Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 3rd December 2009, 00:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
Speedy your right about the cayman being more fun, and i personally like the looks of it more than the boxster. But the cayman will have to be 2nd hand considering its price, while if its the boxster then i will buy it from porsche and have the extra peace of mind that comes with a brand new car. If im gonna buy a 2nd hand porsche then why not just go in for a 911 model rather than the cayman. So you see the cayman is getting a beating from either perspective

I like that idea Nikhil. Its a great saturday night car and I can take it to college as well unlike the Porsche. But i havent yet seen an Evo 10 on the roads in bombay. Do you know of any? for sale ?
Will excuse your ignorance. I did mention the 996 and the 997 (older and current 911's). Even if the porsches any of the models would have warrenty and can be serviced from the dealership. I think the cayman normal and not the S variant shouldbe in your budget. Do check with Doctorque as they should have something in your budget in the used cars.

So then Boxster or SLK, Audi tt is is for you in the new line up.

Evo X is not available here Nikhil and evil_e46. So unless you plan on importing one which is way over yur budget after duties and other expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Do NOT..I Repeat DO NOT buy a used SL55 AMG. Unless you want to have the car parked at the garage for most of the time you have it. I knew of one SL 55 which was recently for sale and it was in PATHETIC condition. Also, If you do find one in good nick (difficult) you will easily get it in around 45-55 laks!!
And why is that may i ask Cyrus. I do not know of one car that has spent more than its service time at the garage. The owners who have the sl55 Amg have had no complains. If you on account of one car are blaming all sl55 Amgs to be bad i think it is wrong. I saw two SL 55's and both were in good condition with full service history and no problems when i checked with the dealership. I plan to get one for myself some time in the near future.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Will excuse your ignorance. I did mention the 996 and the 997 (older and current 911's). Even if the porsches any of the models would have warrenty and can be serviced from the dealership. I think the cayman normal and not the S variant shouldbe in your budget. Do check with Doctorque as they should have something in your budget in the used cars.

So then Boxster or SLK, Audi tt is is for you in the new line up.

Evo X is not available here Nikhil and evil_e46. So unless you plan on importing one which is way over yur budget after duties and other expenses.

And why is that may i ask Cyrus. I do not know of one car that has spent more than its service time at the garage. The owners who have the sl55 Amg have had no complains. If you on account of one car are blaming all sl55 Amgs to be bad i think it is wrong. I saw two SL 55's and both were in good condition with full service history and no problems when i checked with the dealership. I plan to get one for myself some time in the near future.
Its not ignorance speedy. Ive already mentioned about the 997 turbo in a previous post. It was my first choice. Im getting a 996 targa for less than half my budget but dont wanna go in for a prev generation if i can afford the new one and that car is not in the best of condition. I was just saying here how the cayman is falling in terms of my preferences to the boxster or 911(997). Yes they do come with valid warranty but the assurance u get from a new car is definately unmatched
There was some news some time ago of the evo 10 being launched in india for about 22 lakhs right ? It costs something like 30000$ so 22 is not a bad deal at all !

What is Doctorque? On this front i do admit i am ignorant

Last edited by evil_e46 : 3rd December 2009 at 00:47.
evil_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 01:00   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
There was some news some time ago of the evo 10 being launched in india for about 22 lakhs right ? It costs something like 30000$ so 22 is not a bad deal at all !
Yup, i have heard similar stuff about the Evo X. But i am not sure if there was an official statement from Mitsubishi.

Speedy: I am not sure if i have updated you lately but my E has taken a beating and is with your neighbor since 3 weeks! It's going to stay there for another fortnight. Not aware if you might have noticed it there
Anyways, here's the full thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ferential.html (Merc E280 CDI Problem - Rear differential!)
BTW, when did you get the Fortuner? Your 325 is one tempting car mate!

Mods, i am really sorry for the back-to-back posts. Please merge these posts.

Last edited by GTO : 26th February 2010 at 10:14. Reason: Requested merge
Akki_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 01:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not ignorance speedy. Ive already mentioned about the 997 turbo in a previous post. It was my first choice. Im getting a 996 targa for less than half my budget but dont wanna go in for a prev generation if i can afford the new one and that car is not in the best of condition. I was just saying here how the cayman is falling in terms of my preferences to the boxster or 911(997). Yes they do come with valid warranty but the assurance u get from a new car is definately unmatched

What is Doctorque? On this front i do admit i am ignorant

Turbo you would not get in your budget so they are ruled out unless you fid a 996 turbo. Red targa i presume. I would say shut your eyes and take the boxster. brand new car like you mentioned is unmatched and you know your car inside out.
The Evo X was announced at last years auto show and still no sign from Mitsubishi. The wait would be long and the price i also speculated. You know how companies get greedy right.

Doctorque is a member of our forum and works with Porsche. So any good deal and he would be able to keep you informed.

Akki_5 no did not notice your car there. There are over 150 Mercs there so do n keep a track of the normal cars. Got the fortuner almost a month back i think. The date of the gallery is when i got the car. Many have told me that and one person even offered to buy me a new 325i for this one as he is in love with the combination and does not want to wait..

Last edited by speedy : 3rd December 2009 at 01:15.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 04:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Used 997 Carrera (possibly S if lucky enough to fit the budget). No competition. Sublime cars. I spend most of my days in one, so I know for a fact how good they are. Take it from a fellow drummer, if anything

Last edited by aniguchisan : 3rd December 2009 at 04:23.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 12:40   #21
BHPian

Hello Evil_e46,

In your budget, new Cayman S is a distant. New Cayman S is priced same as the M3. Infact BMW are giving heavy discounts on M3, since it's the year end they wish to sale the older models. Maybe you can get the one which is on display in mumbai or delhi in your budget.

Not even a rupee of discount on any new Porsche. It is my opininon, not to buy the new car from shreyans motors.
I have ordered mine in april last week and i am getting the delivery next week. It's about 7 and half months of wait. Expect a minimum wait of 5 months.

If you are buying a used, you cannot get a turbo, you can get a 997 carrera S in your budget. And that would be pretty good.

Or if you wish new wait for 370Z. And you said you don't want a Z4. No SL55 please. It's very highly priced for the performance it gives IMHO. But everyone is entitled to their opinions, i mean no hurt to any MB owners, sorry.

I see that you are a college going guy so i don't think you'd park your Porsche in the parking lot. Do think on that. You can always PM me. Take care.

Last edited by Dante : 4th December 2009 at 12:41.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 19:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

After reading most of the posts here , I gotta say , if you can get a 997 Turbo , used , for under 70 L , then please take it? I can't think of any one selling a car that was worth 1.5 cr or more in Gen 1 , selling it for half the price.

The M3 is a wonderful car for daily use and a hell of a good car for spirited driving. Take it from me man, the cars that I have driven till date, the M3 is still a very exciting car.

Since you wish to be off the Beemer wagon, seriously consider the 370Z as a fun sports car. The EVO X won't be a comfy car but will be enjoyable.

I have no preferences for Merc's anymore, so won't comment on that. In the Porsche range, with your budget, a new Boxster is possible or a used Cayman.
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Used 997 Carrera (possibly S if lucky enough to fit the budget). No competition. Sublime cars. I spend most of my days in one, so I know for a fact how good they are. Take it from a fellow drummer, if anything
Im on the lookout for a 2nd hand carrera 2s in good condition.. The search is on but im not getting very good results.. In the mean time im doing my paradiddles..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Hello Evil_e46,

In your budget, new Cayman S is a distant. New Cayman S is priced same as the M3. Infact BMW are giving heavy discounts on M3, since it's the year end they wish to sale the older models. Maybe you can get the one which is on display in mumbai or delhi in your budget.

Not even a rupee of discount on any new Porsche. It is my opininon, not to buy the new car from shreyans motors.
I have ordered mine in april last week and i am getting the delivery next week. It's about 7 and half months of wait. Expect a minimum wait of 5 months.

If you are buying a used, you cannot get a turbo, you can get a 997 carrera S in your budget. And that would be pretty good.

Or if you wish new wait for 370Z. And you said you don't want a Z4. No SL55 please. It's very highly priced for the performance it gives IMHO. But everyone is entitled to their opinions, i mean no hurt to any MB owners, sorry.

I see that you are a college going guy so i don't think you'd park your Porsche in the parking lot. Do think on that. You can always PM me. Take care.
I have PMed you. Kindly reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
After reading most of the posts here , I gotta say , if you can get a 997 Turbo , used , for under 70 L , then please take it? I can't think of any one selling a car that was worth 1.5 cr or more in Gen 1 , selling it for half the price.

The M3 is a wonderful car for daily use and a hell of a good car for spirited driving. Take it from me man, the cars that I have driven till date, the M3 is still a very exciting car.

Since you wish to be off the Beemer wagon, seriously consider the 370Z as a fun sports car. The EVO X won't be a comfy car but will be enjoyable.

I have no preferences for Merc's anymore, so won't comment on that. In the Porsche range, with your budget, a new Boxster is possible or a used Cayman.
Ecks.. Im NOT getting a 997 turbo in my budget. The asking price of a black one is 95lakhs while the hazel coloured one is 1.1crores. Thought id let you guys know here.. The owner of the hazel one is very caring of his cars. Never takes them out in the rainy season and has a couple of electronic garages..The type in which your car goes higher than the ground once you park them. No wonder it was in top notch shape. So anyone wants a 997 turbo and has the moolah, this is the one you should go for.
About the M3, a friend of mine has one and I often borrow his car..It is a great car and my dad doesn't mind getting me a new one no matter the price since its pretty underground and not as flashy as a porsche.
I shall wait for the 370Z before booking a new car and see what its about after hearing a lot about it from you guys. Honestly I had no idea it was coming.
evil_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 17:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I shall wait for the 370Z before booking a new car and see what its about after hearing a lot about it from you guys. Honestly I had no idea it was coming.
No one knows for sure if it will. Even if it does , it will still have the 110% duty. Might as well get it imported. I can link you up with my import guy if you ever want to get anything imported. He takes care of all the service jobs of all my cars and you know me, I often know more about the technical aspects of my cars than the service guys, so if I think its safe, then it is (that is, if service and maintenance is your concern).
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 07:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Are you also taking the GT-R into consideration?
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 12:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

any updates evil?

I am sure you must have tested 370Z, howz the hunt going?
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 23:53   #27
BHPian

Dude, whats the final verdict? Do let us know. evil_e46: There is another guy thunderv12 whos looking for a sports coupe. Perhaps you could co ordinate and share your views on the cars you ll are researching/testing in the process of procuring the best. Just my 2 paisa
YSooSeriouss is offline   Reply With Quote