Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 22nd November 2008, 13:31   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd be surprised if any dealer is offering a 7 lakh discount. That is against Mercs policies so far and they know that such a move will kill E-Class residuals. Not to mention a pissed off bunch who bought an E Class in the last 6 months. I will believe it when I hear someone actually sealing the deal at this rate.

If the news is true, then the E220 is a killer deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Secondly, there is the on-hand proof that old-gen Germans lose value all too quickly.
For petrol Germans, I'd agree to your statement. Not the case with the diesels; they hold their value very well.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:16   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For petrol Germans, I'd agree to your statement. Not the case with the diesels; they hold their value very well.
Surely the generation gap will kill the resale value 5 years down the line? Sure, the diesels will command a higher value, the value of the W211's as a whole will surely not be much. That's why I mentioned the current residuals of the W210 as my example.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:16   #33
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Hi,

BMW secure is a bumper to bumper warranty and worth the premium IMO.

l....
Ouch! That's totally confused statement. Let me clarify on this. Please take it as the final words.

Bajaj Allianz Insurance: It is a tie up with BMW and is a normal insurance therefore NCB from any other is transferable. The depreciation applicable is governed by IRDA.

BMW Secure: It is a topup package offered by BMW to all those customers whose Insurance on their BMWs has been covered by Bajaj Allianz thru the dealer. What it offers is...BMW will absorb the charges towards excess clauses/compulsory deductions, depreciation & other deductables applied by Bajaj Allianz. It the end, a Bajaj Allianz+BMW Secure combination is a true ZERO Payment cover. Apart from this, the BMW Secure will cover 4 tyres replacements for punctures (only). This tyre claim will not affect your NCB since the claim is not coming thru the insurance channel.

BMW Service Inclusive: Two options. (1) BSI Plus & (2) BSI Ultimate.

BSI Plus covers: Lubes, filters, wipers, brake pads & brake discs+Labour for the same. The dealer offers different cover spans from 3 years to 5 years & 60000 km to 100000 km.

BSI Ultimate covers: All that is covered by BSI Plus & offers extended warranty as well. The dealer offers different cover spans from 3 years to 5 years & 60000 km to 100000 km.

Top ups are allowed from 3 years to 5 years &/or 60000 km to 100000 km.

So, a BMW+BA Insurance+BMW Secure+BSI Ultimate combination ends up like a bottle of Single Malt. You can enjoy it as long as it lasts.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:24   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post

BSI Plus covers: Lubes, filters, wipers, brake pads & brake discs+Labour for the same. The dealer offers different cover spans from 3 years to 5 years & 60000 km to 100000 km.

BSI Ultimate covers: All that is covered by BSI Plus & offers extended warranty as well. The dealer offers different cover spans from 3 years to 5 years & 60000 km to 100000 km.

So, a BMW+BA Insurance+BMW Secure+BSI Ultimate combination ends up like a bottle of Single Malt. You can enjoy it as long as it lasts.
You seem to know in detail what the BMW extended coverage plans offer, I'm glad to know that. You would be the right person to clear my doubts then. What I want to know is;

If I've bought a BMW with BSI+BMW Secure, is that the definitive amount I will have to spend on the car over the next 5 years?

Am I to understand that accidential damage and all services are covered for this period? Will I have to spend anything more towards BMW for whatever reason, if the car is to go in for routine servicing/accidential damage repair?

What I'm basically trying to understand here is, if I were to buy the car with BSI+Secure, over 5 year duration is fuel the only expense towards the car, as everything else is covered under these plans?
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:14   #35
BHPian

Exclamation

@ Flying Spur

Extra Expenses: If I think realistically, there will still be some expenses. Something like:

Tyres (The biggest thing after fuel)
Tyre damages like sidewall cut (unless paid by insurance)
PUC Checks (Just think...BMW will not have this under any cover)
If I/my friend puke inside the car after getting tipsy...(I know I will need to have it cleaned on my own)
I am told that any accessories are not covered (under BSI)

You know...these are incidental expenses and will not really burn a big hole in the pocket. The only exception being...

Water Hammer: It is not a manufacturing defect (not paid by warranty), It is not normal wear & tear (not paid by BSI) & the Insurance companies maintain that they will pay only direct damages (Bent connecting rods/crank are consequential damages hence they wont pay either)
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch! That's totally confused statement. Let me clarify on this. Please take it as the final words.

Bajaj Allianz Insurance: It is a tie up with BMW and is a normal insurance therefore NCB from any other is transferable. The depreciation applicable is governed by IRDA.

BMW Secure: It is a topup package offered by BMW to all those customers whose Insurance on their BMWs has been covered by Bajaj Allianz thru the dealer. What it offers is...BMW will absorb the charges towards excess clauses/compulsory deductions, depreciation & other deductables applied by Bajaj Allianz. It the end, a Bajaj Allianz+BMW Secure combination is a true ZERO Payment cover. Apart from this, the BMW Secure will cover 4 tyres replacements for punctures (only). This tyre claim will not affect your NCB since the claim is not coming thru the insurance channel.

Thanks for the clarification in detail. I stand corrected.
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 07:58   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

@ BeamerBoy :

Thanks for the clarification! You answered my queries quite accurately i.e. basically apart from things like tyres and consequential damage, there is no real major expensive over the ownership. Obviously I wasn't looking to include PUC and interior cleanup/detailing under the warranty. However, the "Right To Repair" as mentioned in the documents does imply that beyond the warranty period, if they cannot repair the part damaged, then you will have to pay for the replacement part, correct? And this is beyond the 2 year warranty or the BSI timeframe?
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
@ BeamerBoy :

... However, the "Right To Repair" as mentioned in the documents does imply that beyond the warranty period, if they cannot repair the part damaged, then you will have to pay for the replacement part, correct? And this is beyond the 2 year warranty or the BSI timeframe?
Nope! Not correct. Right to repair means that you buy the right to repair your car as per the BMW's repair manuals. That's it. The job is still under BSI. So, it is Warranty cover till first 2 years & BSI+R cover for the BSI timeframe.
Old 24th November 2008, 00:06   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Its really early to offer a 'model closeout' type discounts on the E. The new one is not been shown yet officially. It will take a good 6-8 months till the new one arrives in dealerships. Usually closeout discount is offered in the last month of production. Have sales really tanked that much?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 01:28   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope! Not correct. Right to repair means that you buy the right to repair your car as per the BMW's repair manuals. That's it. The job is still under BSI. So, it is Warranty cover till first 2 years & BSI+R cover for the BSI timeframe.
So the cost of the parts is still borne by the manufacturer? Even in case of accidential damage? (I'm sorry, I agree this discussion is more befitting of a sit-down across-the-table type of conversation).
Old 24th November 2008, 21:49   #41
BHPian

Check out today version of the economic times front page. It shows the Mbenz E and M class models going for a 10% discount.
redeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 10:48   #42
BHPian

Default Mercedes offers Rs 8 lakh discount on E-class

While the new E-class is very much round the corner, Mercedes is aggressively clearing the stocks of the current E-class through incredbile discount offers. Mercedes is offering Rs8 lakhs on current E-class. An additional three percent finance payout option is also being offered for the E-class.

Is this happening for the first time? Never heard that Mercedes gives discount.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 11:29   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

There was mention of this in another thread too but seemed unrealistic to most.
Did you have this confirmed from a dealership? Is it across the model line-up?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 11:32   #44
BHPian

That's a massive discount. So how much is the Ex-showroom price now ?
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 15:35   #45
BHPian

here is the news on Autocar as well.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

will try to get the pricing from dealer in pune.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote