Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th July 2012, 16:37   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Yes,I have installed Philips Crystal Vision.
How's the illumination with them? I've also been told the Osram Nightbreaker range is good
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 16:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Philips India launches Daytime running lamps & an In-cabin Air purification syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
How's the illumination with them? I've also been told the Osram Nightbreaker range is good
Its really good.A huge improvement over the Stock Bulbs.

No idea about the Nightbreaker range.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 17:10   #138
Senior - BHPian

Got DRL on my Civic

Name:  t_DSC0252.jpg
Views: 2880
Size:  273.6 KB

Name:  t_DSC0282.jpg
Views: 2881
Size:  154.7 KB
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 17:17   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Its really good.A huge improvement over the Stock Bulbs.

No idea about the Nightbreaker range.
I have the Nightbreakers installed on my Brio (Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)), and the difference is huge in low beam, not so huge in high beam..
adityasiera is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 18:14   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

Got DRL on my Civic
Hey iTNerd, they look really stunning to say the least.

I am just curious about 2 things:

1. The Kit which you have on your Civic seems lower the car which has one of the "Worst" GC's for Indian Roads. How are you dealing with this?

2. If the 1st point is true, don't you think you will 'Almost Certainly' scrape those DRL's ??
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 13:50   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
I have the Nightbreakers installed on my Brio, and the difference is huge in low beam, not so huge in high beam..
How would you rate the NBs in the rain? I had switched to Philips XP+80% earlier and while the low beam was definitely much better, I wasn't that sure during the rains as the NB beam was 'whiter' than the usual stock halogens.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 17:47   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
How would you rate the NBs in the rain? I had switched to Philips XP+80% earlier and while the low beam was definitely much better, I wasn't that sure during the rains as the NB beam was 'whiter' than the usual stock halogens.
The NB+ does a decent job in the rains in low beam mode, average in the high-beam mode.
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 00:55   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey iTNerd, they look really stunning to say the least.

I am just curious about 2 things:

1. The Kit which you have on your Civic seems lower the car which has one of the "Worst" GC's for Indian Roads. How are you dealing with this?

2. If the 1st point is true, don't you think you will 'Almost Certainly' scrape those DRL's ??
1. I have had this kit on the car for almost 3 yrs and have driven with it from Delhi to Bangalore, to Kerala, to Goa and back. No problem with the GC or scrapping the skirts. My GC is 176mm unlike the 170mm for stock ones on account of tyres upsize to 205/65/15.

2. The DRL lights are housed inside the enclosure section of the front skirt. So, there is very little risk of that getting scrap or damage. Refer to the pic below:

Name:  DRL.png
Views: 3178
Size:  597.7 KB
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 21:24   #144
Senior - BHPian

What is the use of the electronic ballast that comes with the Daylight 4 kit?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 12:09   #145
BHPian

Default Philips GoPure Compact Air Purifier launched.

Philips launched the GoPure Compact 110 Air Purifier at ₹7999. The device is capable of cleaning a car of up to 7 seats. More details as under. With the amount of polluted air we are exposed to daily, this is a nifty device. Talk about turning your vehicles into meditation zones.

http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...-from-philips/

Last edited by coolmel : 30th December 2015 at 12:12.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote