Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 1st June 2009, 21:00   #106
BHPian

R7!

If you can keep the '7' for yourself, then stop worrying about the ride too much.

No matter how much you think, your ideas would change after you drive one for yourself. Leave the CBU with the 18" for now.

Any more updates from Delta Motors about the 7's shipment ?
AirbusA340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 21:23   #107
BHPian

2009 Audi A8L 4.2 quattro vs 2009 BMW 750Li vs 2009 Mercedes-Benz S550 Comparison - Motor Trend

Friends once read this comparison test.

I am going for kerala to attend a wedding and a family get together.

I will be back in 2 weeks and come back with the car.And yeah,we're also taking Mercedes S and E as mentioned in my signature.The mercs are for the company purpose and BMW 7 is mine.

And I did not do any work regarding mercs,just blindly ordering them after the kerala trip and comfort,looks and to pick up our foreign delegates,that's our primary choice for the mercs.

take care dear friends and I will come back with my BMW pics and if mercs get delivered at that time,I will post them too.
Rude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 21:30   #108
BHPian

It will be a cool ride.

I'm stuck at work and you are going places.

Its not fair!

Anyways, have a safe journey and PM after you are back.

For one last time, Hail the holy '7'!
Old 8th June 2009, 19:27   #109
BHPian

I hope every one is doing fine.My father is booking a 750Li individual with our own interior selection.Booking the car either in mumbai or delhi showroom as my dad's friend got a good reputation there.Car is expected to arrive in 3.5 months and car is not for me,it's for the company.and they are not buying mercedes s and e.and i am buying a honda civic for my office purpose.

Everyone takecare,bye
Old 8th June 2009, 20:33   #110
BHPian

Hey R7! You are back.

ok, but its your own company buying it. You can drive the car of your choice any day.

Do not hate cars man & do not be so pissed. You are so well off that once you get a better hand at the wheel, you can buy one out for yourself.

keep us posted.

cheers!
Old 11th June 2009, 18:04   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Hey R7! You are back.

ok, but its your own company buying it. You can drive the car of your choice any day.

Do not hate cars man & do not be so pissed. You are so well off that once you get a better hand at the wheel, you can buy one out for yourself.

keep us posted.

cheers!
sure bro.I will post the pictures on the first day itself.it's expected to arrive by October end.
Old 29th June 2009, 02:18   #112
BHPian

hey, whats happening?

you started work at the office ?
Old 14th December 2015, 09:28   #113
BHPian

Default Re: What's so special about BMW 7 series.

Recently, I was reading through the electronic gizmos that come with BMW 7 series. They sure do bring in the WOW factor! BMW sure uses many kinds of sensors. Check them out -
1. Hand gestures work! - The car has various sensors that decipher your simple hand gestures
Quote:
a 3D sensor registers your movements and interprets them to adjust various controls. For example, unwanted phone calls can now be rejected with a nonchalant flick of the wrist.
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-bmw1.jpg

2. Driverless auto parking -
Quote:
Auto parking is not new, but this system works even without the driver inside. It seems Pierce Brosnan knew something we didn’t because, with eerie parallels to the 750iL controlled via the screen of his phone in Tomorrow Never Dies, the process is activated via the new BMW display key.
Name:  BMW2.JPG
Views: 800
Size:  37.7 KB

3. Smart headlights and heat sensors! -
Quote:
The human eye has reached its limitations – the 7-Series will handle things from here. At night, animals, humans, or any heat-radiating object for that matter (a smouldering meteor perhaps?) are shown on the central display screen and picked out by a marker beam from the headlights.
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-bmw3.jpg

4. Fair degree of auto drive -
Quote:
The adaptive cruise will now read road signs and adjust your speed accordingly, while the traffic-jam assistant will take over completely in pesky stop-start tailbacks.
5. Smart Navigation System -
Quote:
Entering a destination into the satnav feeds its enormous brain. It passes the information to the eight-speed automatic gearbox allowing it to predictively shift when a hill or sharp corner approaches, while in the 740e plug-in hybrid it calculates a journey-specific strategy for consuming battery power in the most efficient manner.
Source for image and text above: here

And this BMW website lists the following information about it's ConnectedDrive technology. This is really amazing:-
1. Laser scanners -
Quote:
Front, back, left and right – a total of four laser scanners measure the precise distances to other objects and detect size and speed as well as the entire surroundings of the vehicle. The vehicle is then able to form a picture of which areas are accessible and free of obstacles.
Name:  Laser.JPG
Views: 779
Size:  39.2 KB
Name:  laser1.JPG
Views: 781
Size:  38.6 KB
2. Radar -
Quote:
The radar installed both in the front and two times in the back uses radar waves to measure the position of other vehicles and detects which direction they are coming from, how far away they are and the speed at which they are moving
Name:  Radar.JPG
Views: 784
Size:  39.5 KB
Name:  radar1.JPG
Views: 786
Size:  36.5 KB
3. Camera -
Quote:
The series camera installed in the inside mirror is able to determine the position of other road users and distinguish between a passenger car, lorry, motorcycle or pedestrian. It also recognizes the road markings and uses it to supply information on the position of the car within its lane
Name:  camera.JPG
Views: 766
Size:  36.0 KB
4. Ultrasound -
Quote:
The ultrasound sensors detect any obstacles and other vehicles in the immediate vicinity. There are two sensors on each side of the vehicle, one on each front wing and one on each side of the vehicle’s rear end
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-ultrasound.jpg

And all this is used for interplay -
Quote:
It is not a single technology that makes highly automated driving possible, but rather the interaction of all of the vehicle’s technologies. Every single sensor provides data to the environmental model, which is combined into a 360° model describing the vehicle’s environment. The driving strategy uses this information and determines the necessary driving manoeuvres
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-interplay.jpg
KomS_CarLog is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote