Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 23:49   #211
BHPian
 
Cruzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kochi/Singapore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 31 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

After going through many posts here about 3D Kagu mats and personally inspecting other similar products like Starmats at the accessory shops, I finally bought 3D Kagu mats for my Cruze (black mats) and Polo (beige mats). They are just awesome. I got them for 5200 (Cruze) and 4500 (Polo). The guy at the shop initially quoted 5500 for Cruze and 5000 for Polo, but I negotiated with him and got discounts. The 3D Kagu fits really well on both the cars.
Cruzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 07:43   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,085
Thanked: 551 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
True, plus the dead pedal area is not brilliant either.
It should have sharp angles to cover it properly but it just gradually goes do ground level near the clutch, which feels weird to be honest.
I swear. I thought the huge voids left by these mats will collect dust on a longer run and decided against them.

But, to be frank, I checked out a friend's Polo with 3D Kagu mats that were snuggly fitted with no big voids in the cabin. I guess it is the complicated design of Civic's floor area which is the culprit in our case.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 12:40   #213
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,992
Thanked: 5,039 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

The whole idea is that they are modelled to the shape of the car: if not, then fail!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 19:50   #214
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,085
Thanked: 551 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The whole idea is that they are modelled to the shape of the car: if not, then fail!
. In Civic's case, especially around the driver's floor space, the 3-D Kagu mats doesn't fit properly and therefore aren't worth the price in my opinion.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 20:39   #215
BHPian
 
s4ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 41
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Ok so I searched this thread for Baleno but couldnt get any hits. So anyone know where I can the 3D Kagu or equivalent for my Baleno? If not Kagu then any other good recommendations?

Cheers.
s4ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 20:55   #216
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,992
Thanked: 5,039 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

I think you should be searching the threads for dealers near you. They will know what models they can supply for
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 12:00   #217
BHPian
 
mjumrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 106 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I swear. I thought the huge voids left by these mats will collect dust on a longer run and decided against them.

But, to be frank, I checked out a friend's Polo with 3D Kagu mats that were snuggly fitted with no big voids in the cabin. I guess it is the complicated design of Civic's floor area which is the culprit in our case.
I checked the fitting in my friend's cruze and ordered for my civic. It was a special order so there is nothing much I can do about it.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 12:17   #218
BHPian
 
aghosht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 180
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

I had bought mine for the old Jetta some time back. The driver's side heel resting portion was peeling off - wrote to the company and was provide with a replacement under warranty yesterday.



One thing I noticed were that the earlier ones had a smooth bottom whereas the new replaced one has a velcro type bottom that prevent slipping.
Attached Images
 
aghosht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 13:22   #219
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,992
Thanked: 5,039 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
wrote to the company and was provide with a replacement under warranty yesterday.
What good service!

Where did you write to? Did you first go to the place where you bought them?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 15:30   #220
BHPian
 
racer_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 139 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Hi folks please advise on these mats i'm planning to get for my figo.
my local car decor shop guy showed these (KII brand. dont know)when I asked him for 3d mats.
quoted 2800 for 4 pieces(2 +2 front and back). the fitting looks ok but need your opinion on whether these are good or not.

Showing a few snaps I took after taking a display mat and fitting them in the floorwell.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_0058.jpg
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_0061.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_0060.jpg  

racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 16:33   #221
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Hi folks please advise on these mats i'm planning to get for my figo.
my local car decor shop guy showed these (KII brand. dont know)when I asked him for 3d mats.
quoted 2800 for 4 pieces(2 +2 front and back). the fitting looks ok but need your opinion on whether these are good or not.

Showing a few snaps I took after taking a display mat and fitting them in the floorwell.
I think these are universal mat of a similar material as Kagu 3D, thats why lesser price, my take would be to go for Figo designed ones, even though they might cost a bit more, after all you dont often change the floor mats.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 16:40   #222
BHPian
 
racer_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 139 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I think these are universal mat of a similar material as Kagu 3D, thats why lesser price, my take would be to go for Figo designed ones, even though they might cost a bit more, after all you dont often change the floor mats.
Thanks Motomaverick, I assume quality wise these are almost close to the kagu ones maybe a tad less. Good suggestion but the pricing for Figo specific mats run anywhere from 4500 to 5200! On the other hand these dont look too shabby or slip/run off(checked them on the floor thoroughly)

Was thinking I could save 2K and make use of it somewhere else. Will see the fitting of the figo specific one and take a call then.
racer_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 16:49   #223
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Thanks Motomaverick, I assume quality wise these are almost close to the kagu ones maybe a tad less. Good suggestion but the pricing for Figo specific mats run anywhere from 4500 to 5200! On the other hand these dont look too shabby or slip/run off(checked them on the floor thoroughly)

Was thinking I could save 2K and make use of it somewhere else. Will see the fitting of the figo specific one and take a call then.
Yeah, you should try both and check, by the way which shop are you checking these, incidently my OEM ones are already fading.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 16:56   #224
BHPian
 
racer_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 139 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yeah, you should try both and check, by the way which shop are you checking these, incidently my OEM ones are already fading.
Getting from Favara car decor, near Kundalahalli gate, whitefield. he usually sells them for 3600 but giving me at a special price as I have done, ICE,alloys,odd jobs from him
racer_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 16:59   #225
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Getting from Favara car decor, near Kundalahalli gate, whitefield. he usually sells them for 3600 but giving me at a special price as I have done, ICE,alloys,odd jobs from him
Favara, i have visited when i used work in whitefield side. Let us know what you bought along with pics ofcourse
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which floor mats to go for ? cnu Modifications & Accessories 30 22nd July 2016 11:46
DIY: Damping a Figo with Wurth & Yoga Mats swami.n In-Car Entertainment 21 18th April 2013 19:57
Transparent Vinyl Floor Mats Ram Modifications & Accessories 17 12th January 2010 16:23
Do i have any other choice other than Indica turbo diesel ?? tanishq Hatchbacks 35 11th June 2006 17:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks