there is no issue with the car i guess there isn't any accident that's happened. Nonetheless will cross check. I'm just worried about there being no option for a maintenance package and the high part replacement costs that could be incurred during further services. Thanks for your advice.
rugsrags is offline   Reply With Quote