Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 7th March 2017, 20:53   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Want to buy a cheap 2-door Sports Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post

One car that I would like to add to the list is the BMW 330i. Its a proper V6 Petrol from BMW and available at under 10L. Perhaps the Beemer will be my first used car acquisition
The BMW 330i was an in-line 6 petrol and IIRC was one of the lightest production 6-cylinder engines in the world. I was also looking for one, but it sold in very few numbers and hence the possibility of finding one is very less.
petroguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 06:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Recently I have been thinking of buying a used 2 Door Sports Car.
This may appear too optimistic a suggestion, but if you are willing to wait a bit and also to enter some uncharted waters, the TAMO Racemo can be a very good buy for you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-3-a.html (TAMO: Tata's new mobility solutions brand. Full details on page 3)

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...08032017023040
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 11:44   #18
BHPian

I bought a 1990 Mazda Miata (MX5) since I wanted one. I spent over my purchase price on refurbishing it and getting it to the level I wanted. And now I am fitting a turbo in it so some more money down! Let me say working with a 20 year old car is not for the faint hearted. Fortunately the miata is such a cult car there are plenty of spares and websites catering to mods, however it does not make financial sense at all.
Only go down that road if you have the passion for it.
san9jay is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 12:25   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One car that I would like to add to the list is the BMW 330i.

So a modded Civic, Laura TSI or 330i might actually be mine in the near future
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
The BMW 330i was an in-line 6 petrol and IIRC was one of the lightest production 6-cylinder engines in the world. I was also looking for one
The 330i is nasty.

- Jeep-like heavy steering in the city
- Absolutely dead below 3,000 rpm
- Bone-jarring ride quality

Unless I'm driving on the Autobahn every day, give me a modded Civic, modded Laura 1.8 TSI or modded Accord V6 over the 330i any day, any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
Let me say working with a 20 year old car is not for the faint hearted.
Tell me about it. My Jeep just turned 20 . Plus, I'm okay with owning my own car for 20 years, but no way in hell am I buying someone else's 20-year old car.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 13:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
This may appear too optimistic a suggestion, but if you are willing to wait a bit and also to enter some uncharted waters, the TAMO Racemo can be a very good buy for you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-3-a.html (TAMO: Tata's new mobility solutions brand. Full details on page 3)

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...08032017023040
Seems like a good option but its going to take a lot of time. Lets see if it becomes available when i'm able to stretch my budget to actually buy a proper sports car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The 330i is nasty.

- Jeep-like heavy steering in the city
- Absolutely dead below 3,000 rpm
- Bone-jarring ride quality

Unless I'm driving on the Autobahn every day, give me a modded Civic, modded Laura 1.8 TSI or modded Accord V6 over the 330i any day, any time.
I didn't know about this side of the 330i
But will definitely TD it once when I go out looking to buy one of these cars. The Civic is definitely second on my list if not the 330i
Naman_Ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote