Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

View Poll Results: Honda Accord V6 VS Toyota Camry Vs Opel Vectra - Which Is the best(i Need Advice)
Camry? 6 11.54%
vectra? 8 15.38%
accord? 38 73.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th January 2005, 13:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Gordy, you were the one who wanted to know why the Accord V6 was so slow compared to the Camry. LOL

I just made that point clear.

Tu ulta mere ko hi samjharaha hai?? Hahah

I've already said that 0-100 doesn't make a car a great performer, there are many other factors.

Even if you look at the package deal, the Accord edges out the Camry.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2005, 14:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And Junta please remember V-tec is just one tiny bit of technology if you talk about car's so can we please keep it out
And Psycho, about the Vtec thing. It was never a big deal on this thread. I was merely telling Gordy that even though the Vtec is just 1.9 secs slower than the SL500 to 100, the SL500 is way ahead in terms of overall performance.

Heck, i wasn't even praising the Vtec, for once. It was just an example i used to explain that 0-100 is not everything, so no need to take it that seriously.

Shan2nu
Old 8th January 2005, 14:25   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Gordy, you were the one who wanted to know why the Accord V6 was so slow compared to the Camry. LOL

I just made that point clear.

Tu ulta mere ko hi samjharaha hai?? Hahah

I've already said that 0-100 doesn't make a car a great performer, there are many other factors.

Even if you look at the package deal, the Accord edges out the Camry.

Shan2nu
hahaha

""you were the one who wanted to know why the Accord V6 was so slow compared to the Camry"". exactly what I wanted to know, but exactly not what most understood.

I've never joined the 0-100kmph aspect of the Accord and the Camry in relation to buying one of them. I just wanted to know why does the car take that much time to reach 100. It maybe that the Camry engine is very good. I've never said, the Accord has a faulty engine or has a bad engine or you should buy the Camry because of this. I've always stood by the Accord. I'd take the Accord V6 to the Camry anyday. Its a completely better package. All the Camry lacks is a V6 engine. I won't talk about the price, coz its no ordinary car, its a VVTi engine which is I guess similar to VTEC and it also gives almost all features that the Accord provides and perhaps even more.

no hard feelings and we are all a team - TEAM BHP!!!!
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2005, 14:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

I know you weren't relating their performance to their sales. But , i knew that a A/T Camry can't do 100 in 10.95 secs, especially when the M/T does it in 10.33. So, i asked for you to wait until we got the OD figures.

Shan2nu
Old 8th January 2005, 15:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

okay shan2nu
u win
overdrives a better mag for timings..
anyway coming back to the topic i guess then a camry is better for the buyer and not the accord unless specified they want to drive that is .
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2005, 15:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
i knew that a A/T Camry can't do 100 in 10.95 secs
why can't it?? see in simple words, you say Honda City VTEC can do 100 in 8.9sec just because Rush did it once. So maybe, ACI also did it once and got 10.95sec on the A/T Camry. Same goes for the Corolla, maybe they got 9.07sec on it.
Old 8th January 2005, 19:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

well you have a point .0 - 100 timings are the timings in which a stock car reaches 100 kmph from rest in the fastest time.
u need not have specific conditions
Old 8th January 2005, 20:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why can't it??
First of all, the Camry doesn't have a required power to weight, 2ndly - it's a A/T, 3rd - it has tall gears. I can believe a M/T even cracking 10 secs, but not 10.95 for the Camry.

And i think i've already mentioned the conditions under which the Vtec was tested by OD. U can get the details from one off my older posts on this thread.

The Camry didn't face any such problems, or else they would have surely mentioned it. Frankly, i'll believe that 10.95 when someone does it in front of me (in a stock car).

Shan2nu
Old 8th January 2005, 23:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Shan2nu, let it be. There is no use discussing coz the discussion is going nowhere.
You're not gonna change ur mind and nor am I

So lets forget it like a big nightmare and get along...
Old 9th January 2005, 11:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

ahh
who cares just forget it
this post is about accord vs camry vs vectra and which would be the best overall buy .
i.e not only performance