Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 17th May 2010, 02:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.wadhwa View Post
I am very happy to say that I have made my choice and purchased my car. Yet to get delivery though.

The extra Rs. 30 lakhs approx. that I saved will be going to the same fund manager, because of whom I got the chance to grow my money in the first place.

My family is very happy with Team BHP and thanks all the members for making sure we are doing the right thing. As a suggestion, I feel Team BHP should offer professional consultancy and charge for it. I wouldn't have minded paying for what I got here.

Thanks.
Congratulations s.wadhwa, enjoy your ride.

Hey, could you pm your fund manager's contact details to me.

Kindly hold all such suggestions. You never know from which side of the bed the administrators may get up on a given day and then we have had it.

Last edited by khoj : 17th May 2010 at 02:49.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 09:20   #62
BHPian

Write us a good review on your new accord & consider it as pay back to tbhp.
Do post some pics of your new car.
dhirajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 10:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Kindly hold all such suggestions. You never know from which side of the bed the administrators may get up on a given day and then we have had it.
Looking at the banners these days on T-BHP, I think that would be too remote a possibility - imagine having European ads on T-BHP's masthead! Way to go!!!
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:25   #64

Thanks for the congratulations and keeping it in the spirit of the forum, will take back my suggestion on making it paid and will post a review.

I come from a relatively lower middle class background, but what I have learnt is that if by paying a little I can get a much greater benefit, I don't mind paying. Let us say I pay 2% and in returns get 80%, why would I want to avoid paying 2%? In this forum I ended up saving a lot of money and at the same time was able to select a car that suits my needs and gives me peace of mind. I would rather pay this, than make a wrong choice and suffer. We like things that are free, but when we pay we are able to demand/command things in a professional capacity.
s.wadhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:49   #65
BHPian

No offense - you saved a lot of money and were able to buy peace of mind because of the fact that you started thinking rationally once suggestions related to utility started coming in.. Prior to that, it was more of 'have it, spend it' thought process going on within you.

I doubt if the induction of rational thinking process could be quantified by any stretch of imagination/calculation/reasoning etc. etc.

Having said that, there sure are trainers/counselors/authors who make their living out of providing suggestion/advice related to how to make you think on your feet - a capability, which as homo sapiens, we are endowed with by nature itself..

Somehow, I am forced to customise Mastercard ad to this situation:
Vada-paav at road side stall - INR 20 only
Honda Accord - INR 20-odd lakh
Valuable suggestions on T-BHP - priceless
Old 18th May 2010, 14:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
No offense - you saved a lot of money and were able to buy peace of mind because of the fact that you started thinking rationally once suggestions related to utility started coming in.. Prior to that, it was more of 'have it, spend it' thought process going on within you.

I doubt if the induction of rational thinking process could be quantified by any stretch of imagination/calculation/reasoning etc. etc.

Having said that, there sure are trainers/counselors/authors who make their living out of providing suggestion/advice related to how to make you think on your feet - a capability, which as homo sapiens, we are endowed with by nature itself..

Good one, Alok. Better copyright it!
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 14:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

and settled for a Honda Accord.

As a suggestion, I feel Team BHP should offer professional consultancy and charge for it. I wouldn't have minded paying for what I got here.

Thanks.
Congrats on the car, good decision.

Will PM you my account details

Quote:

That's the beauty of this forum - you would get unconditional, unbiased, honest and sensible advice on almost any topic (and just not vehicles - care having a look at 'Shifting Gears' section) under the sun.. Charging for suggestions would beat the very idea of this forum!

Couldn't have put it better.

Quote:

ROFLMAO
sachinj12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 14:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Good one, Alok. Better copyright it!
Thanks Khoj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Will PM you my account details
Old 20th May 2010, 22:53   #69

Good one Alok and Sachin.

In a strange way, way long back as a child I have sold "Samosa Pav" and "Vada Pav". That money was very helpful in me buying the Accord today. Life is strange and funny.
Old 21st May 2010, 09:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Good one Alok and Sachin.

In a strange way, way long back as a child I have sold "Samosa Pav" and "Vada Pav". That money was very helpful in me buying the Accord today. Life is strange and funny.
Wow - that is the stuff the bollywood stories are made of...Life is Indeed Beautyful !
Wishing you luck and many miles in your new accord !
snan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 10:55   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Life is strange and funny.
It indeed is, else how would someone who doesn't know even an iota about you, can pen something which has a remote connection with your past..
All the best and enjoy the well deserved fruits of your labor!

Last edited by AlokSriva : 21st May 2010 at 10:57.
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:45   #72

Default Review of Honda Accord AT

I got my delivery of the Accord VTiL-AT. Or in simpler words my Accord Automatic and will share an initial review. Might do one later also - after driving it for a couple of more kms/months.

I drove it for around half an hour, at first I was a bit hesitant as the Accord is much bigger in dimensions from the City, but surprisingly it didn't feel hard to drive and was pretty smooth and easy. I loved the automatic side mirrors that open and close automatically. Very classy and upmarket. While driving, I got complete peace of mind as nobody was looking or staring at me. I didn't attract any strange attention. Was smiling to myself and thanking Team-BHP for this choice. The acceleration and power is also very good, but also very smooth. The car is very smooth and silent to have under your hands. Taking turns also is easy and U-turns is also just as easy as City.

Interiors are also very classy and much better than City. The features like individual AC temperature control, parking sensors for both front and back and controls even at the back seat are all beautiful. The back seat has a very spacious and luxurious feel to it. The driver seat is fully automatic adjusted and I was told it has some massage feature, which I am yet to try. I am also yet to learn about cruise control, as I drove it only for half an hour within city. I drove it not with the paddle shift, but in usual D mode. Will try paddle shift later, I enjoy the City's paddle shift am sure this will be better.

My family liked the back seat, which also has a small space through which you can put small bags into the boot and the leg space feels like you are sitting in a much more expensive car. I might be wrong, but the car looks bigger in length and space inside than a BMW -3 series or Mercedes C class. On safety part it has six airbags - total curtain, which again I doubt are there in 3 series and C class. So I guess I also got a very value for money deal. Once again thank you Team BHP!

I was told I will get FE of 8-9 km/l - but am not sure if that is possible in Bombay traffic. One thing, I didn't like was that the steering wheel had no controls. City which is much cheaper has steering mounted controls. They should give these. Also there was option of Elegance - which had some wood trim and blue illumination, but I didn't take it as I already was fining interiors up to my liking.

I know I am gushing like a small boy, but then that is how we men are when we get our toys.

Will keep you guys posted more and have a great Sunday!

P.S.: I don't think I am just a Bombay/MUmbai dream, today the entire India is moving ahead and am reminded of the words of Guru bhai (the movie) when he tells the judge that the no inquiry or commission can stop the whole country from moving ahead. The doors which had been closed will open. Just my advice to the youth is that no matter how rich you become, do not forget our Indian values and culture of respect and love.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I got my delivery of the Accord VTiL-AT
Many congratulations mate!! Wishing you miles and miles of pleasurable and of course, hassle free, ownership!

Quote:
Just my advice to the youth is that no matter how rich you become, do not forget our Indian values and culture of respect and love.
Old 1st April 2013, 21:18   #74
BHPian

Default Re: Want Advice To Buy Subtle Car Under Rs. 50 Lakhs. EDIT : Bought Accord

Quote:

Seriously, When i got my car on the basis of the same advise, i got a superb car with the least amount of niggles.There is a lot of help available here and honest advice is always priceless.
t3ofil4us is offline   Reply With Quote