Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

View Poll Results: best car under 14,00,000 - help with recomendation.
Skoda Blitz 4 22.22%
Skoda Tdi Automatic 3 16.67%
Corolla G 6 33.33%
Used Mercedes Benz 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th August 2004, 12:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

same time as when they backed out of mitsubushi
due to which the agreement with detroit diesel is being re negotitated, thats the reason of shortage of crdi engines for the next three months (according to a hyd hyundai dealer)
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 14:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dipen @ Aug. 08 2004,10:28)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ Aug. 07 2004,18:46)]correction, had a stake - due to investment disagreements, Daimler sold out. The CRD engines are made by a DC owned company - Detroit Diesel
thanks for making the correction
Btw whe did they sell out their stake??
Hyundai objected to DC's investment in China and possibly opening the door for Mitsubishi over there. Besides, over past three years, Hyundai have made enough money (a lot from India !) to tell DC what they think
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 13:12   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 07 2004,14:18)]If your mind is made up on an Octi, and seeing that you only use the back seat, I don't see any reason for the blitz (150hp petrol). Why let the driver have all the fun???

Go for the Rider or the L&K (if you can afford it) with a manual. BTW, the Octi has IMO one of the best ride qualities you can find.

Rt
1. the ride quality of the Octi is what attracted me towards it in the first place.

2. when i drove the ambeinte (test car) i found both (pertol and Tdi) a bit sluggish. maybe this was because the day before i had driven the corolla. The TDi was maybe a bit more sluggish than the Petrol. My fear is the TDi Automatic would be even more sluggish. Unfortunately the Blitz Automatic is not being offered here.

Maybe i feel this way because when i test drive a car i am more sensitive to things such as ride quality, torque, etc.. after you have a car for some time one adjusts to it's shortcomings.

3. I have not seen the L&K neither of the 2 dealers I visited (I visited each twice) had an L&K to show. I hear it is something special. thanks for adding this option to the mix - i was only slightly confused when i started this post now I feel like Vinne Barbarino (Welcome Back Kotter).

The L&K has a lot of bells and whisltes some which are nice (information display) some which make little sense for a hot country like India (sun/moon roof). Skoda does not let you add any of these to a Ambiente, Elegance, Rider or the new Octis (Tdi auto, Blitz).

4. as far as the blitz is concerned - my driver might have fun mon-sat but i will also enjoy it on sundays and sometimes at night.

my ideal Octi would be the Blitz Auto with some of the trim options of the L&K. It would take the Corolla G straight on.

Lastly the dealer (he had told me he'd give me price on Monday) still does not have a price. Now he ssays "some time this week". Stay tuned.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2004, 16:38   #19
Team-BHP Support

just one quick question slightly of topic....
given the condition of our roads why do more people not buy SUVs like the Forrester or Endevour? My guess is that even the Bolero, Quallis, Tavera might be better suited to the roads we have in mumbai.

How would u guys compare the Best SUV under 14L v/s Best Car under 14L?
navin is online now   Reply With Quote