Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 17th November 2010, 22:07   #16
Team-BHP Support

I somehow thik the EVO is too temperamental for Agra traffic!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 02:30   #17
BHPian

Can you tell me why you haven't included the Porsche Boxster S or the Cayman S. Both cars are head turners and fine to live with everyday.

I think the EVO X is just all about power and nothing else. At 53L you need more than that. The Nissan is a pretty good option too but the A S S is questionable. The Z3 needs little more support here.
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 03:46   #18
BHPian

EVO looks so stunning...The Z4 may be more elegant and the 370z more sporty looking..But EVO is in a league of its own,like you said earlier..

Every single thing is beefed up and modified to give you the oomph you are after..It's cheap(relatively!),better handler than the other two..Looks exclusive(for a sedan)...No idea about the A.S.S of Mitsubishi,so won't comment..But this is the car you should be picking up from this lot..Of the three,the Z4 is for the poser.The Nissan for the drifter/hooligan and the EVO is for the purist,period!

As you mention that you are looking forward to track days at Delhi GP,What betters an EVO there??..Just Go and get it..Paste some cool pics once you get the machine here and enjoy the ride..

If these aren't good enough reasons to convince you,think it in a VFM way..It offers three more seats!...Yes,mileage is equally poor if you rip it hard.But then again,the money you saved for not buying the Z4 is nearly 10 lacs.Put it in the tank of the Evo simply..No worries.:(
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 21:31   #19
BHPian

OK guys !!! I thought a lot about it and my dad wont agree with the EVO X at all and I dont want the Z4

So for the time being no car !!

But again it was good to hear the suggestions from everyone !!

Will stick to the 500 for a little while more and maybe go for a cooper S next year when it comes out
omaragra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:34   #20
BHPian

Default Re: Evo X Vs. 370Z vs. Z4

Just for the sake of knowledge/argument, I would like people to keep giving their views and keep this thread a bit active !! (I hope this fine !!)

I really badly want a fast car but again my dad is more of a more money the bigger the car should be type lol !!!

He kind of agreed at a point for the Z4 but in my opinion its not a proper proper sports car but a really good fast car with a really nice fancy look.

On the other hand I really like the 370Z, in the end its a mini GTR !!!

The EVO I would buy it any day but again I get the point its crazy expensive in this part of the world !!! And with the bad attitude of Mitsubishi I should not look at it but even if they had a decent A.S.S. I would had gone to someone like Arush from Auto-psyche.

The Nissan I am sure wont be too bad for A.S.S. and again like I said I am sure guys like Arush can help me out !!!

BMW of course excellent service even though the sales reps think they are the baap of the costumers !!!

I also looked in the Porsche stable but its getting too expensive the cheapest is the Boxster S for 66L ex showrrom, they dont have the normal one even though its there on their site !! Also the Cayman is not there only the Cayman S.

I am hoping that the good lady at the Nissan Delhi showroom will be able to get me a test drive !!

Finally I dont mind the double-clutch auto gear boxes (EVO's is excellent as everyone can read in the awesome review here) I have tried it myself in the UK but it was a brief encounter !!

But I would love to have that syn-rev manual on the 370Z. People have been seeing only the red colour which in my opinion makes the car look insanely ugly !! The Blade silver (dark silver, similar to the ones on new Mercedes and even Honda Accord)is the best in my opinion !! Nissan India has a car up for sale in manual but its a Brilliant Silver (lighter than blade silver), other wise if I order one, the wait is 3 months.

I still have a hope if I manage to talk to my dad into it !!! We haven't talked about it but he knows I want a fast car but he wont bring up the topic !!! Both of us are a bit arrogant on this topic one can say !! haha

Enough of my long post, actually I want to share my feelings with people here regarding this matter as people around me think I am just crazy to get a new car !!! Seriously this affecting me everyday, I dream about it, its on my mind 24x7, I get irritated whenever I sit in my nice little 500. I like it but its so slow !!! And after driving fast cars in UK and going to for track-days I cant live with a slow car. Of course people say where u will drive it, its not always about driving like a mad man but its about that nice exhaust sound that overall nice feeling and those short speed burst to over take the slow cars and then behaving again !! I hope you guys get my point !!

So guys lets talk even if I don't get one soon but still we can share some opinions and you never know in a few weeks time I might have some good news

Last edited by omaragra : 2nd February 2011 at 22:49.
Old 3rd February 2011, 01:56   #21
BANNED

If I were in your position, it would have been the Z4. Firstly it is a FANTASTIC car to drive. (I know firsthand) and secondly, and more importantly, when you just want to cruise, you can put the roof down and enjoy it!! Think about it!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 02:09   #22
BHPian

Hmmm... Mostly will be limited city driving !!! And taking the roof down, don't know why but I think is a bad idea in my town !! haha

BTW I really like the yellow colour of the 370Z
Attached Thumbnails
Evo X Vs. 370Z vs. Z4-3069792525_6ef3277f5b_b.jpg  

Evo X Vs. 370Z vs. Z4-3070632212_f04e30ee50_b.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2011, 02:26   #23
BANNED

YEs, but in the end, it is still just a Nissan. And it certainly isnt the GT-Rs younger brother. It just isnt. The difference is immense. Id still have a Z4. In Red to boot. And yes, I know why taking the roof down isnt such a good idea in your city. BTW, how is the little Fiat doing these days?
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 02:46   #24
BHPian

Haha !!! The little Fiat is good but unfortunately I have been treating it a bit rough for the past few weeks, I imagine I am in a 370z or EVO and I go crazy with it I drive it in low gears !!! lol !!! 75 BHP is not enough, I drove the Abarth at Silverstone for 5 hrs it was awesome like a go Kart !!!

Again man Z4 of course nice car !!!! But I want manual !!! Nissan isn't so bad, at least the 370Z is made in my fav country !!! Japan, went there last year wooohhh so nice !!! I have so many Jap frnds and they used to tell me about Japan and when finally I was there I just fell in love with it !!!!

But what do you think of the yellow ?

Last edited by omaragra : 3rd February 2011 at 02:52.