Indian performance car (City 1.5/Palio 1.6 etc) 24 77.42%
Older import car(early 90's Civic/Celica/Prelude) 2 6.45%
Import Bike (CBR600) 5 16.13%
None of the above (if so, WHAT THEN!) 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2004, 16:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

hmm...that does seem like a decent price, although a closer inspection would really be needed. However, the hassle of buying a car in bangalore, getting it back, and then registering it in Bbay and paying the taxes would not make a viable option.
thanks though.
Old 7th May 2004, 01:09   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ May 06 2004,13:51)]I wonder if its worth the extra dosh to spring for the Vtec??? Seeing that there is only a 6 Hp diff....
Well it is a 6bhp difference at peak power, but you are getting a much higher power curve throughout the rev range, so it done have an advantage that feels a lot more than 6bhp.

Also depending on what kinds of mods u are looking at for the future, you may get more satisfaction putting them on a 1.5 rather than a VTEC.

btw - did u ever end up cheking out that CB750F ?

cya
R
Old 7th May 2004, 12:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]btw - did u ever end up cheking out that CB750F ?
Yea rehaan, I went looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found. Guess someone must've picked it up already.

regards the Honda, there's a used car "mela" comin up this weekend, so I'm gonna take a looksi! Just to check what the market price is right now.
Old 7th May 2004, 13:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ May 07 2004,10:55)]regards the Honda, there's a used car "mela" comin up this weekend, so I'm gonna take a looksi! Just to check what the market price is right now.
hey rtech,

it seems u've almost made up ur mind to pick up a city dude...all the best !!!

Don't forget to keep us all updated your decision and yeah you can PM me the price list for the used citys/vtecs laterz.

where's this mela btw ?

~A
Old 7th May 2004, 13:26   #20
Team-BHP Support

Bandra reclamation II...where ever II is! I've been day dreamin about a white City with the skirts, 17" rims, body color grill, 4-2-2 exhaust...ok...i think I'll stop now!
Old 7th May 2004, 19:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

A Civic over a City anyday pal. Like Rtech said, the Civics have a much better potential as far as handling and tuning goes.

I don't think maintaining Civic should be much of a problem.

Ofcourse if that Vtec for 5.5 lakhs info turns out to be true, then nothing like it. i'll let you know about it in a while.

CBR 600, good bike but a very bad choice for Indian conditions. Bikes do have their limitations and surely aren't as safe as a car.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 10th May 2004, 11:41   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ May 07 2004,11:56)]Bandra reclamation II...where ever II is! I've been day dreamin about a white City with the skirts, 17" rims, body color grill, 4-2-2 exhaust...ok...i think I'll stop now!
hey rtech, i seen the white City yest at Recl. It looked superb. There were many cars. But the whole show was a flop. Among imported cars , there were 3 E classes. 1 W124[7.5 lakhs] and 2 210s[15.5-18.5 lakhs] , a Pajero 3.2 [the new one], BMW 3187i [22.5 lakhs], Toyota Sera, Mitsubishi RVR and a Skyline GT.

You wont believe me but i managed to drive the Skyline for a shor distance. Sadly cudnt manage to go above 2nd gear. But it was amazing.
Old 10th May 2004, 11:49   #23
Team-BHP Support

I take it you must've gone there on Sunday then. When i went of Saturday, there was no Skyline there!! grrrrr.

The show really was disappointing though. That white City was a ripoff! 2 Owners, repainted, 62,000Km and he was asking 5.5 lakhs! Get real. There was another City there, old shape changed to look like a new one! Gotto really watch out for these dealers!

That Sera too was bad. Another shabby repaint on it, and the interiors were a disaster with wires all over the place. The clutch was on its last legs too. 4.25 lakhs....yea riiiight!

One of those Benz's you mentioned had a nice set of Brabus wheels on. Looked wike a very clean car going for 7.5
Old 10th May 2004, 11:59   #24
BHPian

I would also go for the first choice, or just a 1 year old city 1.5 or vtect(prev gen)
this makes the most sense out of all ur options..

Cheers..
Old 10th May 2004, 12:05   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ya i went on Sunday. Seen the Sera, Very shabby paint. And the Merc with Brabus wheels, was it a black Merc??

The cars there were obviously expensive. They were being quoted almost 5% more cos i guess ICICI was gettin the commission.
Old 10th May 2004, 13:01   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] I've been day dreamin about a white City with the skirts, 17" rims, body color grill, 4-2-2 exhaust...ok...i think I'll stop now!
Rtech, if you must have a modded City it would be more sensible to buy a clean original City and then do the mods yourself. Firstly any modded city would have been driven aggressively - Thats like the rule of thumb. Second, why pay a premium for someone elses work when you can pay the same money and have your free flow and mag wheels the way you want them.

I testdrove atleast 25 Vtec's before I picked this one up. Give me a call if you want the names/numbers of the car dealers in my network. Really straight forward dealers, and the fact that they know I am a car guy stopped them from sending me any bad stuff. They knew it would be a waste of time.

You can get a 2000 - 2002 1.5 for between 4.5 lacs to 5.00 lacs. A Vtec of similar vintage would be anywhere between 5 - 6 lacs.

GTO
Old 10th May 2004, 14:43   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Rtech, if you must have a modded City it would be more sensible to buy a clean original City and then do the mods yourself.
Hey GTO, like I said, I was dreaming of it...not dreaming of buying a car with all that done already! Where's the fun in that!!

I would never even consider buying a car which has been "modded"! Never know what you're gonna end up with, and besides...all the fun in modding a car is actually looking for the right parts and getting the work done yourself!

Was just a coincience that there was a White City there with the 17's and the skirts like I had mentioned...lol

BTW...its been a long time since I sat in a City...boy...that interior is...erm...BAAAAD! The plastic look and feel like its straight out of an 80's Japanese taxi! Almost Ambassador quality we talking here! I know the engine more than makes up for this though, but its too bad Honda couldn't improve on the plastics, especially at the price they were selling it for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And the Merc with Brabus wheels, was it a black Merc??
No, it was a metallic blue W124 series, parked right next too the BMW 5 series.
Old 3rd August 2004, 11:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

no offence to anyone.. i go for option 3 coz none of the rest mentioned are near to performance that option 3 gives.. if i have the same option i will go for bikes instead of the sedans
Old 3rd August 2004, 21:29   #29
BHPian

hey rtech,
mind says go for the city or the palio.
Heart says the CBR 600. and im sure after owning and riding a katana yourself, deep inside you too want a bike.
Old 4th August 2004, 18:12   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whats happening on this front, Rtech?

GTO
Closed Thread