Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 29th May 2011, 18:14   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63
It is advise-able to remain well within 3% variation of the stock tyre size.
Exactly, it's not recommended to upsize or downsize the diameter by over 3 %. I some where read it also leads to brakes fade.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 21:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
@ Ricky-63 - well since this car has had major upgrade on the suspension and the brakes, would this still be an issue, in other words do we still need to stay within the 3% limit
Any thoughts.

The more powerful the car, the more one needs to stick to safety limits IMHO. My Swift has almost the same suspension, though my brakes are due for an upgrade, that does not qualify me to run ill-sized tyres

YES we should stick as close as possible to factory spec Overall diameter as possible, that is the right thing to do, whether it is 15" /16"/ 17" rims or whatever

Cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 22:30   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63

The more powerful the car, the more one needs to stick to safety limits IMHO. My Swift has almost the same suspension, though my brakes are due for an upgrade, that does not qualify me to run ill-sized tyres

YES we should stick as close as possible to factory spec Overall diameter as possible, that is the right thing to do, whether it is 15" /16"/ 17" rims or whatever

Cheers
Thanks mate appreciate the answer. I was always curious what could be the upside to a tyre upgrade after an exotic suspension job.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 11:50   #169
Senior - BHPian

I have yokohama advans on my vectra ..a nd honestly these are the worst tyres i have ever used ... braking is bad , handeling in wet is bad , handeling in dry is bad , rubber got hard within 6 months etc etc !!

To be honest Goodyear F1 ( my previous tyres ) performed much much better even with less width .

We wanted to go for Pilot perceda 2 for anmol's cedia but as i said there is no tyres avialable in market ( even in delhi ) .

BF goodrich was the second best option after PP2 so we went for that and friends are using these tyres on their cars and are extremely happy & as per telephonic discussion with anmol there is no wheel spin on his car , do i need to say anything else ??

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 30th May 2011 at 11:53.
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 17:39   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hello all. Anmol this side with apologies for not replying about the status of the car in time but to cut everything short, the BEAST has arrived!

The car got delivered on 26th May, evening at 5:00 pm. I had been waiting very very very anxiously since the morning. All i could do was smile when I saw the truck in which it was loaded.

There was no ramp to unload the car hence a desi "jugaad" was used. It took me a hell lot of time to get used to the clutch (the car stopped 5 times when I reversed it from the truck) of the car because this racing clutch is very different from the conventional clutches we get in normal cars.

The drive so far has been just awesome. I have faced a few issues which I will talk about later in this post. It is more like a daily drive car. Totally stock from outside and quite stock from the inside. People dont come to know that anything has been done till they dont feel the power of the car. It drives really really smooth. The exhaust is perfect for my taste, not too loud to attract attention and neither too soft.

On normal driving, one doesn't feel that there has been any modification at all. It sounds normal, turns normal, drives normal.

There has been some minor rattling inside the car. I still have to figure what is it.
Some minor parts were left unbolted in the car. Like the cloth that covers the boot from the inside was not locked and a small cover under the bumper. The gear shift is a little problematic and at times gets stuck while shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

It is an amazing build to say the least. Handles really well. The hardest i cornered was a roundabout at 110 km/h... twice, which is quite impressive. Im running on full hard suspension right now.

About the tyres part, I am satisfied with them. The reason I went in for these was because there were no ADVAN NEOVA'S, NO PP2'S, NO ADVAN SPORTS. Nothing was available in Chandigarh and trust me I looked through out the city.

The car gave me an average of 4 in the last refill. And i can't comment if its bad or not.

Overall, all i can say is that i am in love with it. Nothing better could have happened.
Attached Thumbnails
RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1439.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1440.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1442.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1443.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1444.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1445.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1446.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1450.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1451.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1452.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1453.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1454.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1459.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1460.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1461.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1462.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1464.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1465.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1468.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img_1471.jpg  

chiragh_bir is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 18:00   #171
Senior - BHPian

This thread is of no use without a few videos which captures the sound and momentum from within the car as in dashboard view and a few from out side!!!!
:(

Wonderful car, congratulations...looks lovely and Im sure it runs that way too
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 18:32   #172
BHPian

Chirac and anmol - thank you very much for the updates, pics look fab. Enjoy the ride to fullest. All the best.
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 20:06   #173
BHPian

Such a clean and neat engine bay. Looks like a factory fitted turbo. Red rooster rules when it comes to professionalism . Congratulations Anmol.
needforspeed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 20:39   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Anmol

Such a long driveway ? which sector do you live man ..

Can you Tag your Pictures - for guys like me who have little knowledge about these things & if possible the breakup of your costs for all these parts with functionality & maybe later on your comments on performance of individual parts & suggestion for rest of dreamers...

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th May 2011 at 20:42.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 20:54   #175
Senior - BHPian

Nice.
Need to check this out in person.
Where are you going to get the regular services done from?
Mitsubishi A.S.S guys are going to freak out after seeing what is under the hood
We need some video's anmol.
Also i see a gypsy in the back ground,is it yours?
from the pics it looks like it has a Roll cage.
Rally Prepped?

Last edited by akshay4587 : 30th May 2011 at 20:55.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 21:36   #176
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the car Anmol. Thanks for the snaps and reviews. This is precision stuff.

I think you could have done a bit more with the tyres, dont know 205/50 R15 will be sufficient for this beast or not. Do update on this after you clock some good kms. The engine bay looks very neat and clean as it should be and it speaks for the professionalism from RRP. The defi gauges though expensive, changes the complete theme .

In between, the car begs for smoked head lamps and touch screen double din.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
I am satisfied with them. The reason I went in for these was because there were no ADVAN NEOVA'S, NO PP2'S, NO ADVAN SPORTS. Nothing was available in Chandigarh and trust me I looked through out the city.
I am bit surprised, knowing chandigarh and people there, it is a main market for such tyres. I mean where in India do you see atleast 6-7 out of 10 cars to have alloys/most upsized and bigger tyres.

Quote:
The car gave me an average of 4 in the last refill. And i can't comment if its bad or not.
4 must have been FUN, I sometimes get 6 from stock car on S-Sport mode...lolzzz

Lastly, i personally dont like stickers on a car but the RRP one looks surprisingly good.

EDIT: do you have that black support on which the licence plate is fixed on stock car. It can installed on the left in an EVO similar manner.

Name:  evo.jpg
Views: 2879
Size:  65.2 KB

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th May 2011 at 21:46.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 21:55   #177
BHPian

What a Beast it truely would be to drive can imagine the smile on Anmols face simply awsome.

+1 to gavravs say
your begs for smoked out headlight from previous gen cedia and also a nice Touchscreen interface HU and also i might add Some tints.

One advice
install a wire mesh protection in the lower slats of the bumper beside the foglight spacing just to ensure protection from small stones and muck from the road on the intercooler.
Oh and that Garrett Intercooler looks yumm

One question
Was there any specific reason you opted for defi tacho gauge stock gauge was not good?
And any specific reason to go for the rally style hood locking clips ? what the fibre glass type of material seen on the radiator upper hose ?

Last edited by jatinpatel : 30th May 2011 at 21:58.
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 00:02   #178
Senior - BHPian

I saw the autometer gauges, only mechanical were available and trust me they were soo small I didnt like them. And once you look at Defi's you really cant go in for anything else..

And yes Akshay, it is a rally prepp gypsy.

Ill upload all the videos that you can imagine tomorrow. Car at idle, 0-100, 1/4th mile. How it sounds, the blowoff valve. It will all be there
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 09:22   #179
Team-BHP Support

Excellent fit and finish. Very professionally done. Keep posting updates on the car so everyone gets a hint on how the car fares on the reliability front.

Enjoy and drive safe.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 10:54   #180
BHPian

an average of 4???
isnt that a little low? you are running at 7 psi right??
Prashanth in our last conversation told me that there wont be any average drop what so ever infact there was an increase by 1 in his swift. but then again hes running stock internals with no headwork.
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote