Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2012, 16:56   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Which is the best used car for a budget of 30L?

I haven't found any 5 series yet.
The only two decent options available at Bird automotive were as follows:
1) 330i Black 2011
Done 8000 kms. Asking price of 27 lakh.
2) 320d Highline Silver
Done 15000 . Asking price of 28 lakhs.
I was thinking of negotiating further on the 330i because of the fall in petrol prices. Hoping to get it within 25 lakhs.
Navnit Motors last month was offering me a new 330i in showroom condition for 31 L
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 18:47   #92
BHPian
 
FlyinLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 32
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Which is the best used car for a budget of 30L?

Guys, please be careful when you buy from the Company dealers as well. Most of the cars are test drive vehicles with low mileage on the odo.

Having test driven a lot in the past few months, my std question to the sales guys was "how good or bad do generally customers drive who take these test drives of high end cars?" & a few of them did give me honest answers.

Some said, a few of them drive as if they are getting in a vehicle for the first time, One said some really like to test the limits and do rash driving & the best one was by this saleswomen of the Merc who mentioned that her customer intentionally took the car and rammed it in a tree and then ran away.

These same cars are repaired and sold off as new (with warranty included).

There's a complete different story of a pre-owned Merc E280 which I had paid for. Glad I got my refund. But that should be on another thread.

Just be cautious.

PS : the Beemer 5 is great fun
FlyinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 16:48   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 238
Thanked: 298 Times
Default Re: Which is the best used car for a budget of 30L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
I haven't found any 5 series yet.
The only two decent options available at Bird automotive were as follows:
1) 330i Black 2011
Done 8000 kms. Asking price of 27 lakh.
2) 320d Highline Silver
Done 15000 . Asking price of 28 lakhs.
I was thinking of negotiating further on the 330i because of the fall in petrol prices. Hoping to get it within 25 lakhs.
Navnit Motors last month was offering me a new 330i in showroom condition for 31 L
This might be a good time to go for a Petrol, when the entire world is running away from it. 8000 KM is almost new. BTW - if its a test drive car, then the dealer will usually disclose it to you. Be sure to find out, just in case.

Not advisable to get a TD car, because its usually been abused. Cars need to be broken in gently, something that the TD cars dont get. They're pushed from the first day - so its probably best to avoid a TD car.
torquing_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 10:36   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kerala
Posts: 76
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Which is the best used car for a budget of 30L?

Hey Guys,

Finally, after a long wait of 3 years I am happy to tell you that I have purchased a pre-worshipped E60 530D Highline. Will be getting the car on Monday and boy am I excited. It is my first BMW. I'll add some pictures next week once I have the car.

Cheers
over.drive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 22:56   #95
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: Which is the best used car for a budget of 30L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
Hey Guys,

Finally, after a long wait of 3 years I am happy to tell you that I have purchased a pre-worshipped E60 530D Highline. Will be getting the car on Monday and boy am I excited. It is my first BMW. I'll add some pictures next week once I have the car.

Cheers
Congrats overdrive! The 530d is one heck of a torque monster. Welcome to the Blue Bangle club! Get ready to have this " " expression on your face every time you floor that pedal or try to overtake someone! BTW Mind disclosing the deal that you got and the ODO figure of the car?
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 16:47   #96
BHPian
 
FlyinLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 32
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

So E60 does take the cake. Makes me feel good about my purchase too.

A month ago, I did take a test ride of the new 3, however after owning the E60, just didn't feel so impressed with the new 3. But I must say the 328i would be a fun vehicle however the price for that is over the roof.
FlyinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 17:33   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kerala
Posts: 76
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Which is the best used car for a budget of 30L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Congrats overdrive! The 530d is one heck of a torque monster. Welcome to the Blue Bangle club!
Thanks AdiSinghV12. The most powerful car I have driven till date is the Cruze. I have never ever had the opportunity to drive a 3L diesel before. Every review I read on the internet mentions about the insane amounts of torque and power of the straight six engine and of course the way the car handles beautifully. I am yet to experience that and I hope it leaves me satisfied when I do. The car I've bought is a 2009 530D HL with 45000Kms on the odo. Very well maintained, single owner with perfect service history. Asking price was 28L. Settled the deal for over 26L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinLow View Post
So E60 does take the cake. Makes me feel good about my purchase too. A month ago, I did take a test ride of the new 3, however after owning the E60, just didn't feel so impressed with the new 3. But I must say the 328i would be a fun vehicle however the price for that is over the roof.
F30 is a nice car and looks stunning. I was keen on getting a 320d SportLine until a month back. That is when the prices came out. A lot of people would disagree with me, but I personally do not think the features of the car justify the 38L on road price. It misses on some of the features that its competitors have. I did briefly look at the F10 and Q5, but nothing beats a 530d E60 for sheer driving pleasure I am told. I think I have made the right choice.

Last edited by over.drive : 15th September 2012 at 17:38.
over.drive is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Petrol SUV in the 20-30L range? di1in SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 15th December 2016 10:33
10 lakh budget. New car, used car or wait and increase budget? Tejas@perioimpl What Car? 59 2nd May 2014 12:03
Help in deciding on a new Car 30L OTR Mumbai barua Luxury, Imports & Niche 27 12th December 2011 17:05
OHC 1.3 for 3.30L? Ford Rocam The Indian Car Scene 13 25th September 2005 17:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks