Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 21st August 2008, 18:57   #1
BHPian

Default Love my AccordV6 but?

Hi people,

I have been driving Honda accord V6 for quite some time,the car is a killer,its a beast,raw power.Moreover its sucha luxuorious car,I simply love it.Low on maintanance.
.Average is really low(the only con).
I am planning(rather confused) to go for Laura L&K triptronic.I went for a test drive yesterday,but was not convinced somehow.The interiors are quite dull!Low power!Upholstery was sad,no provision for double din!I mean it doesnt makes sense to go in for a laura coz the features of the car are not out of the world,moreover if I sell my accord I will be getting around11Lacs(2005 make).So I ve to put another 9 Lacs for the Laura.What do you guys suggest?
Or should I do a full body Paint(Black) from the showroom(any idea wats the damage like?) for my accord
get 17"alloys,replace with projector headlamps and xenon HIDs for the lower beam? Or this is just waste of money?
Or should I keep the accord and get a Swift diesel?(better average)and use the accord ocassionaly?
My daily running is around 20Kms
I am really confused and dont know what to do?
Please help guys.This forum is so addictive and helpful tat i ve been reading the threads non-stop for 12-14 hours in a day...Kaam dhanda Chodd ke...Lol
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 19:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

Look at it this way, you love the Accord, not passionate about the Laura

considering your use, you will pay Rs126000 in interest to save Rs 45000 in fuel per annum. You can use the interest to doll up the accord
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 20:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Or should I do a full body Paint(Black) from the showroom(any idea wats the damage like?)
Should be in the range of 40-50K for a full body paint at the Honda authorized dealership.

Quote:
get 17"alloys,replace with projector headlamps and xenon HIDs for the lower beam?
This will void your warranty (if you had taken extended warranty in the first place). Else you can go for that.

Quote:
Or should I keep the accord and get a Swift diesel?(better average)and use the accord ocassionaly?
My daily running is around 20Kms
IF your daily running is only 20KMs then buying another car just to save on fuel does not make sense... you will end up using both to the same extent more or less.

Quote:
I am really confused and dont know what to do?
Please help guys.This forum is so addictive and helpful tat i ve been reading the threads non-stop for 12-14 hours in a day...Kaam dhanda Chodd ke...Lol
Lol. Welcome to T-BHP!!! It does have that effect.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 20:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you like driving your car around, the Accord V6 makes more sense. Do a couple of basic mods like intake, headers, exhaust and you'l enjoy it more than ever.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 20:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

well obviously your not gonna like the laura after the accord v6. its only half the bhp and nowhere as quick. i suggest you keep your accord.

read this you might get some ideas -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...idewinder.html
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 21:50   #6
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Thanks guys,the link is refreshing,it makes sense keeping the car and doing a paint job....T-Bhp rocks...

intake, headers, exhaust????where do I get info on these?

Last edited by aah78 : 21st August 2008 at 22:18. Reason: Posts merged. See note.
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 23:45   #7
BHPian

Red face

Full body paint job will easily cost you 60000-65000 .
I don't think its worth going to the dealer THEY ARE A RIP OFF .
if u know some real good paint people outside they can do for 35000-40000.
As far as Air filters are concerned,i had a very bad expirence especially because cochin is flodded most of the time when it rains and my air filter sucked water in to the engine.
so be careful especially when it rains in bombay.

Xenon lights are good but it creates too much problem especially when you take for servicing and they use to blame my HID literally for everything especially because i had 6 of them . THESE HONDA PEOPLE HATE US PLAYING ON THE ENGINE SIDE

Trust me u have to have good ones or else u cant see anything when you are driving
thanks
Hope i was of some help
sujithnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 23:58   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think you could enjoy driving a Swift after driving an Accord, especially such a powerful one.

I don't think you'd even feel that the seats support your legs and back properly.

What's more, even if you are a gentle and conservative driver, you wouldn't be driving a V6 unless that underlying power was important to you. What's your 0-100? I think the Swift is 13-point-something? It's going to feel like driving a tractor.

I drive a Swift: it is great value for money; it's got lots going for it; it's vastly better than the only-3-yr-old Indica I had before.

I'm going to type this quietly, because I don't want to upset my poor Swift --- but if I had an Accord, I wouldn't even sit in the Swift!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:41   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Accord V6 is a near collectors item, if you consider the kind of horses that silky smooth engine is capable of. Heck, except for the more expensive germans, there aren't any petrol sedans that can match the power delivery. The V6 is fast, reliable, comfortable and has a convenient slushbox. I'd honeslty see the Laura as a downgrade.

Keep the V6. And start soupin' her up!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
intake, headers, exhaust????where do I get info on these?
you could go and meet Ajay Panchal of Automech for the exhaust system and the K&N air filters. his place is opposite Phenix mills. i used to have all my exhausts done for my cars (vintage and new) there and i highly recomend him. he has also dont the exhaust and the air filters for my friends Accord and there has been no problems even in the monsoons. so you dont have to worry.
By the way you have advertised your car in the market place. so are you selling or reconsidering to keep it. i would suggest like most of my fellow members to keep it.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd August 2008 at 14:19.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

They should have atleast given VCM on the Indian Accord V6. With half the number of cylinders shut down, you're cruising with only 1.5 ltrs!!! The FE would have been even better than the 2.4 Accord.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 23:10   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Get the new accord instead...less on power..better on everything else
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 23:12   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Get the new accord instead...less on power..better on everything else
nope. the old v6 has many more features. id take that any day any time over the new 2.4. of course unless they launch the 3.5l.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 23:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Instead of spending a lot of money in downgrading to a Laura or buying a swift diesel,keep the 221bhp V6 and use the money for petrol.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008, 12:46   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
nope. the old v6 has many more features. id take that any day any time over the new 2.4. of course unless they launch the 3.5l.
Besides TCS what else does the V6 have over the New Accord?

The new one has a much more powerful engine compared to the previous 2.4 (although the v6 is far better), has better styling and interiors, 6 air bags and feels better built too.
Besides it would also gets better FE, getting the manual version in this case makes more sense as it would give performance somewhat close to the v6 auto.

But if your even more power hungry, throw in a turbo charger+FFE+Intake etc and you are guaranteed far more driving pleasure than your v6

Last edited by Sahil : 23rd August 2008 at 12:48.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote