Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 16:51   #61
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 809
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Is it a 220 Petrol or 250 Diesel? By the price, looks like a petrol. If you are serious take a look at Mercs from Mumbai, they sell for 50% of Bangalore prices and you get a wider choice.

3K/Yr run, these cars are designed to run and it may not be worth while paying a premium for low mileage cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
i have come across a very pristine w124 98 model in bangalore.the car has run geniune 35k with service records.the interior feels like new with no cracks on the steeering wheel or the gear knob.i am telling you this because most of them had it.the owner quotes 6.5 for it and is not ready to negotiate.is it worh buying the car?
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:56   #62
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

this is a petrol.i know the price is a little high.i saw atleast a couple & this was the best.people at Mercedes in Bangalore told me that they can certify that this is the best(w124) car in the town.prices in bangalore are always higher then any other city in the country.
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:59   #63
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,186 Times
Default

@nandishpal. 6.5 for a w124 seems to be a LOT higher -- even considering bangalore prices. BUT then that's just my opinion based on my research. I too have been looking for a w124/w201 for some time now.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 17:13   #64
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

@khan sultan what should be the price according to you?& what do you think i should do to crack the deal?
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 17:29   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,186 Times
Default

I think a W124 E220 in excellent condition should go for MAX 3.5L - 4.0L. That would include full service history, spotless interior/exterior, mechanically sound and 1st owner.

A E-250D should come for TOPS 4.5L - 5.0L -- again in EXCELLENT condition.

Do note that in the past 1 year the prices of w124 have dropped like a stone.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 17:37   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I think a W124 E220 in excellent condition should go for MAX 3.5L - 4.0L. That would include full service history, spotless interior/exterior, mechanically sound and 1st owner.

A E-250D should come for TOPS 4.5L - 5.0L -- again in EXCELLENT condition.

Do note that in the past 1 year the prices of w124 have dropped like a stone.
I agree. The E250D that I have put in the previous page is for sale and the owner is asking on the same lines. The suspension has been done up and you get a lot of accessories too, like headlamps, mirrors et all.

I wont tell you where that car is though. I need it and I am selfish.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 21:08   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
i have come across a very pristine w124 98 model in bangalore.the car has run geniune 35k with service records.the interior feels like new with no cracks on the steeering wheel or the gear knob.i am telling you this because most of them had it.the owner quotes 6.5 for it and is not ready to negotiate.is it worh buying the car?
For petrol its too high. Is it dealer or owner?

MEthinks the guy will soon get a reality check and come down.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 21:24   #68
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

@mpower it is a owners car.i also have the same feeling that he would come down may be in some time.but trust me i dont want to miss on this car.i havent seen a better e220 then this.the best part he has stuffs that i like,2 OE keys,original manual & also the invoice.stepney never used.just awesome.the more i think about it i go bonkers.
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 15:57   #69
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
@mpower it is a owners car.i also have the same feeling that he would come down may be in some time.but trust me i dont want to miss on this car.i havent seen a better e220 then this.the best part he has stuffs that i like,2 OE keys,original manual & also the invoice.stepney never used.just awesome.the more i think about it i go bonkers.
I think I know about this car, is it silver with black leather interior ? does this car have recently installed Blaupunkt and new tiers? If yes, I have heard about this car, and techs at MB@BLR swear by it. I have not seen it, but I trust the senior tech here. It was on sale for more than a year for 7.5. Just yesterday I was speaking to someone who said owner was offered 6.25 but he is stuck on 6.5.

From my experience and opinion in these cars interiors is most important, un-tampered interior is worth the premium. From what I know owner knows current prices.

@nandishpal, if you like the car I think you should go for it after getting it evaluated. But again remember the car is **old** so you will have expense coming @ you in year or two for parts that needs changing due to age.
PhantomLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 10:42   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 264
Thanked: 197 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
@mpower it is a owners car.i also have the same feeling that he would come down may be in some time.but trust me i dont want to miss on this car.i havent seen a better e220 then this.the best part he has stuffs that i like,2 OE keys,original manual & also the invoice.stepney never used.just awesome.the more i think about it i go bonkers.
@Nandish : If you like it, just go for it. After all, owning a Merc is not a cheap proposition and I think you are prepared to spend few more lakhs for the maintenance in the next years, so 1 to 2 lakhs here and there won't matter in the beginning. What is most important is you liked the car.
I have been seeing so many W124s in town, but nothing seems to click.
Ravindra M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 14:51   #71
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

you are right phantom lord.its the same car.but the point is 6.5 is very expensive ,you can own a 2001 or 2002 c class for around 10 to 11 lakhs & it is relatively new also.i am a kind of guy who likes to change cars in a year or two & dont want to lose alot of money as cars are available for half the prices in the market,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
I think I know about this car, is it silver with black leather interior ? does this car have recently installed Blaupunkt and new tiers? If yes, I have heard about this car, and techs at MB@BLR swear by it. I have not seen it, but I trust the senior tech here. It was on sale for more than a year for 7.5. Just yesterday I was speaking to someone who said owner was offered 6.25 but he is stuck on 6.5.

From my experience and opinion in these cars interiors is most important, un-tampered interior is worth the premium. From what I know owner knows current prices.

@nandishpal, if you like the car I think you should go for it after getting it evaluated. But again remember the car is **old** so you will have expense coming @ you in year or two for parts that needs changing due to age.
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 15:04   #72
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

its not the money here ravindra,the car might be good but the premium is always 50k,paying 2 lakhs extra for a good car is foolishness.as you can see khan-sultan has also mentioned the ongoing prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
@Nandish : If you like it, just go for it. After all, owning a Merc is not a cheap proposition and I think you are prepared to spend few more lakhs for the maintenance in the next years, so 1 to 2 lakhs here and there won't matter in the beginning. What is most important is you liked the car.
I have been seeing so many W124s in town, but nothing seems to click.
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 16:25   #73
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@nandishpal, if you plan to change the car in a year or two then its not worth it, this fits the bill for who plan to keep the car for long/life time. I feel purchasing W124 or any old mercs to keep it for 1 or 2 years may back fire because of poor re-sale value and costly repair.
PhantomLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 09:17   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 474
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Please do not buy a Mercedes Benz if you want to sell it in a Year or Two.

btw How do you drive your cars ? Mostly people who drive rashly change their cars very early.
If you are rash driver then please do not but this W124 as it is claimed to be maintained well; let someone else buy it who will cherish it for a long time.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 11:46   #75
BHPian
 
nandishpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

hey brother,i just did not understand your point that people who drive rash change their car in a year or two i like to change cars in every year or two because my life span is maximum of 70 years,in which 35 years(out of 24 hrs 12 hrs is for sleeping i am goin to sleep.so i have only 35 years in hand.got my Driver's license at 18,so i have only 17 years to enjoy my driving life.in which if i stick on to one car will i make justice to this birth of mine which has been given to drive.so i take things this way. so many cars & no time bahuth na insaafi hai
one more thing drop in any time to judge how i maintain my cars & bikes.be the judge & give me a verdict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Please do not buy a Mercedes Benz if you want to sell it in a Year or Two.

btw How do you drive your cars ? Mostly people who drive rashly change their cars very early.
If you are rash driver then please do not but this W124 as it is claimed to be maintained well; let someone else buy it who will cherish it for a long time.
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by Dippy : 21st September 2009 at 10:27. Reason: See note in post
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W124 - Mercedes E220 or E250D? Which would you buy? GTO The Indian Car Scene 119 6th June 2016 15:24
The legendary W124 comes home - Mercedes E250D DudeWithaFiat Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 71 18th August 2015 21:48
My DreamCar W124 E Class : Now Bought jubin Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 100 16th May 2011 07:31
Used NHC or any other used sedan? EDIT: Bought 2006 Accent CRDi. kkr2k2 Sedans 59 24th September 2009 20:01
Safari Common Rail Engine Launch? EDIT 010805 Now driven. Edit 190805 Now BOUGHT!!! Steeroid The Indian Car Scene 277 13th July 2009 23:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks