Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th April 2012, 21:57   #241
BHPian

Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I did email them a few months ago and they said they didnt have anything for a Baleno. Have you got any for your Baleno? I still have the original carpet ones and desperately looking to replace them. carstudio.in has the universal kagu for about 2.8k but I'm not sure if they are really that good a fit. Any ideas?
Waiting for my salary, will call them up and check out. Universal mats are available off the shelf, I believe.
unk9ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 22:32   #242
BHPian

visited Bafna car accessories last saturday- quoted 4,800 Rs for 3D kagu for my Honda City 2012. Still mulling whether to go in for this or not.
kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 03:58   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
You can check with Jewaji Auto Decors in AnnaNagar (or) with A.K.International, GP Road (+91-44-28601633,42158387).

A.K is the distributor for Chennai, however the mats were cheaper at Jewaji.
Hi thenomad,

Thanks for the information, Visited A.K.International, GP Road. First one guy told me they are not dealing with 3D Kagu mats now and another guy said he have one in stock but that is black in color, bought it for Rs2500, Jewajee quoted 4700 for Beige and Black.

Regards,

rashv
rashv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 12:58   #244
BHPian

@rashv - is that a 3D or 4D. Yesterday went to jeewajee and he said they got both 3D costing 2.5k n 3D 4.5k.

Saw both the material - there is a huge difference. 'cos he got only beige now - asked him to get black.

But if u got black 3D kagu at 2.5k that's a killing...

Also, not sure the one for jazz is still perfect fit ? Anyoe tried recently ?
gjiyap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 21:02   #245
BHPian

Couple of questions:

1. If I am looking for 3D mats with a anti-slipping Velcro at the bottom - would it be a Kagu mat or Royal or Maxpider? Or would I get the Velcro in both? Pretty confused here.

2. Any shops in Chennai that still sell them? I am looking to pick a set for my Figo. A.K International are no longer selling these. Most of the shops in GP Road only had the cheaper fakes (KII / Rockstar et al).

TIA
sara.ramli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 22:04   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

I got mine from Privilege Moto Mall in Anna Salai.

If I remember correctly, some have no velcro, some have a bit, and some have it all over, and mine (Maxpider) have it all over. I think that Kagu is the name of the material, although I have never heard it in any other context.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 10:24   #247
BHPian

After having used them for a few months, I'd say stay away from them.

I bought Universal ones for my Fiesta and now, they are torn at the area where I rest my heel while driving. The front passenger side mat has kind of lost its 3D shape at one of the edges due to crease, or so it seems. I'll try to post pictures for reference when I get the time.

I certainly did not expect this after having paid 3500 rupees for JUST floor mats.

All I got were substandard mats with nothing but a "3D effect".

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 2nd July 2012 at 10:25.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:01   #248
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys. Bought my 3D Kagu Maxpider Mats for 5.2k for my Polo 1.6. The mats are of excellent quality but I really need to see their durability as the mats have been in my car since a month only and so far I do not see any signs of wear till date.
Attached Images

Epic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 08:00   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys. Bought my 3D Kagu Maxpider Mats for 5.2k for my Polo 1.6. The mats are of excellent quality but I really need to see their durability as the mats have been in my car since a month only and so far I do not see any signs of wear till date.
What a snug fit, especially in the rear?? Wow!
mempheS.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 08:49   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic
Ive been using them about 6 months and no signs of wear as yet. Good stuff these Kagus.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 21:25   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I got mine from Privilege Moto Mall in Anna Salai.

If I remember correctly, some have no velcro, some have a bit, and some have it all over, and mine (Maxpider) have it all over. I think that Kagu is the name of the material, although I have never heard it in any other context.
Thanks for the suggestion Thad. Visited PMM this evening and unfortunately, it appears that the Maxpider variant is not made for the Figo. Only the regular 3D mats. Were quoted for Rs.5300/-

Any ideas if I can buy velcro strips separately and attach them to the bottom of these mats myself? Just do not want to take a chance and let the driver-side mat slip and jam the pedals, as reported elsewhere in TBHP. Or am I too paranoid?
sara.ramli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 22:37   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Because they are moulded, they should not slip as easily as ordinary mats ... but it has to be your decision based on how your mats feel. I'd hate to cause an accident with bad advice, when the real answer is I don't know.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 11:42   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No they are not at all slippery. Some of the pros:
1. The overall colour and appearance gels with every car with beige interiors. They look absolutely fab.
2. Fit and finish is perfect.
Hello Mohit,

I was hunting for a floor mat set for my Innova. Found your post.
Did a search and found this -

Innova Star Mats,TOYOTA Innova Car Mats,Innova Car Floor Mats Suppliers in India

Are you also using the same stuff? In your pictures it didnt appear to be 3D moulded. The pictures from their website looks 3D moulded.

Also, I guess its about a year since you installed them, how is the quality and durability?

Any suggestions on going for this?
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 21:42   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Hello Mohit,

I was hunting for a floor mat set for my Innova. Found your post.
Did a search and found this -

Innova Star Mats,TOYOTA Innova Car Mats,Innova Car Floor Mats Suppliers in India
Hey these are the same mats that I have in my car. I have the Indus. These mats are basically available in 3 different categories. But they have stopped making the ones I have. The reason according to Sai mag wheel's owner is that the demand for the cheaper variant is more and people are not interested in the top of the lines ones that I have. So they have stopped getting them.

If you can get the ones that I have then go ahead with them. The fit is great and even after an year they are good as new. And my car is used every day of the week, even rented out to relatives for there outstation trips.

But the other 2 categories. I didn't like them and they felt cheap. So in that case I would recommend you to go for 3D Kagu mats or stick to the elegant mats.

From the pics above, it seems they have the Indus. I would definitely recommend them. But the prices look slightly high. I got mine for Rs 3500 approx ( don't remember the exact amount now).

Last edited by drmohitg : 11th July 2012 at 21:45.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 12:23   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey these are the same mats that I have in my car. I have the Indus. These mats are basically available in 3 different categories. But they have stopped making the ones I have.
Thanks, Mohit!

They have indicated that these are the INDUS Premium top of the line ones. But I couldnt relate the pics on the website to the one you posted. Both looked different. I have sent a mail to them to confirm. Not got any response yet. Price quoted is 4100/-, little higher, but if its worth it in terms of looks, fit and finish, I will go for it.

Just waiting for someone to confirm
samm is offline   Reply With Quote