Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 24th September 2008, 15:00   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I had a gut feeling this thread's outcome would land up with the 520d too like some other threads that were started with 3/c/a4 confusion.

The 5 series is hands down a better car, don't think twice just go for it ! The rest of the cars you considered are not a patch compared to the 520d.
Sahil, I think you have BMW 3 series car, Have you opted for BSR package? Is it useful ?

As I have heard that BMW cars do not require much maintaince, as its breakdown ratio is less as compared to other cars
Future Rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 16:14   #32
BHPian

Hi - I dont own any of these cars - but I can tell you if you are going to drive any of these then each car is unique experience. Its difficult to tell in words how they are different - all little things. Merc has lighter steering - bmw a hint of roar, audi has a techy feel to it.

It is very likely that one of them will blow you away - so test drive each for yourself. You might like them all - but mostly BMW guy is different person for mostly merc guy and mostly audi guy.
rahuldeodhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 16:43   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Rulz View Post
Sahil, I think you have BMW 3 series car, Have you opted for BSR package? Is it useful ?

As I have heard that BMW cars do not require much maintaince, as its breakdown ratio is less as compared to other cars
You stole my last avatar

I have a 525d... Yes i did go in for the the 5years/100,000km package for 2.7lacs. I had a bad experience with my previous mercedes C-class so i rather be on the safer side this time. I did do some research before I got put my money down for the package, got the pricelist of spares,etc and found that the package is well worth the price.
There is another thread on the forum where we worked out the math.
And lets hope BMWs don't require much maintaince but don't take it for granted please ! I speak from bitter experience with the other german marquee .
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 17:43   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
You stole my last avatar

I have a 525d... Yes i did go in for the the 5years/100,000km package for 2.7lacs. I had a bad experience with my previous mercedes C-class so i rather be on the safer side this time. I did do some research before I got put my money down for the package, got the pricelist of spares,etc and found that the package is well worth the price.
There is another thread on the forum where we worked out the math.
And lets hope BMWs don't require much maintaince but don't take it for granted please ! I speak from bitter experience with the other german marquee .
Dear I wasn't aware of this , that you too had the same avtaar pic..I just searched google and this pic caught my attention.. .

Ok now coming to the point, till now have you faced any mechanical trouble with ur bimmer?.
Is there any condition , that one can take BSI+R Package only for the new vehicle or in the 1st year of car purchase?

What is the color of your car ( interior/exterior) ?????
Future Rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 02:14   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

it's still too early for mechanical trouble. The car is exactly a year old in 10 days.
The only condition on purchasing the package is that it must be bought before you get the first service done.
I have the titanium silver with grey interiors.
Old 25th September 2008, 04:51   #36
BHPian

Another Beemer buy happens with a last minute segment jump. I kinda have started having a Deja-Vu feeling about all this

Excellent decision mate am sure you will rule the future. All the best!!!
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 14:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Rulz View Post
Friends, after a long discussion with dad, we both came to a conclusion that we should go for BMW 520d as Merc is also planing to change the E-Class in 2009 and also the price difference between 320d & 520d is just of 6 lakhs. So by paying just 6 lakhs more there'll be a complete segment change.

What say ???
A great practical choice there Future Rulz. the car is excellent and you would find it better than the previous choices of yours. cheers:
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 14:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am sure the AT would be awesome. I have sampled VW's DSG and it really amazed me. AT's are getting better, no doubt about that. What I meant was that there is something magical about the whole act of engaging the clutch then shifting gears. It's that abstract pleasure that I was referring to .

Anyway, I really don't understand why BMW insists on not giving MT in India. They offer MT even in North America so why not here? Even Mercedes doesn't offer MT in the E class and above. At least, give it as an option.

As of today Merc Does offer Manual on the E class. Just found that out yesterday.
redeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 22:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
As of today Merc Does offer Manual on the E class. Just found that out yesterday.
In the C yes, not in the E.
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 22:28   #40
BHPian

I have the price list in hand. The E class does come with a manual now. period.
redeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 22:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
I have the price list in hand. The E class does come with a manual now. period.
Whoa! KILLAH! If the E comes with a slick 6 speed manual, it is now my choice over the 5 series. Can you confirm this and upload the price list? I hope you aren't talking about Mercs policy of listing the ATs cost separately.

Not to mention, I hear that massive discounts are available on the E. A couple of weeks back = 4 lakh rupees (E280 cdi). Someone told me, this afternoon, that the currently offered discount is substantially more!
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 02:02   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

For what i remember, the E200K was always available in manual mainly bought by the taxi service companies.

I doubt the e280cdi is available in manual