Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2009, 15:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your 320d purchase. It is undoubtedly a brilliant car.

Cheers
Old 17th June 2009, 16:39   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
UPDATE:

After many months of deliberation and waiting, we've picked up a 320d -Pre owned, for the following reasons
Which year? Cost? If you don't wanna reveal it on the open forum, PM me. A friend too is in the market for a pre-owned BMW; that's why i'm asking.
Old 17th June 2009, 19:05   #63
BHPian

@ everyone

Thanks! She really is a beauty and drives just as a Beamer should. I'll type it all out in a review in a weeks time

Cheers all
Old 17th June 2009, 19:24   #64
BANNED

i never understood why people by diesel BMWs?

when one can afford a BMW im sure they can afford the damn petrol bills too!!

BMW is all about performance and self driven experience, diesel is for mercedes (the executive car with a driver) besides tractors and taxis!

i guess some people buy it just for the name BMW even though its a used car!

Last edited by Parm : 17th June 2009 at 19:28.
Old 17th June 2009, 19:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i never understood why people by diesel BMWs?

when one can afford a BMW im sure they can afford the damn petrol bills too!!

BMW is all about performance and self driven experience, diesel is for mercedes (the executive car with a driver) besides tractors and taxis!

i guess some people buy it just for the name BMW even though its a used car!
keep your flame suit ready

i would buy a used car if i am certain it is a good machine. it does not make my ownership any less happier. and in this particular case, used bmw520d any day instead of half a dozen new cars around 20L range. every car feels used after 6 months.

btw, i have lost count of the number of "what car" threads that ended up in a purchase of BMW-5.

congrats mate, enjoy!!

Last edited by androdev : 17th June 2009 at 19:39.
Old 17th June 2009, 19:49   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
keep your flame suit ready

i would buy a used car if i am certain it is a good machine. it does not make my ownership any less happier. and in this particular case, used bmw520d any day instead of half a dozen new cars around 20L range. every car feels used after 6 months.

btw, i have lost count of the number of "what car" threads that ended up in a purchase of BMW-5.

congrats mate, enjoy!!
im talking about diesel bmw, not used bmw! why would you buy a diesel bmw, im sure you can spend few extra rupees on petrol and enjoy the ultimate driving machine when you can afford the bmw itself!

buy a petrol engine bmw (even a used) for its sheer driving pleasure and performance and not for cheaper diesel fuel bills!

Old 17th June 2009, 20:06   #67
BHPian

@ parm

You seem to be hung onto the fact that a petrol Beamer is far superior to a Diesel.

As a petrolhead, some part of me agrees. It just isn't the same is it? the satisfaction of hearing an inline 6 at 6000 rpm telling you to whip it harder. Or the satisfaction of the purr of a petrol as opposed to the clatter of the diesel.

That changed once i'd taken the 320d out for a spin with dad. The gut wrenching surge of the turbo kicking in must be experienced to believe. The 325 in comparison was a constant foot to your backside without a let up in power. It wasn't as 'fun' to drive.

Look at it this way. It's the same reason we love roller coasters. To experiences the G forces ploughing you back into your seat.

And that mindset that people who can afford expensive cars won't give a damn about fuel bills is RUBBISH. The category of people you're refering to are the kind who can afford far more expensive cars. Fuel bills also come out of hard earned money. We're a middle class family, and dad has given half his life be in a position to afford it comfortably.

And sir. If we'd wanted 'badge' a Merc would've sufficed. Desperation is different from aspiration. We love driving. Hence the choice.

I know this is nothing personal. But this is just to point out that this fixed mindset is due for a long change.

As for me, i hope to one day be in a position when i can afford my Italian dream with my own money and not give a damn about fuel bills

Cheers

Last edited by Nitronium : 17th June 2009 at 20:08.
Old 17th June 2009, 20:11   #68
Team-BHP Support

PArm, have you driven a diesel BMW? Once you drive it you'll realise that sometimes the diesel makes more sense than the diesel. These diesels are torque monsters and more fun to drive than the petrols in town or on the highway. Where you need to rev the petrol to have fun, the diesel torque is just a small prod of the right pedal away. The diesels sometimes out accelerate the petrol counterparts and are equally enjoyable.

FE is just icing on the cake.
Old 17th June 2009, 20:13   #69
BHPian

Diesel = Lovely starting torque. If it comes out of a BMW engine...it gets lovelier!

Congrats for your new buy.
Old 17th June 2009, 20:38   #70
BANNED

i respect every individual's own choice about petrol or diesel bmw, have money do buy one!

all i said was that if one can afford a bmw then one can also afford its fuel (petrol) bills too!

i didnt mean to start a diesel or petrol war at all. so enjoy you own engine with petrol or diesel.

maybe i have never driven a diesel bmw and always had petrol ones, thats why im biased towards petrol!

though i had a used golf diesel, wasnt that fun, was too heavy and just that it was cheaper to run!
Old 4th September 2009, 21:35   #71
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1466629 (BMW 320d- Sheer Driving Pleasure indeed)

As promised
Closed Thread