Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th May 2011, 08:15   #106
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia

Nice build, however if I were you I would have done this to a used car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Whats that red car in the next bay ?
Triumph Spitfire I reckon.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 13:20   #107
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you but there were a few problems arranging for a used Cedia in chandigarh. There wasn't any, and the ones that were there were either too expensive(better to buy a new one) or in a very bad condition.

Here are some pics from the build
Attached Thumbnails
RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-sdc12195.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-sdc12196.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-sdc12198-1024x768.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-sdc12199-1024x768.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-sdc12202-1024x768.jpg  

chiragh_bir is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 13:55   #108
Senior - BHPian

Woah Chiragh and Anmol, what are you upto guys? 200+ BHP Cedia is going to be one hell of a go-cart! I can only imagine the evil grin on Anmol's face driving a RRP souped up road legel rally car!!

Glued to the thread and waiting for 0-100 timings and other details from the test drive! Keep posting, friends!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 14:11   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355
Woah Chiragh and Anmol, what are you upto guys? 200+ BHP Cedia is going to be one hell of a go-cart! I can only imagine the evil grin on Anmol's face driving a RRP souped up road legel rally car!!

Glued to the thread and waiting for 0-100 timings and other details from the test drive! Keep posting, friends!
Interesting point, with such extensive modifications will this still be legal. I thought all modifications are illegal. Please advise.
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 15:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
waiting for 0-100 timings
If its around 220 bhp, my guess, it will do 0-100 in under 7.5 seconds. A 280 one from RRP did it in 6.5 seconds. Dont know how they figure it out. But the 280 one before mods did it in some 12 seconds (auto car figures are 10.2secs). Read this in an article in Car India last year.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 18:10   #111
BHPian

I have been following on this from past few days and I just like to tell one thing, this car would be the best street legal turbo car from the hands of most experience people in the tuning industry. The only concern I had was why new car? When you had a budget of 50 L there was lot more options for the same amount what you are spending now. But anyways itís your personal call and your family decision. I have taken a drive in RRP turbo charged Swift, Civic and Cedia and trust me they are the best and work is very clean and they stand by their cars if there is any issue than trying to do a blame game and Leela Sir supervising the build what else you need?

Mr. Sangeeth was supposed to update me with BMC air filters for Swift DDi , please tell him I am still waiting for it
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 18:17   #112
BHPian

Cedia is in the final stages now.
The owner has gone to RRP to oversee the work done in last 2 days.

I am sure Chirag would update the thread when he gets the pictures and more details.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 00:50   #113
BHPian

Anmol and Chiragh ! Waiting for you guys to come back to C-town ! Can't wait to see that cedia !

Guaranteed it'd be far better than the cars you had in mind Rattan !
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 09:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been following on this from past few days and I just like to tell one thing, this car would be the best street legal turbo car from the hands of most experience people in the tuning industry. The only concern I had was why new car? When you had a budget of 50 L there was lot more options for the same amount what you are spending now. But anyways itís your personal call and your family decision. I have taken a drive in RRP turbo charged Swift, Civic and Cedia and trust me they are the best and work is very clean and they stand by their cars if there is any issue than trying to do a blame game and Leela Sir supervising thebuild what else you need?

Mr. Sangeeth was supposed to update me with BMC air filters for Swift DDi, pleasetellhim I am still waiting for it
Thanks a lot. :-)
Guys Chiragh's brother and I have been in bangaloresince day before. Was at rrp the whole day yesterday. And i must say there is nothing more impressive than rrp.

And Vinay, you are right. I could have gotten a lot more done. The only thing tht is stopping me in the damn fuel. We just get 91 octane in chndigarh. Nothing more. And tht is the biggest obstruction in this build.

Car should reach chandigarh by 21st of May :-)
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 19:15   #115
BHPian

One small question,
Why do I see dimples on the piston head in that pic ? As far as I know, the 4G94 had flat top pistons and a lower compression ratio of 9.5:1
Did they make changes recently and went for high compression pistons or what ? Or are you installing different pistons to up the compression ?

MAYBE, Mitsu started using the 4G94 GDI block with a normal SOHC head ? cos the GDI came with DOHC head and higher compression. Is he pulling out the piston or installing ?

Last edited by Amey : 15th May 2011 at 19:40.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 20:19   #116
Senior - BHPian

@Amey, I think he mentioned earlier that pistons and con rods will be changed. So my guess these are the new upgraded ones.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th May 2011 at 20:20.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 00:39   #117
BHPian

@amey
i think those are the stock pistons judging from the little amount of carbon built up on the piston head.

Possible move by mitsu to change to the GDi block and raise the compression so that to get more better burn and combustion and hence meeting the more strict Euro IV norms and yet not affecting the power output.
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 15:21   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
@Amey, I think he mentioned earlier that pistons and con rods will be changed. So my guess these are the new upgraded ones.

see carefully the piston have black burn marks .. those look stock pistons to me ..

new ones would have shinny top
chiragh_bir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 15:26   #119
BHPian

I am also completely hooked on to this thread.

Chiragh in your initial posts you had provided a split of about Rs. 6 lacs worth of mod equipment and labour. So is the budget still in control. Along with what performance you are able to achieve in this car would be interested in knowing what you or rather your friend ends up spending.
rohitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 11:53   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
I am also completely hooked on to this thread.

Chiragh in your initial posts you had provided a split of about Rs. 6 lacs worth of mod equipment and labour. So is the budget still in control. Along with what performance you are able to achieve in this car would be interested in knowing what you or rather your friend ends up spending.
everything will posted once the car reach chandigarh !!!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote