Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 19:38   #1
Newbie
 
Ka-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Used accord 08 vs Merc c200 Kompressor

Hi, i am confused between choosing a car as i would love to won both merc and accord. The confusion arises as i am getting a
2008 accord for about 15L with 26k on the odo -single owner
2008 accord for about 14L with 16k on the odo- second owner
2007 merc 200k for about 12L with 9K on the odo- single owner

All cars are in excellent condition. I would love to go for the merc for its status and driving pleasure. the accord for its looks and its been my dream car for a while now.

Please give me your suggestions in terms of driving pleasure and scope for modifying as i am a 19 yr old and i will also be keeping the car for more than 2 years.

Thanks.
Ka-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 10:46   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,705
Thanked: 89,157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-18 View Post
2007 merc 200k for about 12L with 9K on the odo- single owner
Either your post has a typo, the seller is an idiot or there is something very wrong with the car. An '07 C200K with 9,000 kms will fetch 18 lakhs at the very least in the used market. Plus, Bangalore cars are typically priced higher (new and used).

Please verify the car details once again and update this thread. And if the details are indeed accurate, get the car checked from an authorised Merc station (worth every penny of the 5,000 bucks they charge). Given a clean chit, pick it up with your eyes shut. You could even resell for a profit next year.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2010 at 10:55.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 11:19   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 956
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

I second GTO's advice.
The Merc seems to good to be true, if the odo indeed shows just 9k for model year 2007 and at 12l

I would simply jump in.

Additionally, what I would also like to know is what you want to do with the car: is it for drives by you with maybe just one or two passengers? Then the Merc is the car. On the other hand, if you intend to have more passengers or older passengers who like to be seated in comfort at the rear ( good leg room, shoulder room etc.), then the Accords will be much much better.

Please take the cars shortlisted by you to authorised dealers for a thorough mechanical ( engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, any rust) and electrical checks. Do proper test drives over the roads that you normally would drive. Demand a full service history (fsh) and check closely for omissions.

Then decide. Let your head and heart decide.
Happy driving
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 11:46   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,883
Thanked: 9,702 Times
Default

In addition to what has been said

Accord - plenty of bolt on mods availalble in Malaysia and US
Merc - 200k - not much of an engine to modify beyong a remap - also difficult to corret if something goes wrong or the "dark side' comes out!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 12:10   #5
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 933
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-18 View Post
2008 accord for about 15L with 26k on the odo -single owner
2008 accord for about 14L with 16k on the odo- second owner
2007 merc 200k for about 12L with 9K on the odo- single owner

.
between the two accords its a no brainer unless the 14L one is not as well maintained as the 15L one. But one wonders why the car has been passed on twice with just 16k on the odo. The merc looks highly suspicious. A 200k for 12 Lacs that too with 9k on the odo?? It should easily be close to 20L unless this vehicle has a dubious history.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 12:36   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 447
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

My Vote goes to Merc only if as GTO suggested Merc service center agrees that the car is ok to buy after spending 5K
SamtheLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:04   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

coming from someone who is of a similar age, forget the merc buddy. firstly it looks too good to be true, something must be amiss. secondly the maintenance will cost a bomb and it wont be as reliable as the accord. if you do buy the merc buy it only for the badge since the accord is better in every other aspect.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:12   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,964
Thanked: 4,882 Times
Default

I beg to differ about everyone's suspicions about the merc. A friend's compressor sold last year for 12L as well with 10,000 on the odo. Ever since the new C is launched, the price of the old has crashed.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:38   #9
Newbie
 
Ka-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Either your post has a typo, the seller is an idiot or there is something very wrong with the car. An '07 C200K with 9,000 kms will fetch 18 lakhs at the very least in the used market. Plus, Bangalore cars are typically priced higher (new and used)
No, it is not a typo. It is a seized vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
I second GTO's advice.
The Merc seems to good to be true, if the odo indeed shows just 9k for model year 2007 and at 12l

I would simply jump in.

Additionally, what I would also like to know is what you want to do with the car: is it for drives by you with maybe just one or two passengers? Then the Merc is the car. On the other hand, if you intend to have more passengers or older passengers who like to be seated in comfort at the rear ( good leg room, shoulder room etc.), then the Accords will be much much better.
The car is going to be my personal car and will be driven by me the entire time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
between the two accords its a no brainer unless the 14L one is not as well maintained as the 15L one. But one wonders why the car has been passed on twice with just 16k on the odo. The merc looks highly suspicious. A 200k for 12 Lacs that too with 9k on the odo?? It should easily be close to 20L unless this vehicle has a dubious history.
The 14L car is the well maintained car. It is in showroom condition, it has been transferred twice as the car was bought from the owners nephew. The 15L accord is not as good as the 14L and also needs a tyre change and insurance in the next 4- 5 months.
Ka-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 16:53   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 4,315 Times
Default

@KA-18, If it is siezed - Why was it siezed ? And does the bank have the car now ?any chance of getting the original papers ?

If you are not taking the Merc, let me know : a relative is looking for a car, 12L max.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 17:12   #11
Newbie
 
Ka-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

yes the bank has the papers. I will let you know about the papers as i have not checked if they have the originals. I am deciding on the car by this friday or saturday, so if i dont go for it i will let you know.
Ka-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 19:24   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 4,315 Times
Default

If the bank is offering you a duplicate RC book, then explore the option of negotiating with the defaulter to get the original RC book. You could offer him some money .. may be worth the effort in the long run. 12L is too good a price.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 08:31   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Ka-18 Did you finally buy the merc or went for the V^, how has your experience been so far?
Please update.
sumeet007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 21:50   #14
Newbie
 
Ka-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
Ka-18 Did you finally buy the merc or went for the V^, how has your experience been so far?
Please update.
Hi, sorry about the MerCedes. It was a older model.. So have decided on going for a new accord.. Should be getting it in a weeks time.
Ka-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE for 2003 Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor aalaap In-Car Entertainment 8 3rd November 2013 12:20
Help!- used 318i, C200 AT or Accord 3.0V6? Vajra Luxury, Imports & Niche 76 8th June 2010 18:39
Nissan Bluebird v/s Merc C Class Kompressor zulfikar Street Experiences 35 22nd November 2009 12:46
Merc C200 cdi marque for sale!!!!! danlalan Shifting gears 10 4th December 2006 00:35
Skoda RS or Merc Kompressor (C class)?? raihan Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 10th May 2005 22:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks