Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 29th August 2008, 12:47   #106
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users. Short-form language is not permitted.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th August 2008 at 15:26.
sujithnk is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 29th August 2008, 13:40   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
speedy-you seem to be on a car buying spree!
so you finally come to term with "5>E"
btw the 520d is nearly as quick as the e280cdi so if you are looking for something quicker get the 530d.
No No i'm not in a car buying spree at all Sahil. just got my self the ML 320, waiting delivery for this in the next week or so. i have to change my mothers corolla by end of the year or Jan max. she likes the c class ( choti / small mercedes like she calls it) and i do not want to make it a mercedes showroom at home. the car in the same budget would be the 520d (beechwali/medium bmw like she says). the legroom is more than the C class and hence i find it more suited for her.
i am sure the car would have good power but that is not what i am looking for its more comfort for my Mother and the car is going to be chaufard most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
@ Speedy : dont wait for a report... just buy it mate! the car is so fine, that u dont need a report to read to buy it! i bought it without the testdrive... i had only driven the 530 d, which indeed is powerful, and bought the 520d, well, i will say the 520d is also very powerful! anything exactly u looking for to know, before u make ur decission to buy it? so that i can answer u instantly. Speedy, I purchased the tyres from a Pirelli Dealer in hyderabad. he is my cousin, and hence he said if i wanted to save time and get the tyres as quickly as possible, it is better i take it directly from the transport company, else they take long time sending it over to his shop. The sole distributor of Pirelli Tyres in India is located in Baroda. So all tyres have to come from him. Unusual sizes, like mine, no one keeps stock here.
i like reading reports on the car and owner feedbacks so you know the pro's and con's. they should not come as a shock later on . i dont believe in test drives for certain car ( mercedes and bmw) as i am assured of their quality. you wont believe i have the 325i, x5 3.0d and the 730i or 740i in the family and all were bought without TD's. the only time when the car was seen was at the time of delivery, everything was done on the Phone. i do plan on getting the 520d and the x3 diesel or Audi A4 and have all the paperwork with me the only thing i am waiting for is time frames (birthdays).
there is nothing that i am perticularly looking for, but when i do have doubts i know who two to contact.
ok so you got them from Baroda, i thought you had ordered them abroad and they were flown in, hence they had to be collected from the depo place.

Last edited by speedy : 29th August 2008 at 13:47.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 15:56   #108
BHPian

Exclamation

Hey insane devil
what is the 2000 kms limit you are talking about ? I thought now a days cars are so advanced that u can rip it immediately .

where did you manage to get the m5 badging

could you upload the pictures for 3M floor mats the trunk and roof spoiler and the m6 kidney grill please .
Really wanna take a look at it and where did you manage to get these. Are the company providing it .
sujithnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 20:02   #109
Team-BHP Support

speedy please, not the x3.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 20:48   #110
BHPian

@ Sujith: hi there! even the BMW has a 2000 kms limiter, i had read it on a forum, and that for the first 2000 kms u are not supposed to cross 3000 rpm and 100kmph speed. Also, should not drive at a "constant" speed. Should keep the speed varing in diff. rpm's. Thats for the best of your car.
About the M5 badging, the one i got is original BMW oem part, from Germany. there is an ebay seller who has all OEM parts that you could want from BMW. In case not listed, if u give him part no. he can even arrange it for you. They are guaranteed ORIGINAL OEM parts. cost a lot more than other replicas, but the quality is also FIRST CLASS!

About the photos, just give me some time, and i will upload complete set of photos once i get time to take them. Just not findint time to click, will mostly do it tomorrow! Yesterday had parked my car outside my home, on the road, and when i came down to the car, to go out, saw 2 guys in a black 5 series checking out the car, the moment they saw the car unlocked by me, they just zoomed away! were stopped in the middle of the road (its very lil traffic down my road)!
The spoilers have added a great appeal to the car, looks totally HOT! i had seen many photos of this, and then finally went in for them!

About the Kidney Grill, well, i should be receiving it in a day or 2, so will take photos then and upload it. They are M6 style.

@SPEEDY: hey mate, well, once i get in all the accessories, then will take a photo shoot, and also put up the review. About your purchase in 2009, i would stongly suggest you ditch the X3 Diesel, and go for the Audi Q5! its definately coming in Diesel, and by time X3 launches diesel, i think this will also come thru. Heard its going to be launched first half of 2009 somewhere.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 21:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
speedy please, not the x3.
Quote:
@SPEEDY: hey mate, well, once i get in all the accessories, then will take a photo shoot, and also put up the review. About your purchase in 2009, i would stongly suggest you ditch the X3 Diesel, and go for the Audi Q5! its definately coming in Diesel, and by time X3 launches diesel, i think this will also come thru. Heard its going to be launched first half of 2009 somewhere.
the X3 is for my brother Guys. he likes BMW and i have been telling him for the Tiguan or Q5 but lets see. Infinity Motors has two Diesel X3's with them right now in stock and i have the papers with me. the 520D is confirmed, showed my mother the car pictures and she approves. so end of the year or first quater we would take it.
the Q5 i dont know for sure when they would bring it in India, and like i said i am in no hurry, but at the same time dont want to loose my ML to him. he goes to his friends farm houses in Karjat and Kamshet so a Suv is needed for him and also he plans on doing India by road.
Like i Said take your time and post the pictures brother. would love to see her fully clad .
Old 30th August 2008, 09:57   #112
BHPian

Speedy , how much are Infinity Motors quoting for the X3-Diesel!??? its not launched in India yet, right? Is it an import version they got?
Old 30th August 2008, 10:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

@ID

Congrats on your new acquisition !! The 5 series in the diesel avtaar is surely - yum yum yummy !!

Enjoy !

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 12:22   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy , how much are Infinity Motors quoting for the X3-Diesel!??? its not launched in India yet, right? Is it an import version they got?
they are asking on road 42 lacs for the diesel. this is the basic car cost (options extra) and not the on road cost.
it is just like the X5 direct imports. the X3 petrol is launched here not the diesel. the diesel would be done now so i am guessing that is why these cars were called in ( import version). Stay ahead of competition.
Old 30th August 2008, 15:45   #115
BHPian

@ Ricky : Thanks a lot mate! the Diesel is surely very quick!

@ Speedy: Oh, i think u mean its Rs.42lk EX-Showroom. for the base model (without any options) so that would take the OnRoad Price to around Rs.48lk. well, then its a good buy!!! i didnt know they actually sell one like this!
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Insane I am sure you are enjoying your car but we need some PICS.
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Speedy: Oh, i think u mean its Rs.42lk EX-Showroom. for the base model (without any options) so that would take the OnRoad Price to around Rs.48lk. well, then its a good buy!!! i didnt know they actually sell one like this!
Sorry i meant ex-showroom for the basic diesel model and i guess it would come to 46 or 48 on road. the Touareg is available for 48 ex showroom and the base ML 320 cdi is available for 55lacs ex showroom. both these cars are bigger and have more features than the X3 so why wont a customer prefer spending more and getting these. just my thought.
Most of the companies do sell these like this. the S 500/600 is not officially here but you can order it from the dealership. the 330ci (coupe) can also be ordered from BMW. the X3 on the other hand is going to be officially sold here so they do get certain cars as their display cars and to sell. the M3 also was one of them bought by our fellow member.
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:33   #118
BHPian

@ Cooldude: dude! yea, am loving the car, but please bear me for a few more days, the pics will be taken once all mods are in place...which is i should expect them all on my table by max this weekend! so hopefully sunday will take the photos once everything is installed. 3 more mods are on their way, should be anytime they reach me!

@ Speedy: thanks for clearing that up, speedy! yea, as u said, a Base model M class would be better to buy than the X3, as the M class is quiet beefier in looks & size!
Old 11th September 2008, 22:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Rishan bhai what happened to the pics ? Busy enjoying the car kya ?
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 10:12   #120
Senior - BHPian

Insane_Devil i just got word that the X3 is for 52 lacs. i am guessing on road price.

If you are free could you also post pictures of the car too. Thank you.

Last edited by speedy : 12th September 2008 at 10:13.