Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 22nd December 2010, 11:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Automatic around 20L - Diesel AT? EDIT : It's a Superb. Further EDIT : It's a Sonata!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The Superb 1.8TSi is the best option by far. Whether it's performance or features, it wins hands down. I have no problems on reliability. Skoda has had issues in India but from things seemed to be back in shape now. The car feels solid and I don't reckon it should give problems in long run as well.
Since the car is going to be mainly chaffured most often you could get the manual version too and save a few lakhs.
+1.

Check Skoda dealer's reputation and workshop reliability where you will be in India. If it is good, then there are no problems. The MT 1.8 petrol is a real VFM.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 21:49   #17

Default re: Automatic around 20L - Diesel AT? EDIT : It's a Superb. Further EDIT : It's a Sonata!

Hi every one, finally its over. I have made a decision and my parents have helped me book the car today.

The dealer's rep visited our home today and collected an advance.

Yes. It is a Platin Grey Metallic - Superb 1.8 TSI AT.

Delivery is in about a month's time and I am being assured that the car would be coming with 2011 specs (ie including bluetooth)

It was quite a difficult period arriving at a decision and thanks to every one of your suggestions and those umpteen number of informative threads in the forum.

I must say GTO nearly got me to buying an accord .

I checked with many skoda users in my town about the dealer in trivandrum and received very satisfied responses. I had an option between buying from Madurai or Trivandrum. When we approached both, the Trv Dealer came with most appropriate approach in answering all my concerns - good salesmanship i guess - With this and the feedback from skoda users I went with the Trivandrum dealer.

I hope to be in India in time to take delivery! will be in touch with updates

Thanks again

Happy new year to all of you.

Cheers
Harishwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 15:28   #18

hmmm..

No Platin grey metallic in India! So Had to settle for Rosso Brunello.

Cheers
Old 30th January 2011, 09:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Harishwar. Rosso Brunello is the deep maroon shade right? It's a stunner!

I had gone to Europa Skodato check out the Laura and ended up mesmerised by the awesomeness of the Superb instead! It is definitely on the wishlist. Wish you many happy miles and do post an ownership thread.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 15:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Superb. The car will serve a long time and it will only make you smile each day driving or just sitting in the rear seat.

This is the only car where seating preference cannot be an easy thing

Please follow up with the dealer on the Vin number and if possible accompany the dealer/salesman when you pick the car of your choice if its possible.

Ensure they give the mats, safety kit(this was missing in my newly delivered Jetta. Shame on ABRA motors Chennai), tool kit and if possible avoid the 3M film that the dealer gives. Also check about insurance you require before going for registration. Personally go for the drive assure in case of Bajaj Allianze or the 0% depreciation coverage the dealers Insurance gives. This has already saved some dent from Sam's pocket.

Good luck and have fun
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 14:35   #21

Default Re: Automatic around 20 L - Diesel AT - Another TWIST!!!

Hi Everyone - Thanks for the wishes. But am sorry to disappoint!

It was quite a nightmare experience post my booking with The dealer in Trivandrum.

More that a month after the booking, there was no confirmation from the dealer on the delivery date. But was very keen on getting further payments from us.

I spoke to them from Lagos and asked them about the billing details and the VIN number and estimated shipment date, I was rudely spoken to saying that if required they were willing to refund the advance payment made to them!

I travelled back to India on 28th Jan for my vacation / knee surgery for a correction to a cruciate ligament injury. As soon as I landed in Trivandrum on 28th, along with my family we visited the Skoda dealer. The salesman was a very likeable guy but his superior was not!

He was trying to give all sorts of excuses and was not even apologetic to the way he had responded to me on the phone.

I told him that i was not just buying a car but buying a long term dream.

Then he gave me a commitment that the billing would definetely be done by 4th february and he will lift the car on 5th. he assured that the delivery will be done by 15th february. I gave the time till 9th and gave them a call to find out on the status of the billing and vehicle shipment from the plant. To my utter dismay, the response was that the billing was not even done and may take another 3-4 days.

I Lost all my patience and respect for the dealer and just told them that i was no longer interested in purchasing the Superb.I sent a cancellation email to the dealer of my Purchase order.

The same day ( I visited the Hyundai Showroom with my mother and booked a Sonata transform Crdi AT- Black Diamond - this was my second choce of purchase after the superb. The dealer immediately called regional Manager Hyundai and confirmed the availability of the colour. This was on the 9th feb.

On 10th evening, the dealer confirmed the billing of the car and by that night it was on transit. That same day I received a call from Skoda Bangalore asking about the cancellation. I explained to them of rude bahaviour and my frustrations and hence the cancellation. They apologised and I ended the conversation there.

On saturday the car arrived at the dealer's premisis and Monday morning after pre delivery inspection, the dealer drove the car to my house for Inspection, I went for a test drive and was quite satisfied with the car though it could never match the creature comforts of the Superb, I had one thing in plenty - Peace of Mind.

Yes this Sonata though an outgoing model in 2011, comes with 4 year /80K warranty. And as premium customer to Hyundai, they assure us of highest quality of service.

Anyways, all my family are quite happy how things turned out despite my dissappointing experience with Skoda. We are grateful that this unsavoury experience with skoda was pre purchase - NOT POST PURCHASE.

Man Proposes God Disposes! Learnt by experience.

Registration is tomorrow and I am hopeful I shall post a review of the car with pictures ASAP

Cheers, Harish
Old 20th February 2011, 16:21   #22
BHPian

Funny, these days whenever I get to read something about booking a Skoda or owning one, I always bet myself to see in one of the later posts from the owner to talk something very negative about the dealers. And I was right all the time. It's sad Skoda's are such amazing cars but they can only deliver a below pathetic level of dealership/service to the owners. Skoda is lucky there are still in business in India.

Harishwar, no fret dude. Hyundai won't be as bad. And the Sonata is a underrated car by all means. Can't think of any other better diesel automatic. What is the OTR price? Any idea when is the new Sonata coming?

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 20th February 2011 at 16:24.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 16:35   #23

Thanks.

OTR is 20.13 lakhs incl of 15K discount.

Cheers
Old 21st February 2011, 18:26   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Automatic around 20L - Diesel AT? EDIT : It's a Superb. Further EDIT : It's a Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harishwar View Post
It was quite a nightmare experience post my booking with The dealer in Trivandrum.
Congratulations! Except for the lazier gearbox, you'll be very happy with the Sonata. It's a fantastic long-distance cruiser. And your family will love the rear sofa....sorry, seat.

Why am I not surprised about things going sour with Skoda's dealership?

Look forward to your ownership report. Drive safe, will ya!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 18:35   #25
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Automatic around 20L - Diesel AT? EDIT : It's a Superb. Further EDIT : It's a Son

Congratulations. Again

You know what: nobody deserves to get treated the way you did, especially someone whose shelling out 20 big ones and more. So you did the absolutely right thing by taking your business elsewhere.

Skoda just lost another customer and your namesake (harishv) must be smiling in satisfaction! It's amazing these guys don't wise up after everything thats happened.

Dude, it really doesn't matter that the car is due for refresh, blah blah. If you are comfortable in it and enjoy driving it and have a trouble-free ownership experience it really doesn't matter! You have got off on the right foot with Hyundai. I was their customer for 7 years ad trust me, they didn't disappoint! Wish you the same.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 20:32   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Great! Love the Sonata. If they had priced it a bit more cheaper, I guess it would have sold more.

From which dealer did you buy it?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 04:30   #27

@jkdas: Yes you are right a 100 - 150 K lesser will have made a big impact. I bought it at Derek Hyundai at Nagercoil.
@Noopster, @GTO thanks for the comments, I am planning over the week end for a long drive with family, so soon will have a lot to write about. Already the family is quite excited about the new arrival,

Cheers. Harish