Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th January 2013, 16:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Modifying a Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I had the same question. Selfdrive, have you figured this out? If not anyone else?
Inquired with the dealer and the Jazz does not have or support an autolocking facility as factory defaults. However, you can have it enabled by installing third-party car lock systems (Autocop etc.)
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 17:46   #77
BHPian

Hey 9thsphinx. How are you.

Long time no update. If you can manage, can you post a video of the sound of your CAI?

I have a Brio so whenever I can I wanna do similar mods like CAI and FFE for it and my requirements are very similar as yours.

Thanks. Cheers.
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 13:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hey 9thsphinx. How are you.

Long time no update. If you can manage, can you post a video of the sound of your CAI?

I have a Brio so whenever I can I wanna do similar mods like CAI and FFE for it and my requirements are very similar as yours.

Thanks. Cheers.
Here's the thing. I wouldn't mind putting up a video/audio of the sound and believe me I have tried recording one, but that recording and the real thing are two very separate things. The sound on the recording is bleak, thin and lacks substance. The real thing however gets loud and angry (almost drone like) when doing 100+ speeds and stays quite subtle and unobtrusive at lower RPMs. It's not a proper racecar sound, but it's as close as you can get with just one mod under the hood

BTW, I am still looking for a proper FFE system. Can't find a full SS setup that suits my tastes.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 7th June 2013 at 13:39.
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:41   #79
BHPian

Would installing a FFE result in failure in Emission tests as the stock setup is removed?
altius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 15:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Would installing a FFE result in failure in Emission tests as the stock setup is removed?
AFAIK, it's never a given that your car will definitely pass the test. However, in most of the cases, there's no problem. What you can also do, if it's extremely important, is install the catalytic converter/stock setup back, pass the test, and then remove it again.

On another note, anyone tried remapping their Jazz's yet? I've heard of some very minor Bhp gains (upto 10%) after the remap and wondering if it is worth the money. Actually, not many tuners remap iVtec engines - only one that I know of is Kiirus.