Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 21:49   #1
BHPian
 
flipsyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 636
Thanked: 58 Times
Wink honda BEAT

hi guys...... i have this friend who was always after a good looking convertible sports car. two things stopped him

1) he didnt have enough cash to shell out on a fancy import
2) even if he managed to cough up the dope he was petrified about the maintainance bit

now he has come across this shiny yellow sports convertible which fits his budget just right! its a honda beat! yes a 660cc mid engine 2 seater convertible. the guy who was to show him the car wasnt home so he didnt get to drive it. but as far as exterior and interior quality goes its in very good shape is wat he claims.

1) do u think its worth buying this honda with a lawn mower engine?@!#
2) how much would be a fair price for the same?
3) how about parts?

i have no further details on the car. no year of make. no year of import. no details of kms logged. so an indicative price would be greatly appreciated.

flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 22:03   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

honda beat looks more like a beach car for cruising the city it does not look like a sports car in anyway...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 22:26   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

I see a KA number plate , is the car in bangalore ? . Google info pulls up info that production started from 1991 t0 1996 . So even if it 96 model it is more than 10 year old car . So take care .

Honda Beat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 23:17   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
hi guys...... i have this friend who was always after a good looking convertible sports car. two things stopped him

1) he didnt have enough cash to shell out on a fancy import
2) even if he managed to cough up the dope he was petrified about the maintainance bit

now he has come across this shiny yellow sports convertible which fits his budget just right! its a honda beat! yes a 660cc mid engine 2 seater convertible. the guy who was to show him the car wasnt home so he didnt get to drive it. but as far as exterior and interior quality goes its in very good shape is wat he claims.

1) do u think its worth buying this honda with a lawn mower engine?@!#
2) how much would be a fair price for the same?
3) how about parts?

i have no further details on the car. no year of make. no year of import. no details of kms logged. so an indicative price would be greatly appreciated.

Advise your friend not to touch this car. Its probably a grey import (nothing wrong with that) and should not be worth more than 2.25-2.75 max, if in great condition and a genuine 96.

Parts will be a nightmare and you dont get anything in India AT ALL.

Also impractical as too cramped and low. Get a Miata if he wants a reasonable, good and proven car with a lot of sporty fun.

In short loose this deal whatever the price.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 05:07   #5
BHPian
 
flipsyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 636
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

thanks for your input guys. i havent seen the car in person but i wasnt very fond of this car anyway. consider this deal dropped!

@V-16 - how easy is it to get hold Miata? wouldn't parts be a problem with a mazda?

@black12rr - i should have hidden the plates....my bad. anyway the car is very much in chennai. somewhere in adyar i believe.

Last edited by flipsyde : 28th May 2007 at 05:09.
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 08:46   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
thanks for your input guys. i havent seen the car in person but i wasnt very fond of this car anyway. consider this deal dropped!

@V-16 - how easy is it to get hold Miata? wouldn't parts be a problem with a mazda?

@black12rr - i should have hidden the plates....my bad. anyway the car is very much in chennai. somewhere in adyar i believe.
Good thinking buddy.
Miatas are available but again if you have to get a good one without trouble it'll be more expensive than the work oriented one.
Parts are mt a problem, esoecially more easy than a Beat as at least the Miata is there in large numbers all throughout the world

I got my Miata from Chennai dude....
a good 1994-95 would set you back by atleast 5.5 or a few more.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 10:56   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

I would completely agree with V-16 here the Miata is a great fun car to drive & would be a much, much better option than the Beat to drive. Also it has a much bigger, powerful engine & has more space.

As he also mentioned spares for the Miata are not an issue because it was sold all over the world whereas the Beat was a Japanese market only product & would pose huge problems for parts sourcing.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 19:42   #8
BHPian
 
flipsyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 636
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

yikes! 5.5 is kinda out of his budget!

i spoke to him about the miata..... he likes the idea and liked the pictures of the car he saw. i told him he'l get one for around 4 lacs cos that was his budget.

@V-16 : did u get ur miata from a dealer or was it a private sale?

@iraghava : are u sure..... i did some background checks on the BEAT and seems like they sold quite a few in the UK too. nevertheless i didnt like the idea of a puny 660cc engine. so the BEAT is out of question now.

Last edited by flipsyde : 28th May 2007 at 19:44.
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 20:38   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
@iraghava : are u sure..... i did some background checks on the BEAT and seems like they sold quite a few in the UK too. nevertheless i didnt like the idea of a puny 660cc engine. so the BEAT is out of question now.
IIRC it must be a grey import don't think Honda sold any officially. Will check & revert back though.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 17:52   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

v-16, how difficult is it to get a miata,been hunting for a good one for a while ,do u know of any for sale..thanks
brat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beat It...no, not the Michael Jackson way! (Chevrolet Beat) superutp Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 21st February 2013 12:06
Looking for sportscar (Sera, MR2, Celica, Honda BEAT) in Delhi NCR brandon Luxury, Imports & Niche 7 9th April 2009 12:31
Honda Beat Klaus17 Super-Cars & Imports in India 18 26th February 2009 20:13
Honda FCX Concept...can it beat the Prius?? Aki_Ross The International Automotive Scene 0 15th October 2005 16:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks