Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd April 2014, 14:58   #451
BHPian

Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I have seen the 3M mats and other hand i have 3D Maxpider. Points for consideration are:

1. Durability
2. Does the job required
3. Easy to clean
4. Looks
5. Of course value for money
Hi Kartik,

Response as below:

I was in the same dilemma and I decided on the 3M Nomad mats as against the 3D Kagu Mats.

1. Durability: The 3M mats seem built to last. The driver side mat at the heel may be subjected to more wear and tear. From what I can see, they can easily last ~ 3 years. The 3D Kagu mats are more appealing aesthetically, but the 3M ones do the job better. Case in example being a rainy day in NCR. When you sit inside the car which has lets say 3D Kagu mats and your boots are soiled with slush, then the mats will get dirty and it will show. On a 3M mat, the slush will seep through and collate at the base leaving the top with a relatively pristine appearance.

2. Does the job required: Please refer the example quoted above

3. Easy to clean: I personally found the 3M easy to clean. They need to be pulled out from the car, and then can be washed with regular water and then you can tap the rear of the mat against the wall to remove grime or dirt or you can use high pressure water as well. The same approach can be followed for the 3D Kagu mats as well. However, a liquid spill will show more prominently on the 3D as against the 3M.

4. Looks: The 3D looks better hands down, but the 3M does the job better. Also, the 3M store in Gurgaon do a great job of ensuring the right fit. Fairly precise based on my experience.

5. Of course value for money: It cost me 3510/- for 3M Nomad mats for my 2014 Verna as against ~ 6500/- for the 3D Kagu, though the Star 3D mats are available for ~ 3500/-, but forum reviews suggest that they don't really match up to the 3D Kagu mats in terms of fit and finish.

Note: I have no affiliation with 3M or 3D Kagu or 3D Star Mats and the above opinion is my own without bias.
TheBigH is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 23:07   #452
BHPian

Guys any idea where can I get these type of mats [tray type, custom fit] for 2007 MB E280 CDI in Bangalore. Need it urgently.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 19:55   #453
Senior - BHPian

Hi Zulfi Hansi. Try Hot Tracks on Victoria road. Thats where I got mine from.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 08:21   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I ordered Star 3d mats from carmatsindia.com (sai mag wheels ) yesterday for my Manza.
Today they delivered (bluedart) the mats to my home .
Not even 24 hours flat to deliver.
Wow man what efficiency.
Fit and finish needs to be seen.

Will post a few pics soon
Madhu,

Would you have any pics to share?

I am planning to buy floor mats for my Manza as well and would like to see if the mats fit and hold up well. Hope you can share pics of your floor mats and and your experience with these in your Manza.

Hopefully in the last 6 months you would have known well if this investment was worth it or not.
sachinayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 12:41   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Madhu,

Would you have any pics to share?

I am planning to buy floor mats for my Manza as well and would like to see if the mats fit and hold up well. Hope you can share pics of your floor mats and and your experience with these in your Manza.

Hopefully in the last 6 months you would have known well if this investment was worth it or not.
Hi Sachin

No i dont have pics. The mats do not fit well.
I had to cut the front driver side mat because it was fouling with the clutch.
Secondly the rear seat mat is 3pieced mat and not the preferred 1piece 3d mat and hence it does not stay in place as well as the 1piece 3d mat of MAXPIDER.
(But remember the price difference in Maxpider and these star mats)
I would advice to stay away from Star 3D mats for the Manza.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 14:07   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sachin

No i dont have pics. The mats do not fit well.
I had to cut the front driver side mat because it was fouling with the clutch.
Secondly the rear seat mat is 3pieced mat and not the preferred 1piece 3d mat and hence it does not stay in place as well as the 1piece 3d mat of MAXPIDER.
(But remember the price difference in Maxpider and these star mats)
I can relate perfectly to what you say regarding the rear 3-piece set rather than desired 1-piece. The 5th mat i.e on the transmission tunnel DOES NOT fit at all and I have left it dangling on it.

The drivers mat as you said does foul with the clutch pedal but I did sit out of the car and adjust in such a way that it interferes less as earlier.

The rest of the mats are good and fit well, no complaints as the price also was cheap enough which will do the job.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 08:55   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the honest feedback. You saved me some money and heartache.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 15:47   #458
Senior - BHPian

Can someone share website with descent review for purchasing 3D Kagu mats for XUV 500. Found the same on many websites, however most were not having option for color selection, I am looking for black specifically.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 16:23   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can someone share website with descent review for purchasing 3D Kagu mats for XUV 500. Found the same on many websites, however most were not having option for color selection, I am looking for black specifically.

Hey,

I'm pasting the link for 3D star mats, they are decent enough and are available in black.

http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_42.htm
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2014, 10:34   #460
Senior - BHPian

Purchased 3D Kagu Mats (Black) for XUV from Hot tracks Bangalore for Rs. 7500, that was the cheapest I found during my search.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 23:28   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
I Just got the 3D Kagy mats for my XUV, got it from an auto accessories dealer here is coimbatore, Excellent mats, rugged,good looks and keeps the car clean. Its a snug fit for all the 3 rows, its kind of a velcro material at the bottom so it clings onto the floor and doesn't slide around.The downside, i had to pay Rs7000/- for them.Will post pics soon.
Hi DocRock, Im from Coimbatore but unable to locate the Maxpider mats. Can you pls. guide me where you got yours from ? Thanks.
Padcot Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 22:13   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Hi DocRock, Im from Coimbatore but unable to locate the Maxpider mats. Can you pls. guide me where you got yours from ? Thanks.
Hi, I picked it up from "Third Space" in ramnagar just before savitri photo house.
They didn't have it at that time, but I requested one and they got it for me.
It's a good place that, I also got the lightest available tint for my windows and Teflon coating. They do a good job.
DocRock is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 23:02   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I picked it up from "Third Space" in ramnagar just before savitri photo house.
It's a good place that, I also got the lightest available tint for my windows and Teflon coating. They do a good job.
since we are discussing teflon coating , do you know 3m car care has come at trichy road in coimbatore ? I took of our 2 new cars there on the first day of opening ( co-incidently ) and for now their service is obviously good.
Old 30th June 2014, 20:33   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Docrock,

Hard luck on the Kagu mats. Maxpider is unable to help in sourcing mats for Vento. Poor service, no answer to calls !

Any other place you can suggest ?
Old 1st July 2014, 08:51   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post

Hi Docrock,

Hard luck on the Kagu mats. Maxpider is unable to help in sourcing mats for Vento. Poor service, no answer to calls !

Any other place you can suggest ?
Why don't you try online?

Snapdeal or Ebay should be of some help in sourcing them. Look at the before links. How they are of help.

Black colour

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3D-Maxpider-K...-/161319193029

Beige colour

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Maxpider-Kagu...-/331229175178

All the best.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st July 2014 at 08:59.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote