Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 19th October 2008, 22:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

@ Sahil and Speedy:
Well i am kind off shocked at seeing it. Didn't have time when I was in Mumbai but plan on doing so when I go back.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 15:37   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Hi Congratulations on your succes and new car, Hope we'll also get a TD sometime in future....By the way. I was there at pitampura on sunday just a day before you posted your review, a crazy guy was TDing A BMW. And later saw him drive a merc crazily with full accelerator on the same strech, The one near Apeejay school..Once I thought about you, that you would also drive both the car very soon..

Best of luck..Waiting for PICS...
Yup that Crazy guy was me alright, thanks for that. And I floored the pedal on insistance from my friend who owns the car. That road is usually empty for such td's.
Will definately post the pictures ones I get my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@ Sahil and Speedy:
Well i am kind off shocked at seeing it. Didn't have time when I was in Mumbai but plan on doing so when I go back.
Thats very sad bro, I am sure it wont be there in my New car.

@ GTO
Am a driving enthu but this time am buying AT as I havent owned an AT before so want to see how is life with Automatics.

@ Gold
What the hell?

My dad is Insisting on E. But I am sure ones he sees the C he will forget E (Condition being I wont make him sit in E).
physicspsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 15:18   #63
BHPian

Hi friends Thanks for your Replies. Just few days back got shining new Merc C petrol automatic. I am sorry for the delay as I had forgotten the password to my account. Will Upload the pics as soon as i click them. It feels amazing to drive this car. Love you all.
Old 14th November 2008, 16:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
Hi friends Thanks for your Replies. Just few days back got shining new Merc C petrol automatic. I am sorry for the delay as I had forgotten the password to my account. Will Upload the pics as soon as i click them. It feels amazing to drive this car. Love you all.
Hey Physicspsyche: great to know that and congrats. I am contemplating buying the same. I followed the thread and found that you initially were thinking on 220D. I want to know what made to change it to 200K? I am inclined at 200K but most of others have been suggetsing 220D instead so want to know from you.
BTW, which color did you opt for and what interiors?? Did you get any discounts or goodies along??

Thanks.
diki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 16:33   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
Congrats for your ride!!!

Merc has loaded the 2008 version of loads of gadgets. Your ownership review can be of great help for others.

Waiting for the pictures.
Swifty2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 17:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dude. Now waiting for the pics and more info
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2008, 23:11   #67
BHPian

Default Hi

Congratulations on your new Mercedes Benz.
Now show us the pics quick and an overview of how you are enjoying your new car.
Also please tell us why you went for the C200k as opposed to the diesel.Even I am considering a C and would like to know how you reasoned for buying a petrol.
Cheers and enjoy
morphin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 03:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post
Hey Physicspsyche: great to know that and congrats. I am contemplating buying the same. I followed the thread and found that you initially were thinking on 220D. I want to know what made to change it to 200K? I am inclined at 200K but most of others have been suggetsing 220D instead so want to know from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Also please tell us why you went for the C200k as opposed to the diesel.Even I am considering a C and would like to know how you reasoned for buying a petrol.
Cheers and enjoy
His monthly run is 600-1000 Kms. So calculate his break even time for the premium he would pay. If he sells after 5 years, the resale difference between a petrol and diesel, even if 2 lak (which is less than the premium for the diesel), it still should be ok.
Plus , even though low on torque compared to the CDI, there is always something about a free revving petrol unit.
dipen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 15:27   #69
BHPian

Thankyou guys, Well Dipen thats true that my monthly running is 1000kms max. But the thing is after lot of thinking i have decided that I wont be doing 1000 kms on Merc alone, I have a honda city for that. So basically I have kept my Merc for weekend get aways. Initially I had thought of doing every ounce of KM on merc only but call me old fashioned I just want some experience of such cars. The color is calicite white and interior I opted for Black, its a 200K elegance.
Old 17th November 2008, 23:34   #70
BHPian

Hi physicspsyche,
I was told by T&T motors Gurgoan that there is no customization option available for C class.The salesrep told me that combination is:
Black or Grey Exterior comes with Beige interior and vice versa.
He also told me clearly that except for external body kit I cannot get any electrical equipment as optional.
so please clarify this for me if you can.
Cheers
morphin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:48   #71
BHPian

Well even a friend of mine got White new C with black interior. Why should it be a problem? He was keen on retractable mirror which he was clearly denied.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote