Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd June 2011, 20:51   #16
BHPian

Default Re: GReddy Informeter

I always wanted to get a OBD Bluetooth scanner. Great to see this thread. If i remember correctly, Another Bhpian JayD had a bluetooth OBD scanner with an Android phone. I think his figo thread still has details on how to connect and get HUD working with the Torque application.

I did a quick Ebay search and found this.

ELM327 BLUETOOTH OBDII OBD2 DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER VAG-COM | eBay

Should work with all OBD2 cars.

My Questions for People who have used it here already.
1. Is paying 3k for this product worth it ? Considering its listed for 50 dollars, The ideal price should be around 2k.

2. Can we get it from Dubai ? One of my cousin is going there next month. If its available for a cheaper price there, maybe ill ask him to get some from there

Just noticed from the OBD scanner thread that few people have got it from here.

$26.03 - OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V) - OBD/OBD2 Car Diag. Tools

Maybe ill order it from the above link.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:30   #17
dot
Senior - BHPian

Posting the entire list of vehicles that can be connected to the Informeter. This list is made for US vehicles, I suppose.

Disclaimer: File taken from the site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf info-touch-part2[1].pdf (133.0 KB, 552 views)
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 07:59   #18
BHPian

A little off topic. How do you pronounce GReddy? Is it greddy or G reddy or G R eddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post

Should work with all OBD2 cars.

:
Please confirm the obd2 protocol your car is using before going for one. There are high chances obd tools bought from US might not work with cars which were never sold in US. I made a mistake of buying scanguage2 for my santro.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th June 2011 at 13:37. Reason: Merged on request. You can use the "report post" button to request a merge.
xander is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 19:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Please confirm the obd2 protocol your car is using before going for one. There are high chances obd tools bought from US might not work with cars which were never sold in US. I made a mistake of buying scanguage2 for my santro.
I will be using it on the i20. I did a search on the OBD scanner thread but could not find anyone who has already used it in the i20. Did a quick google search and i found this.

Compatible Vehicles | Elm327 bluetooth

Considering that Hyundai Getz and other Hyundai cars are listed, Hoping that it would work on the i20 too.

I see that people who have ordered from the link in my previous post have got it working with the Swift
Kimified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 10:47   #20
BHPian

I use the XITECH XR7 bluetooth OBDII scanner in my Civic with Torque running on my nexus one. Works fine and the data was precise.

There is a very minor lag that can be noticed though. Got it for about $37 in a deal.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2011 at 13:37. Reason: Splitting post between 2 threads.
BlackRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 18:32   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
1. Is paying 3k for this product worth it ? Considering its listed for 50 dollars, The ideal price should be around 2k.
I got an ELM327 Bluetooth device for ~$20, from ebay. Works flawlessly with torque, obdscope etc.. Got it after 20 days from ordering. Location: Hong kong, China.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2011 at 13:37. Reason: Splitting post between 2 threads.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:44   #22
BHPian

Default ITRAX Multi Information Display

Came across this after market MID for the Innova and Fortuner. Looks interesting.
Has anyone seen this before or has any information on it?
I've written to the company seeking more details. Will post these on getting a reply from them.

ITRAX-MID | Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc)-itrax-mid.jpg  

Last edited by John : 2nd September 2011 at 09:52.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ITRAX Multi Information Display

Is this only for Toyota or can it be fitted on other brands as well?

Checked the net, but didnt find anything useful, and didnt make too much of an effort either
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Came across this after market MID for the Innova and Fortuner. Looks interesting.
Has anyone seen this before or has any information on it?
I've written to the company seeking more details. Will post these on getting a reply from them.
Interesting find. Will be quite useful for the lower and mid variant Innovas. One of the so called 'premium' features of the Innova! Did some search, but couldnt find any information at all. Do post when you get more info.
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 08:47   #25
BHPian

This is the reply I recd from the manufacturer:

Thank you for your inquiry.
Attached are brochures and installation diagram/informations.
The cost is IDR 1.950.000,- (with today exchange rate, it is US$232) FOB Jakarta, Indonesia.
Just for information : we don't have English User's Manual yet(it is in Bahasa Indonesia), but the device's language is English.
We accept PayPal or T/T payment.
We can check the shipping cost if you want (just tell us what carrier (EMS,DHL or FEdex) and your shipping address.)
regards,
Irawan
Menara Audio
Shinta Cimone Indah Plaza Blok A/8
Tangerang, Banten
Indonesia
Phone +62-21-98920835
Attached Thumbnails
Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc)-fcmeter_withinfo.jpg  

Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc)-instdiagrameng.jpg  

Attached Images

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc)

Does this work with Maruti zen (first generation ,1000 cc ones ) ?

I want to get this and pair with my android . I will get it from ebay if it works .
Any one tried ? .

Name:  bluetoothobd2obdiicodescannerreader500x500.jpg
Views: 3111
Size:  115.9 KB
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Does this work with Maruti zen (first generation ,1000 cc ones ) ?

I want to get this and pair with my android . I will get it from ebay if it works .
Any one tried ? .
Yes, tried it with torque, it doesnt work. Not sure if it will work with any other software.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 15:19   #28
BHPian

BHPians,

Will ELM327 work with a Palio Stile?
lloydofcochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 20:39   #29
BHPian

Default Re: Torque OBD App - What the PID means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I don't have much idea about what is engine load. However My Blue tooth OBD2 reader shows 100% engine load when ever I lug my engine,ie driving below 1500 rpm on Cruze. Engine load becomes 0% while driving downhill. While going uphill, engine load shows a higher reading. I use symbian applications, OBDscope and OBD autodoctor.
Can you tell me which OBD2 adapter you use? I've been checking them out and have read quite a few warnings against the 15$ ones. I intend to use it on my Cruze with android app.
rangakishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 20:52   #30
anb
BHPian

Default Re: Torque OBD App - What the PID means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Can you tell me which OBD2 adapter you use? I've been checking them out and have read quite a few warnings against the 15$ ones. I intend to use it on my Cruze with android app.
I use ELM327 v1.5 Mini Bluetooth. I ordered it from below given link for just $16. But Delivered only after 1.5 months, what is the problem with $15 ones?

ELM327 V1.5 Mini Bluetooth Wireless OBD-II OBD2 Auto Car Diagnostic Scan Tool | eBay

Last edited by anb : 29th August 2012 at 20:53.
anb is offline   Reply With Quote