Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 08:19   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kannur/Calicut
Posts: 137
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

insane!!!. will fetch 4.00-4.50 Lakh. that's the market in kerala..PM me if the owner is willing so i can have a look at it.
toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 09:59   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191 View Post
insane!!!. will fetch 4.00-4.50 Lakh. that's the market in kerala..PM me if the owner is willing so i can have a look at it.
Car runs on sparco suspension, HID kits et all. The car is loaded. A dealer has offered him 6 lakhs, The owner will not be willing to show the car as he already has better offers.
Cheers,
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 21:45   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kannur/Calicut
Posts: 137
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Today i found a white W124 300D with a used car dealer. 1989 model automatic imported in 1992.

Its not in pristine condition and seems like its lying for a pretty long time. If my knowledge is correct only a few 300D made its way to India.
any idea on its reputation compared to 250D ? availability of spares compared to 250D?
Could not get a Clue on the pricing since the owner was not in town
toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 23:36   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,020
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Car runs on sparco suspension,
Didnt know Sparco made suspension components.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 00:30   #50
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Yeah Sparco makes Strut braces to suspensions to seats.Wide variety of automotive products I would say
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:00   #51
DNM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

It is my ever-lasting dream to own a Mercedes-Benz W124 E220!
When i first saw the car in Juhu, near my house, i found it stupid and imagined what the owner would be going through owning such a old car!
But then, when i researched over it on the internet and asked a few dealers about it, i came to know that its of the GEMS, Mercedes has ever made!

This car has features that even the new E-Class misses on! It is truly a Gem of a car and is a beauty!
I dream to own this very soon!
Do post me a few links if any dealers are ready to sell this car!
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:18   #52
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,193
Thanked: 1,988 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNM View Post
It is my ever-lasting dream to own a Mercedes-Benz W124 E220!
When i first saw the car in Juhu, near my house, i found it stupid and imagined what the owner would be going through owning such a old car!
But then, when i researched over it on the internet and asked a few dealers about it, i came to know that its of the GEMS, Mercedes has ever made!

This car has features that even the new E-Class misses on! It is truly a Gem of a car and is a beauty!
I dream to own this very soon!
Do post me a few links if any dealers are ready to sell this car!

I personally feel the 124 is the last 'Real' merc built. There are several examples available for sale. Check out the classifieds section.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...-Benz/E-Class/

Last edited by JayD : 3rd February 2011 at 12:19.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 19:02   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,246
Thanked: 78,572 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNM View Post
This car has features that even the new E-Class misses on!
Huh? Like what? In terms of features, the new E-Class will blow the W124 away.

Most of us are fans of older Mercs and will agree that Mercedes simple doesn't make hassle-free, simplicity-in-engineering cars like before. Plus, the newer E's are hardly reliable. However, in all other parameters - be it safety, comfort, handling, performance, features etc. - the newer E Class is 30 years ahead of the W124s. There is simply no comparison.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 08:34   #54
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, in all other parameters - be it safety, comfort, handling, performance, features etc. - the newer E Class is 30 years ahead of the W124s. There is simply no comparison.
Rush, I would concede all other points, but I haven't found a Merc that comes close to the W124's rear seat comfort. The angle of the backrest, the armrest height and length, the perfect cushioning, the headrests, everything come together to make for a rare back-seat experience that I have actually loved. FYI I'm someone who simply hates sitting in the back of most cars.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 09:03   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Is it advisable to go for this car (E250D) as a primary car? Regular daily running would be around 60-70 kms. Or it would be more fun as a weekend drive?

One of our good family friends is owning this currently and it appears to be in a very good condition. My only concern is whether a 12 year old car can withstand this kind of regular run?
sidms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 10:02   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,193
Thanked: 1,988 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Huh? Like what? In terms of features, the new E-Class will blow the W124 away.
Purely for arguments sake, i can say that my '95 E300D has full electric seats, something which even the W211 e280 CDi didn't have, And headlight wipers, which even the W212 does not have!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 12:16   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,246
Thanked: 78,572 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Rush, I would concede all other points, but I haven't found a Merc that comes close to the W124's rear seat comfort. The angle of the backrest, the armrest height and length, the perfect cushioning, the headrests, everything come together to make for a rare back-seat experience that I have actually loved. FYI I'm someone who simply hates sitting in the back of most cars.
Agreed, Akshay. The W124's backseat is supremely comfortable. But then, so is the W212's.

The point I was trying to make is, all of us love our old Mercs and given a chance (myself included), would pick a W126 over the W221 S-Class. We would do so because the Merc's then were solidly engineered (the newer ones are too unreliable to be called that) and because of the history, simplicity & heritage. Cars like the W123, W124, W126, W140 etc. were ahead of their time. They were shockingly superior to the competition. It's safe to say that the competition has caught up (and even beaten) Mercedes now.

But that doesn't mean the current E-Class / S-Class is any less of a performer, comfortable cruiser or lacks in features vis a vis the old Mercedes! Related example : A Ferrari 355 can make us go weak in the knees. And the 458 simply doesn't have that kinda appeal. Yet, the 458 is the superior in performance, safety, refinement, features, lap times etc. Saying the 355 is "better" than the 458 is simply untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Purely for arguments sake, i can say that my '95 E300D has full electric seats, something which even the W211 e280 CDi didn't have, And headlight wipers, which even the W212 does not have!!
Purely for arguments sake, I'll tell you that you are comparing apples to oranges. Your '95 300D is a CBU import, and not a locally assembled W124. Compare your 300D to the specs of an int'l spec W211 E-Class.

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2011 at 12:20.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 16:49   #58
DNM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Purely for arguments sake, i can say that my '95 E300D has full electric seats, something which even the W211 e280 CDi didn't have, And headlight wipers, which even the W212 does not have!!
this was just the thing that i wanted to say!
the w124 has the comfort, the newer e-class has the features!
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 21:29   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 78
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed, Akshay. The W124's backseat is supremely comfortable. But then, so is the W212's.

The point I was trying to make is, all of us love our old Mercs and given a chance (myself included), would pick a W126 over the W221 S-Class. We would do so because the Merc's then were solidly engineered (the newer ones are too unreliable to be called that) and because of the history, simplicity & heritage. Cars like the W123, W124, W126, W140 etc. were ahead of their time. They were shockingly superior to the competition. It's safe to say that the competition has caught up (and even beaten) Mercedes now.

But that doesn't mean the current E-Class / S-Class is any less of a performer, comfortable cruiser or lacks in features vis a vis the old Mercedes! Related example : A Ferrari 355 can make us go weak in the knees. And the 458 simply doesn't have that kinda appeal. Yet, the 458 is the superior in performance, safety, refinement, features, lap times etc. Saying the 355 is "better" than the 458 is simply untrue.



Purely for arguments sake, I'll tell you that you are comparing apples to oranges. Your '95 300D is a CBU import, and not a locally assembled W124. Compare your 300D to the specs of an int'l spec W211 E-Class.
GTO, I agree with your analysis exactly. I have a friend in Chicago, who works for MBZ and the owner of 3 W124's, and he will agree that the W124 was definitely engineered very well and was very reliable. I persoanlly feel that the W124 series, and the equivalent S Class were "solid builds" and that is the reason you still see so many on roads throughout the world. Lets not forget the cars are now 15+ years old, and do require a bit more care and maintenence.

Todays cars are definitely superior in creature comforts, technology and safety. It is hard to compare the two versions. Inspite of different materials being used to build cars, today's cars are definitely safer and that comes with newer engineering and technology.

That being said, I do agree with the previous post, that I have yet to sit in a more comfortable back seat in a car this size.
benz220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 13:41   #60
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default Re: Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value?

Recently found one E220 in goood condition, second owner and done some 87k kms. Owner is asking for 4.25 Lacs.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group Pune Doc Technical Stuff 1032 17th June 2017 18:52
The Mercedes W124 E-Class Archive: Pics, Videos & Reviews Screwdriva The Indian Car Scene 34 23rd May 2017 22:12
IDV value for a new car - Only 95% of ex-showroom value? kuttapan The Indian Car Scene 9 21st July 2009 15:27
The value for money SX4 now even more value for money-I map navigator free ram_hyundai The Indian Car Scene 20 23rd October 2008 11:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks