Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th October 2012, 17:44   #316
BHPian

Default Re: 3D Star Mats Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshram View Post
The Elegant mats are pretty good. I had them on my old Corolla and still have it on my A Star. Bought them from the aurthorised dealer on J C Road cross. Value for money. And pretty good fit. But definitely doesn't look as classy as the Kagu mats, but I think what matters more is durability and value.

http://www.elegantauto.in/carpet-foot-mats.html
Can you add the contact details of the shop where you had purchased the floor mats. The growing numbers of T-Bhpians against the Kagu is worrying. I would like to check these out for my Baleno.
unk9ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 18:30   #317
BHPian

Default re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

You get them at most of the accessories shops. I bought them from the distributor:

M/s Kumar Car Accessories(http://www.elegantauto.net/distributor.php)

Don't expect these mats to be as hi-fi as the Kagu. But these are custom made, hence will fit well.
ganeshram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 15:38   #318
BHPian

On Kagu mats, can someone explain the difference between Maxspider kagu, regular kagu and polyester kagu?
satyaanveshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 16:20   #319
BHPian

Dear All,

I have used the 3D mats in my Fabia. It was a good experience. The fit was very good. I bought those mats from Gurgaon at around 5.3 k. Now as I am taking home a white beauty i.e. Honda Jazz XMT I want to purchase the same from Delhi.
Fellow bhpians from Delhi please help me. Anybody, please provide some distributor, website or contact person to buy the 3D mats for Honda Jazz XMT. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by db0009 : 17th October 2012 at 16:23.
db0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 18:32   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
On Kagu mats, can someone explain the difference between Maxspider kagu, regular kagu and polyester kagu?
Max spider material is claimed to be long lasting and more durable due to the material that is used in comparison to the regular. Also it would be snug fit and not move as there a velcro at the back.

Cheers!
volkman10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 20:45   #321
BHPian

Are there any fludic verna owners who have got 3D Kagu mats? I am planning to get one for my car.Wanted to know how well these mats fit in a fluidic verna. So far I have gathered from this thread that they fit properly in a Polo but not so well in a civic.

Inputs from verna owners will be much appreciated.

I am also a bit torn between the color choice (black or beige). I saw the comparison done in this thread but still not able to decide. Which color will go better with the beige interiors of verna?

Torque @ Indiranagar, Bangalore is quoting 5230 /- after discounts. Thinks it's a bit pricey. Any other place where i can get a better deal?
champ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 08:52   #322

Hi Champ27!
Yes, I have these in my car. They fit well. In the Verna, you also have these hooks on the floor closer to the seats, however, those are for the conventional mats, to latch onto. With the 3d ones, they go over the hook, and owing to the contoured shape, fit well.

I've put the black ones, and they do get dusty, but I guess that's the same issue with the beige too. In the end, it all boils down to your personal preference of color.
writeramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 11:17   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeramesh View Post
Hi Champ27!
Yes, I have these in my car. They fit well. In the Verna, you also have these hooks on the floor closer to the seats, however, those are for the conventional mats, to latch onto. With the 3d ones, they go over the hook, and owing to the contoured shape, fit well.

I've put the black ones, and they do get dusty, but I guess that's the same issue with the beige too. In the end, it all boils down to your personal preference of color.
Thanks for information writeramesh. In fact the hooks on the floor got me to think whether the 3D Kagu mats will fit properly or not.

What about the price? How much did you get them for? Also, does it include mats for the boot floor as well.

PS: A couple of pictures of 3D mats in your car would be great if you don't mind
Old 28th October 2012, 19:34   #324
BHPian

Pics of 3D Maxpider mats in my Verna -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2945815 (Strange beginning to the Journey with my new stone beige Verna diesel)

An observation - Before picking up the mats, I was shown a sample set for Swift. The Swift rear set had 3 separate pieces while for Verna it came as one single piece for the rear.

IMO the swift set is better as it's easy to remove and clean the mats if they come in smaller pieces rather than one single long piece.
Old 30th October 2012, 17:43   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Thanks for information writeramesh. In fact the hooks on the floor got me to think whether the 3D Kagu mats will fit properly or not.

PS: A couple of pictures of 3D mats in your car would be great if you don't mind
For an ever more sung fit, I could easily remove the hooks (and put them back again if required). Followed the stuff mentioned in this thread

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9098

I did this for my i10 AT whilst installing the 3D Maxspider mats. Don't think the procedure/clip design for the Verna would be too different.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 22:13   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
For an ever more sung fit, I could easily remove the hooks (and put them back again if required). Followed the stuff mentioned in this thread

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9098

I did this for my i10 AT whilst installing the 3D Maxspider mats. Don't think the procedure/clip design for the Verna would be too different.
Thanks Hitman. I will definitely try this trick. I am still somehow happy with the front mat fittings, the problem is with the rear ones.
How's the rear mat fitting for your i10? Is it one single piece or 3 different pieces?
Old 31st October 2012, 09:04   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Thanks Hitman. I will definitely try this trick. I am still somehow happy with the front mat fittings, the problem is with the rear ones.
How's the rear mat fitting for your i10? Is it one single piece or 3 different pieces?
3 different pieces. Unlike other members, haven't seen any deterioration in the mats/heel pad despite the car being a daily drive.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:46   #328
Senior - BHPian

Finally did a DIY repair job on my 1 1/2 year old driver-side 3D Kagu mat:
Material: Fevicol Rubber Solution
Time taken: 30 minutes + 1 day drying time

Step 1 of 2:
The reinforcing layer on top was already loose so gently tore it off
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-pre-1-resized.jpg
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-pre-2-resized.jpg

Step 2 of 2:
After washing and drying it, reapplied it (using rubber solution), where I thought it should have been in the first place. Let it dry for a day and then checked the edges; applied more solution and dried it again. {Dumbbells finally of some use!}
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-wip-1-resized.jpg
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-wip-2-resized.jpg

Result:
To make the mat 'black' again, applied a thin layer of black shoe polish and buffed it.
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-post-1-resized.jpg
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-post-2-resized.jpg
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-post-3-resized.jpg

Looks somewhat ugly but has definitely solved the issue for now. Given the location of the reinforcing layer, I believe this particular set is made for the automatic Cruze.

With the manual Cruze coupled with lovely BLR traffic, its the left foot that sees most of the 'swivelling' action. Request all Kagu users to carefully monitor the wear and tear and do the needful!

Incidentally, kids were enthralled and nearly stuck THEMSELVES to the mat with the rubber solution, driver thought I had completely lost it and wife commented that she now has definite proof that she receives less attention than even the foot-mat

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd December 2012 at 12:50. Reason: Typo
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 17:01   #329
BHPian

Today i got 3D kagu mats for my POLO at yeshwanthpur metro for 2600. Hurry few more pieces left.
SalsaCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 21:59   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaCorp View Post
Today i got 3D kagu mats for my POLO at yeshwanthpur metro for 2600. Hurry few more pieces left.
2600????!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a idiot now . I paid 5k!! Gosh these dealers are ripping us customers. Are other car models mat also available?

All roads should lead to metro who ever wants to buy the mats!!
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote