Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 15th October 2010, 13:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default What discount/offer can be had on 525d in BLR?

Sticker price:
4025467 ex
797042 tax
30000 reg charges
214562 insurane + bmw secure
2.5lakhs 5yr service pkg

What discount or free accessories possible?

Help appreciated. In super hurry. Thanks.

Posted using mobile, pls don't mind the typos, etc.
androdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 13:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

@ androdev, Contact Sahil (member id is same), he is the best person to help you out with in this regard.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 14:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
@ androdev, Contact Sahil (member id is same), he is the best person to help you out with in this regard.
Sahil has the older 525d and I dont think he would really keep track of the new car prices and discounts.

Contact Amey, he bought a 525d recently. Im sure you can ask him what his deal was.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 17:07   #4
BHPian

They will give you about 1.2 lacs off on insurance ( if you take it with Secure ) , as I was offered the same here at Chennai.
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 17:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
They will give you about 1.2 lacs off on insurance ( if you take it with Secure ) , as I was offered the same here at Chennai.
Insurance is 1.60lacs approx. How can they offer 75% off on this amount?
And its a new launch, so I guess it will be 50% of the insuance amount and maybe 25000 by way of other freebies etc.
Yes total will not be more than 1.00lacs
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 18:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Insurance is 1.60lacs approx.
What a ridiculously inflated amount !! It has to be Infinity / Navnit's quote, right? Any external quote from an insurer like BA will be atleast 40% less, for sure. Maybe more than 50% less. IMO on an IDV of 45L it should not exceed 70-80k TOPS. Even that sounds ridiculous, actually.

When I bought my car, the insurance quoted was 97k by the dealer (and this was through BA, apparently). Contacted BA directly and their FIRST quote was in the region of 55k.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 15th October 2010 at 18:07.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 19:06   #7
BHPian

why not register it in PY ? Could save you 7 lacs easy and you can get 530 D
spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 19:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Insurance is 1.60lacs approx. How can they offer 75% off on this amount?
And its a new launch, so I guess it will be 50% of the insuance amount and maybe 25000 by way of other freebies etc.
Yes total will not be more than 1.00lacs
Sorry, my quote was for the 530d

Insurance - 1.77 lacs
Secure - 0.58 lacs

Discount offered on above if taken together: 1.19 lacs.
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 19:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to get a competitive quote directly from Bajaj Alliance on the insurance without compromising the 100% coverage or ease of claim. Rs 2.14 Lakhs seems very high.

Assuming that the BMW service pkg only takes care of consumables and service costs, who pays for failed parts post 2-yr warranty? Even a combination of "secure insurance" and "service package" doesn't offer the equivalent of extended warranty?

Compared to this Audi offers 2+2 yrs of warranty and secure-insurance. This seems to be more useful than BMW's free-service and 2 yr warranty. If some expensive part fails after 2 yrs warranty, I will have to foot a huge bill in case of BMW which will not be the case for Audi. Is my understanding correct?

With 2+2 yr warranty + secure-insurance, Audi seems to be a cheaper to own option than BMW. Any thoughts?

I don't mind paying for oil, filter, labour and the usual stuff. What I don't want to be paying is for sensor/control-module/electric-things after 2yr warranty - because these things really cost!

Btw, we are trying to decide between A4 and 525d. A4 looks soo good, unable to get it off the list!
Old 16th October 2010, 10:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Is it possible to get a competitive quote directly from Bajaj Alliance on the insurance without compromising the 100% coverage or ease of claim. Rs 2.14 Lakhs seems very high.

Assuming that the BMW service pkg only takes care of consumables and service costs, who pays for failed parts post 2-yr warranty? Even a combination of "secure insurance" and "service package" doesn't offer the equivalent of extended warranty?

Compared to this Audi offers 2+2 yrs of warranty and secure-insurance. This seems to be more useful than BMW's free-service and 2 yr warranty. If some expensive part fails after 2 yrs warranty, I will have to foot a huge bill in case of BMW which will not be the case for Audi. Is my understanding correct?

With 2+2 yr warranty + secure-insurance, Audi seems to be a cheaper to own option than BMW. Any thoughts?

I don't mind paying for oil, filter, labour and the usual stuff. What I don't want to be paying is for sensor/control-module/electric-things after 2yr warranty - because these things really cost!

Btw, we are trying to decide between A4 and 525d. A4 looks soo good, unable to get it off the list!
Thats PURE arm chair commenting. Pardon me for the choice of words but but Andro, you have got all your facts wrong regarding BSI. I have been a user of BSIR into the 4th year of ownership. You may ask me therefore.

BSI will cover all the cost of servicing, lubes oils, filters, Brake Pads, Brake Discs from day 1 AND when your warranty expires, it will provide the Extended Warranty benefit. So, that implies nearly 100% cover. All that it does not pay for my car is fuel, tyres, insurance & the 500 Rs/month my daily car washing boy cost.

Moreover, I got the cover extended on my car to 6 years now. Tell me a manufacturer covering your car with such a commitment for that long! 2+2 sounds measly in comparison.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 11:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Dear friend, I was just asking questions. Please read it again, I was certainly not making expert comments. No one mentioned that BSI includes extended warranty during the sales talk. Your explanation cleared up the confusion, thanks!

If only those Audi designers hadn't done a such an awesome job on A4!!! And thanks to the Merc for an awful design of E-class and lack of maintenance package, making the elimination easy.

Back to the topic. Any tips on working out a deal on insurance, BSI, etc. will of lot of help. Thanks.
Old 16th October 2010, 17:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Dear friend, I was just asking questions. Please read it again, I was certainly not making expert comments. No one mentioned that BSI includes extended warranty during the sales talk. Your explanation cleared up the confusion, thanks!

If only those Audi designers hadn't done a such an awesome job on A4!!! And thanks to the Merc for an awful design of E-class and lack of maintenance package, making the elimination easy.

Back to the topic. Any tips on working out a deal on insurance, BSI, etc. will of lot of help. Thanks.
I am also in a similar dilemma; trying to choose between the A4 and the 3 Series and you are right about the A4 - just can't seem to scratch it off my list because of its looks!

For the insurance, try getting quotes directly from the insurance companies. I have already managed to receive quotes that only amount to half of what the dealer is asking.

I had spoken to a Mr. Suresh from BMW BLR and he informed me that the rates for secure have been bought down, so check that out as well.

All the best.
__c_y_p_h_e_r__ is offline   Reply With Quote