Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th May 2011, 19:03   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Sikken paint or dupont?

Since you are in Chennai, you could contact the refinishing business manager at Akzo Nobel in their Chennai office. That would be the best way to be guided to a properly equipped paint shop manned by trained professionals.

khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 01:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Black is the most difficult to maintain. Even the smallest of scratches will show, .
+0.5 to that ; I own a dark blue Corolla and a metallic black Nova - I clean both machines myself and must say the blue is even more difficult to maintain than a black.

All my earlier cars were white - and I would never go in for a dark colour again.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 03:05   #18

Not just the fact that black cars are difficult to maintain and that too in a metro city. Scratches and dust and the likes are clearly visible on a black car, add to it the fact that you are travelling to some destination and almost after a couple of hours of drive your car already starts to get dirty and looks bad. And then painting an expensive car another shade than the original will finish most of it's resale value as no one believes it is non accidental. I wanted to get my sky blue Accent painted black as well some time back, but then so many things other than the one's that I mentioned came into the picture and I dropped the idea like a dead goat. You sure you want to do this?
iFuel is online now   Reply With Quote