Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 11th May 2009, 12:46   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't recommend a used C or A4, since both of these have their maintenance issues and will prove expensive. Look out for BMW 320s / 325s and buy ONLY if you are getting one with their 5 year service coverage. If not, then avoid the Germans altogether.

The Superb is off the list as well : Shoddy service, zero support from the company and if the Laura / previous generation Superb are anything to go by, it will not prove reliable in the long run either. The equation of suspect reliability + shoddy dealers + zero company support is messed up.

You know what I'll recommend to you? Test a CRV. Photographers usually are big on this soft-roader. Except for the price, the CRV is a fabulous car. Great engine, road manners, space and quality. And while you are at it, re-visit the Accord. Can't go wrong with either.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 13:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

GTO the CR-V is priced upwards of 27L now after the 3.55L price increase.

Instead of CR-V, I would recommend the Outlander which has still not had the price hike and is still 20L something exshowroom.

Fantastic car with good features.

My review here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post1058238
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 14:33   #18
BHPian

Accord, accord & accord only.

My favorite car.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 19:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
GTO the CR-V is priced upwards of 27L now after the 3.55L price increase.

Instead of CR-V, I would recommend the Outlander which has still not had the price hike and is still 20L something exshowroom.

Fantastic car with good features.

My review here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post1058238
Outlander is a very good car (my cousin bought it) but I found that the feel in the interiors is not very "rich". It feels a bit...normal. Not luxurious.

If you do start to look at SUV's, definitely look at the Captiva. I think they're coming out with an AT version as well
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 03:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its such a pity you dont like Bimmers.My choice would have been a 2nd hand 320d.But the three-pointed star has its own charm.

Other than that have u test drove the V6 superb yet?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 11:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

@A.K.: When considering a Skoda or one of the german brands, please think if you will be able to afford the 10-40K service bills and expensive parts.
The superb is no doubt a beauty, but the parts are expensive, and reliability so so.
Same with the mercs and BMWs.

I would have ideally suggested a pre-owned E class, but given some of the issues we have faced with ours, I would refrain anyone from buying one used. Recently, at around 50Kkm, the car was sent for repairs because the turbo was clogged! Still have to see what was done to the car and the bills, but be prepared to spend atleast 15% of the new cars cost in maintaining the vehicle over a 5 year period.

This applies to the Skoda's as well.

As others have suggested, look at the japanese options as well. The CR-V is a fantastic option, so is the outlander. Do consider those as well.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote