Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 8th April 2010, 00:30   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
But in my state, the 320HL retails for some 32 OTR.
Impossible !! Even in mumbai it's ~28.5L OTR IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contangoback View Post
The BMW 320d CE costs 28.53L OTR in Mumbai (Individual registration - Thane is a lac cheaper) + Add the secure for 55k and BSI Ultimate 142k makes it approx 30.5L OTR. The 320d Highline is almost 39-40L OTR.
When I bought, it was 27.53 of course I got a discount on that. I'm assuming you've gone with the 3 year / 60,000 km BSI. Mine's the 5 year / 100,000 km which is ~2.85L. BTW for reasons unknown to me, Navnit's BSI quotes were 15k higher than Infinity's quotes. Ridiculous if they're making a cut even on the BSI.

Highline was 37.06. But with a good ~2.5L discount + 0% and all that. STILL not worth it according to me. The 520d / E250 CDI Classic are too close.

Quote:
2.Team BHP review by FS, Sahil etc were convincing.
I'm glad I could be of help

Quote:
3.and ofcourse, the ads make you all emotional. They are really serious when they talk about JOY.
Rubbish. Wait till you start flooring it

Quote:
I had almost booked the accord and was eyeing the Fortuner - but the snootiness of the salesguy at Lakozy (MUmbai dealer of Toyota) put me off. I found the interiors a tad bit similar to Innova and of-course the manual transmission was a no-no especially in Mumbai.
Funny. I found the sales guy at x Toyota a bit of a snoot too. And maaan I HATE the interiors of the Fortuner. Apart from the fact that it's ugly.

Quote:
I do 60kms daily just home to office and back thrice a week and 2 days (with meetings) its 100 kms per day. Lastly the demand of an upfront INR 1-1.5 lacs just to get in the queue and wait 5-8 months made me just walk out.
Exactly. I was being handled like they were doing me a favour by selling me Fortuner.

Quote:
I must admit that the TD (although with lot of restrictions only on a lonely stretch behind the showroom) was great in terms of driving the truck.
That's exactly what it is.

Quote:
Anyways, i just completed the loan formalities and made the remaining downpayment today. Will hopefully get the delivery in 6-7 days. For all the number obsessed, Andheri opened a new series last week MH-02-BY-****....
Congratulations !! What colour? We want a new thread. Let this one belong to Scorcher. BY ??? Is this regular series or only for special numbers? How does this work? Anyway you can pay around 3-4000 and get a really good number since it's a new series. Try your luck.

Quote:
I am buying this through Navnit and my experience has been extremely nice right from thought to finish.
They're good. They didn't have the colour I wanted, that's all.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 22:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Impossible !! Even in mumbai it's ~28.5L OTR IIRC.
Confirmed with my BMW Kochi.

320d Corporate - 27.5 L
320d High line - 34.5 L(32 which I earlier said was ex-sr. My bad)
320i - 30.0 L

All prices stated are OTR Kerala.

Last edited by Scorcher : 8th April 2010 at 22:40.
Scorcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:58   #33
BHPian

so, scorcher, what are we waiting for? 27.5L + Secure + 3year Ultimate would be another 2L making it 30.5L. Most dealers are giving Secure free for the 1st year or reducing 40-50k from the regular insurance amount. While my delivery is probably next weekend (or another weekday after that, depends once my mom checks the charts), I am going to the warehouse tomorrow for a PDI. My registration is almost through - am keeping fingers crossed to get the 320 number or worst case 3200. Will start a new thread now and keep everybody posted.
contangoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 01:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Confirmed with my BMW Kochi.

320d Corporate - 27.5 L
320d High line - 34.5 L(32 which I earlier said was ex-sr. My bad)
320i - 30.0 L

All prices stated are OTR Kerala.
These prices are without discounts....push your dealer hard.

In Chennai, for eg. the 320d HL is 31 lacs ex-showroom !! ( With scope for further negotiation ).
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 10:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
I'm in search for my new gf. Was in a serious relationship with a Endy2.5 XLT from end side 07, Until I lost her in a recent mishap and I'm left car less. Have some sedans and hatches in home but me being a 6+footer feel claustrophobic in those and prefer a Big car(read SUV). Even before loosing my endy, I've been planning on getting a Fortuner. So now, My primary desire is to get one, but on seeing the skeptical dates of delivery(4-5 months wait) and fear of making it a blocked investment, is keeping me away from placing a order. I'm specific on the color of the Fortuner to be white. That means, even more waiting period as it is the color on highest demand.

After seeing my friends Auto Show in T.v my dad is told me in a playful manner if we should slightly extend the budget and get a Bimmer 3. Initially I too smiled it off, but later i thought "Why Not?". Got a tonne more Character, Brand Value and the pride owning a BMW(Just for the record, I'm the biggest Lambo and Bimmer fan alive). But again the idea of squeezing me into a tight space disturbed me. I have already driven the 3 but it was more a fun drive than to analyze the car on my buying criterias. So I took a td from BMW Kochi, the car literally blew me away(Will explain more on a Drive Report). There I stand more confused !

Had a chat in fb with Jerry(jerish666), I asked him to put and end to the confusion and help me pick a car. He went a step ahead and added more to the already Mixed-Car Jam. He recommended to get a Laura 2L and get it Fully Peted, which too sounded 'Slurp' to me as I have driven the 220hp 1.8L Laura(Pre FL) belonging to Peter himself. And really liked the Idea of a Sleeper Monster. There I stand, even more Confused !!!

So, help me out to end up with a good choice.
Hi there is a Brand new Landcruiser for sale in chennai.It was imported and since the owner didnt have proper papers it was left alone with govt.

if interested PM me
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 18:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi there is a Brand new Landcruiser for sale in chennai.It was imported and since the owner didnt have proper papers it was left alone with govt.

if interested PM me
A brand new Land Cruiser in the 30-35 lac price bracket? Get me one for that price.
akshaymahajan is online now   Reply With Quote