Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Closed Thread

Old 24th April 2009, 10:44   #31
BHPian

To confuse you more

Skoda superb 3.6 FSI - 0-100 - 6.6 sec.
lancer mivec - 0-100 - 6.7 sec (all under 7.5lkhs & you dont have to be too careful in city at all)

Last edited by brraj : 24th April 2009 at 10:45.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:49   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
To confuse you more

Skoda superb 3.6 FSI - 0-100 - 6.6 sec.
lancer mivec - 0-100 - 6.7 sec (all under 7.5lkhs & you dont have to be too careful in city at all)
then again the mivec is so much smaller and dosent have any features + he has to go through the process of swapping whereas with the superb he gets it right from the dealership.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

He will have to baby the Superb though. It might come with an Indian price tag, but repairs will certainly be European.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:03   #34
BHPian

Lancer is anyway great handler, he just have to run on neovas and better brake pads. The kit will come with all side disk brakes aswell or how will a cedia+mivec engine sound.

Skoda superb 3.6 FSI - 25lakhs
lancer mivec - 7.5lkhs

Price difference is too much and i think he can go through the process of swapping easily as he has mentioned that he can wait for 6+months aswell. People in bombay, chennai have already tried & tested so he can get all the help from them.

Last edited by brraj : 24th April 2009 at 11:05.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Not much can be coaxed out of that engine. Not an option unless he wants to go for an EVO conversion.
If one is open to turbo'ing, that block can do 250bhp reliably without engine failures. Thats what the rally boys are doing.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To confuse you more
lancer mivec - 0-100 - 6.7 sec (all under 7.5lkhs & you don't have to be too careful in city at all)
Whoa! Under 6.7s? And how reliable is this MIVEC conversion? I haven't seen any long term reviews here, maybe i should search harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If one is open to turbo'ing, that block can do 250bhp reliably without engine failures. That's what the rally boys are doing.
yep. i remember reading in ACI somewhere that the rallyboys are hitting 200+ bhp without much sweat in in this one.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:49   #37
BHPian

Folks

How does one get holds of this Lancer MIVEC one. Sorry but I'm a complete novice here so help me understand this. Also how well rounded a package this would be. It looks like a car purpose built for only one thing - performance. How is it going to be maintained and do the routine upkeep if anything goes wrong esp at a place where I live.

Sure performance is what I want primarily but I would prefer the package to be a well rounded one (meaning it can take to other boring duties as I have mentioned in my first post) and wouldn't mind some luxury and comfort to go with it even if it requires some extra dough.

Rephrasing my requirement - Require a VFM performance but practical sedan that can be used for everyday tasks also.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:49   #38
BHPian

@Skywalker & @entropy
Check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cer-mivec.html (Mitsubishi Lancer - MIVEC)

i guess you can contact them for your needs in mumbai
KS Motorsport...>>>

Last edited by brraj : 24th April 2009 at 11:58.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Sure performance is what I want primarily but I would prefer the package to be a well rounded one (meaning it can take to other boring duties as I have mentioned in my first post) and wouldn't mind some luxury and comfort to go with it even if it requires some extra dough.

Rephrasing my requirement - Require a VFM performance but practical sedan that can be used for everyday tasks also.

Get a used Skoda Octavia RS (as new ones are not available). You could get one under under 8lakhs, throw in 2-3lakhs for mods and your done. It'll be faster than the Lancer Mivec and more comfy and safe too. Might even smoke the new Accord V6.

Its fast, safe, very well equipped, you'll get it at half the price of the new Accord V6, lots of room for mods performance wise.

Last edited by karthik247 : 24th April 2009 at 12:43.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:37   #40
BHPian

If you are vary of a used Octavia RS, you can still buy a new Octavia 1.8 TPi and pimp it to your needs! Chip it, add 16" alloys, fatter rubber, headers, FFE, much more and still save ~10 lakhs on your budget (of 25L).
Old 24th April 2009, 23:38   #41
BHPian

Guys, JMD skoda has 3.6 TSI is stock i think, atleast released as it is shown on their site. here is a link - Buy Skoda Superb 3.6 TSI Petrol in Mumbai
Old 25th April 2009, 02:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Whoa! Under 6.7s? And how reliable is this MIVEC conversion? I haven't seen any long term reviews here, maybe i should search harder.
Stock Mivec will not do those times, but yes it is quick, and great fun to drive. And karthik, they're quicker than an RS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
yep. i remember reading in ACI somewhere that the rallyboys are hitting 200+ bhp without much sweat in in this one.
No chance of 'without much sweat'. Nothing is left stock on those cars, except the crankcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If one is open to turbo'ing, that block can do 250bhp reliably without engine failures. Thats what the rally boys are doing.
How can you compare a super-high-compression NA race setup to a daily drive turbo setup?
Old 25th April 2009, 08:27   #43
BHPian

The rear leg room is bad in the 3 series. Using the rear seats regularly is a pain in that car. I'm pretty sure the leg room is less than the laura. But it's one of the best cars to drive
Old 25th April 2009, 13:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks brraj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Stock Mivec will not do those times, but yes it is quick, and great fun to drive. And karthik, they're quicker than an RS.
quicker than an RS is saying a lot! good piece of Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No chance of 'without much sweat'. Nothing is left stock on those cars, except the crankcase.
well, guess u cant believe everything you read thanks for that clarification.
Old 25th April 2009, 16:03   #45
BHPian

Mivec. Yummy.

Well as it produces 175bhp stock, it will smoke any Octy RS out there.

And if you keep it stock, no reliability issues !

Really a case of having your cake and eating it too.

Go for it. The superb will be a pain to maintain, and you will have to be careful in the city. The lancer, on the other hand, you could throw around with wild abandon
Closed Thread