Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 20th February 2011, 11:11   #61
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 5 Series or Merc E Class

Hi PY1963

Congratulations on your choice.What colour have you chosen, if I may ask? Most practical car(model) on the road from BMW, as an Indian, for me. The 520 D is sold in the UK and is one of the largest selling models there.
I am also looking at the 520D. I'd like to know the on road price and discount you got , also from which dealer in the NCR. You may pm me.

Thanks & regards

Last edited by amit mohan : 20th February 2011 at 11:17. Reason: avoid controversy
amit mohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:51   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit mohan View Post
Hi PY1963

Congratulations on your choice.What colour have you chosen, if I may ask? Most practical car(model) on the road from BMW, as an Indian, for me. The 520 D is sold in the UK and is one of the largest selling models there.
I am also looking at the 520D. I'd like to know the on road price and discount you got , also from which dealer in the NCR. You may pm me.

Thanks & regards
Hi Amit,

I am going for Imperial Blue colour with Oyster/Oyster Dark interiors. I negotiated with dealer on Mathura Road Delhi for 1.5 lac discount. It will cost me 39.65 Lacs on road with Noida registration (including Secure insurance).

Thanks
PY1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:20   #63

Hi all,

with reference to today's article in Hindustan times, I started new thred "Imported European Car prices to come down".

In light of this development, does it makes sense to hold purchase for two months & take benefit of much lower price ?

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:59   #64
Team-BHP Support

Hi PY1963, I suggest you to seriously consider the maintenance packs offered by BMW.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:25   #65
BHPian

@PY...520d is a great choice..the car looks great (previous one has slightly better, tigher handling) but this one looks much more sophisticated.
Try to get the BMW service package or you will be shelling out 25k for services
krish69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 15:06   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Hi PY1963, I suggest you to seriously consider the maintenance packs offered by BMW.
Dear Anshuman,
I plan to go ahead with Secure Insurance which will cover 100% maintenance towards any accident or theft. Car as such has 2 years warantee. I plan to consider additional maintenance package after that considering what all are the actual expenses in first two years. Are you recommending something different ?
Thanks
Old 24th February 2011, 15:08   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
@PY...520d is a great choice..the car looks great (previous one has slightly better, tigher handling) but this one looks much more sophisticated.
Try to get the BMW service package or you will be shelling out 25k for services
Dear Krish 69,

Could you pl elaborate what is service package you have in mind ?
Thanks for reply.
Old 24th February 2011, 17:58   #68
BHPian

Hi PY1963,

Thanx for the reply.

You should wait till April or maybe some more as prices could seriously come down, only my opinion though, you should enquire n make an informed choice. I for one have postponed my purchase although I was just about to plonk for the same.

Are u going for the 2010 manufacture or the 2011 ? Is it Deutsche Motoren?

There is a maintenance package for a particular amt. of kms within a certain period of time. It costs are seperate from bmw secure n you have to buy it now or latest before your first service. I'd buy it with the car purchase i.e. now. It takes care of all your service charges for those many kms or time period whichever is earlier. Also if you would drive the car for more than 20k kms per year it makes more sense.

Best regards
Old 25th February 2011, 10:01   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit mohan View Post
Hi PY1963,

Thanx for the reply.

You should wait till April or maybe some more as prices could seriously come down, only my opinion though, you should enquire n make an informed choice. I for one have postponed my purchase although I was just about to plonk for the same.

Are u going for the 2010 manufacture or the 2011 ? Is it Deutsche Motoren?

There is a maintenance package for a particular amt. of kms within a certain period of time. It costs are seperate from bmw secure n you have to buy it now or latest before your first service. I'd buy it with the car purchase i.e. now. It takes care of all your service charges for those many kms or time period whichever is earlier. Also if you would drive the car for more than 20k kms per year it makes more sense.

Best regards
Dear Amit,

Thanks for all valuable advise. Infact I was about to purchase the car this week & then I saw news item about India signing FTA with Europe in April & then likely steep drop in duties. I am also now seriously considering holding the decision till April or May.
Regarding the service package, I will enquire. Yes it is Deutsche Motoren. The discount I negotiated was for 2010 model.
What discount you negotiated & with whom ?

Regards
Old 25th February 2011, 11:25   #70
BHPian

@PY..Car service package can be negotiated with the dealer for a fixed number of serrvices at particular KMS for the first 2 years or so...
krish69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 14:49   #71
BHPian

Dear PY1963,

The disc. is ok even bird auto ggn offering the same.

Maintenance packages are available for 3yrs n 5yrs for certain kms. you may enquire from dealership though the amt of car driven per year has to be kept in mind.

regards

Last edited by amit mohan : 25th February 2011 at 14:51.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:06   #72

Dear Friends,

Pl see today's Times of India business news section. It says that in fine prints of budget, the definition of CKD has been changes. Even preassembled engines/gear box etc will now attract custom duty @60% instead of 10% earlier which will lead to price increase of about 8 lacs for BMW 3 & 5 series, Merc C & E class & Audi 4 & 6. If so, I think it makes sense to buy the car immdly instead of waiting till April for Europe FTA to be signed. What you say ?

Thanks
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PY1963 View Post
Dear Friends,

Pl see today's Times of India business news section. It says that in fine prints of budget, the definition of CKD has been changes. Even preassembled engines/gear box etc will now attract custom duty @60% instead of 10% earlier which will lead to price increase of about 8 lacs for BMW 3 & 5 series, Merc C & E class & Audi 4 & 6. If so, I think it makes sense to buy the car immdly instead of waiting till April for Europe FTA to be signed. What you say ?

Thanks

Typical. An article in the newspapers about a week ago raised everyone's hopes (not that many fell for it) by quoting a probable slash in import duties upto 36% or so on CBUs hence resulting in a substantial drop in the OTR prices of the luxo-badges & contrary to that we now have this- buy it as soon as possible or end up paying a premium. Not surprised at all.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

Aaahem, I raise my hand and say, sorry. I am throughly confused.

Can someone please explain in simple terms. Should we buy it now or wait? X1 20d being considered (anyways the delivery is delayed).

Thanks!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 00:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Aaahem, I raise my hand and say, sorry. I am throughly confused.

Can someone please explain in simple terms. Should we buy it now or wait? X1 20d being considered (anyways the delivery is delayed).

Thanks!
I have not been able to scroll through today's newspapers but as PY said, if its in the headlines and if preassembled engines are really to attract 60% duty, it only means these luxo badges will be all the more obscenely priced. Why not go for it ? the X1 is anyways as VFM as this segment gets, its a good car and it anyways has a huge waiting period so if you book it even tomorrow, chances are you wont get it before mid April.
Good luck with your decision
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote