Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th July 2014, 15:13   #466
BHPian

Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why don't you try online?

Snapdeal or Ebay should be of some help in sourcing them. Look at the before links. How they are of help.

Black colour

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3D-Maxpider-K...-/161319193029

Beige colour

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Maxpider-Kagu...-/331229175178

All the best.

Anurag.
I did located them in my city in the last couple of days. they seem fine. However, Im unsure if these are indeed the Maxpider 3D Kagu from Taiwan. In short I mean the original.

At the two places I was able to locate in Coimbatore , both the dealers had these pads packed in a cheap non-textile packing and simply printed Maxpider. I wonder how a company which charges a heafty amount for mats does not provide even the basic packing ?

Though the pads did have a 3D logo on the face of it and a texile sticker stiched on the sides of the mats which read 3dmats.com or something like that.

In short, Im un-sure if these are original and if some-one in the forum can help me distinguish the difference between fake and original will help.
Padcot Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 21:00   #467
BHPian

In my opinion, the original Maxspider mats come as a single piece for the rear mat, while cheaper options come with a 3 piece rear mat.

I picked up my mats from a local shop here in Hyderabad. It just said 3D mats and I didn't check if they are maxpider. Got them for my Honda City at Rs. 2,800 for the set. The 3 piece rear mat is not good as the individual pieces overlap each other, giving the velcro no space to attach to the carpet underneath.

Original maxpider mats do not come below Rs.5000. If you are buying online, ask the seller if the rear mat is one piece or 3 piece. If you are buying from a retailer, as them to open up the packaging and test-fit it in your vehicle. Test if the mat slides around when you slide your feet over it. Also test by pouring half a glass of water and lifting the mat to see if the mat is truly water tight. If these two tests pass, you've got yourself a quality mat.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 21:44   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
In my opinion,

Original maxpider mats do not come below Rs.5000. If you are buying online, ask the seller if the rear mat is one piece or 3 piece. If you are buying from a retailer, as them to open up the packaging and test-fit it in your vehicle. Test if the mat slides around when you slide your feet over it. Also test by pouring half a glass of water and lifting the mat to see if the mat is truly water tight. If these two tests pass, you've got yourself a quality mat.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Hi Arvind,

Im not so sure if the mats in my city are original at all.

Its with the packing. The two or three shops that are selling these mats are actually packed in a non-textile bag with simply maxpider printed on the bag. inside the mats look similiar to the original maxpider, but i seriously doubt if they are one.

On the other hand, I first saw them a couple of weeks ago in hyderabad on minister's road in a shop. he had both 3d specific to vento and the universal one - both from maxpider.

they looked original to me.

I did call up this guy today, but looks like he is not interested to speak over the phone.

Guess he has enough business as does not want additional sales even if I propose to send money to this account in advance and have the mats couriered.

alternatively, unable to locate a satisfying vendor in my city and not going to buy something that im not sure of especially when it is about 5K for mats!

to your suggestion, the back mats comes in 3 pieces and not a single one.
Old 9th July 2014, 00:59   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Hi Arvind,

Im not so sure if the mats in my city are original at all.

Its with the packing. The two or three shops that are selling these mats are actually packed in a non-textile bag with simply maxpider printed on the bag. inside the mats look similiar to the original maxpider, but i seriously doubt if they are one.

On the other hand, I first saw them a couple of weeks ago in hyderabad on minister's road in a shop. he had both 3d specific to vento and the universal one - both from maxpider.

they looked original to me.

I did call up this guy today, but looks like he is not interested to speak over the phone.
I understand your concern. That is a hefty amount for floor mats, but the quality of the original is definitely worth it, specially in the monsoons.

Here are 2 links to original products online, for your vehicle:
autofresh

cardekho

If you aren't comfortable buying online and if you have the name and contact number of the shop you saw at minister road, I'll be more than happy to go check out the place this weekend. I live close and it's a short drive for me. I'll take pictures of the product and send them to you and also check for originality. If you are happy with it, I'm ready to ship them to you from Hyd(please don't expect in-a-day shipping like online portals )

Off topic: shops at minister road operate at cut throat competition. There are quite a few along that stretch and from personal experience, owners aren't interested unless you're purchasing a high end music system or something like that, whether it is on phone or in person.

Please see the photos of my vehicle with mats purchased from ebay. These aren't maxpider, but they're 3D. Costed me approx 2500
3 years with Honda City (ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car)

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 17:08   #470
BHPian

Quote:
I understand your concern. That is a hefty amount for floor mats, but the quality of the original is definitely worth it, specially in the monsoons.

Here are 2 links to original products online, for your vehicle:
autofresh

cardekho

If you aren't comfortable buying online and if you have the name and contact number of the shop you saw at minister road, I'll be more than happy to go check out the place this weekend. I live close and it's a short drive for me. I'll take pictures of the product and send them to you and also check for originality. If you are happy with it, I'm ready to ship them to you from Hyd(please don't expect in-a-day shipping like online portals )

Regards,
ArvindYoga

Hi Arvind,

Thats very kind of you to check on the mats and also really appreciate you offering to send these to me.

Below is the address of the shop. This guy is located on the LHS of the ministers road at about 300 - 400 meters when approaching from begumpet main road. ( towards the end when approaching from MG Road on the RHS ).

Fast Tracks Car Decors. 1-8-32/42/A, Minister Road,
Secunderabad - 50003,Tel: +91 40 66335252,Email Id: fastrackscd@gmail.com.
Contact Persons:Rakesh : +91 98854 25252 Suresh : +91 90009 25252

You may check at other shops on that road if is not of much trouble to you.

Arvind, this guy also has universal mats apart from 3D kagu( from maxpider itself) . I think buying both of these makes sense as we dont have to keep removing the 3D mats on an everyday basis.

Just remove the universal for the regular dirt , clean them and quickly place it back.

Whats your opinion ?

I live in a dusty area where the dust is minute and reaches difficult to clean areas under the front seats and below the console.

I did see the pics of your honda city. they look great. Im yet to read your thread.

Thanks a ton !
Old 13th July 2014, 13:00   #471
BHPian

Quote:

Arvind, this guy also has universal mats apart from 3D kagu( from maxpider itself) . I think buying both of these makes sense as we dont have to keep removing the 3D mats on an everyday basis.

Just remove the universal for the regular dirt , clean them and quickly place it back.

Whats your opinion ?

I live in a dusty area where the dust is minute and reaches difficult to clean areas under the front seats and below the console.

I did see the pics of your honda city. they look great. Im yet to read your thread.

Thanks a ton !
Hi Prakash,

As promised, I visited the FastTracks store today. The dealer brought out 3 qualities of mats, and also told me the differences between original 3D mats and local replicas.
  • The 3D logo on the original mats are fused into the mat, vs screwed or glued into the mat on local makes
  • The original comes with the 3Dmats.com label stitched onto the side, however I'm unsure of this as that label can be printed easily by anyone
  • Original mats, the entire back area is velcro, so the entire mat is connected to the carpet. In local mats, the velcro is stitched as strips on the corners, meaning the rest of the mat may glide on the carpet

The packaging. I visited 2-3 reputed shops in the minister road area, and all have similar packaging.
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-mat1.jpg

The 3Dmats.com label, which is supposed to be a proof of authenticity.
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-mat2.jpg

Back of the driver side mat. As you can see, the entire back is covered with velcro, whereas the lower quality ones he displayed had just strips stitched onto the side beading.
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-mat3.jpg

The dealer seems to be authentic, as I checked out a few other products - K&N Air Filter, Fog Lamps, Wiper blades etc. and they all were genuine. So I'm guessing the mats are genuine as well. I'm also pleased because he took the time to explain the differences in qualities and showed the various mats, even though I told him I'm not going to be purchasing immediately. The price he quoted for the maxpider mats was 6,300 for the vento. The next lower quality is 5,000.

I would not suggest buying 2 sets of floor mats. Universal mats aren't custom fit, so they might extend beyond the floor area, meaning you'll have to either fold or cut them, risking pedals getting trapped under the mat. The universal mats you mentioned aren't 3D, which means there is a good chance of dust gliding off them and into the carpet when you attempt to remove them for cleaning. That's only practical if you have a set of dry mats and a set of rain mats. Since the 3D mats are dust and waterproof, I don't feel it is a wise use of money to buy these as well as universal mats.

If dust is an area of concern for you, I suggest you invest in the Jopasu Car Duster. This traps dust within its strands and doesn't just sweep the dust off. Here is a photo of mine. As you can see, it has seen some use, but still works just as good as new. A few swipes with this duster and your car is dust free. Doesn't scratch either. I purchased mine on Snapdeal.com
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-duster.jpg

Hope this helps.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 19:11   #472
BHPian

Hi Arvind,

Many Many thanks ! you going out of the way and check for the convenience of a fellow Bhpian is to be really appreciated and such assistance is price-less.

-- These are the similar ones that im getting here in Coimbatore. The same packing in plastic bags , 3d logo which is riveted, stitching and appearance almost the same.

-- Now there is more clarity on what is being offered here and in Hyd. And I think both are the same.

-- Meanwhile this morning , Update: While checking the website of maxpider- I happen to drop an e-mail to the guys in Taiwan. Was not expecting any reply. This was some 3 days ago. But, I got a call this morning from the Pan India distributor of 3D Kagu from Bangalore.

They inturn put me on to their TN distributor who ultimately connected me to the local dealer in Coimbatore.

And his mats are exactly the same as seen by you.

The prices here in Coimbatore are 5800/- though i was expecting it cheaper in bigger cities due that more volumes will be sold in metros.

The chennai distributor did inform the MRP is 6250 but generally the dealers are offering 10% discount and hence the price quoted by the local dealer is almost correct.

So I will spare you the trouble of sending the mats to me.

- you are correct on the universals. They are not needed. I think Im trying to be over protective !

- On the Jopasu duster , I just bought one. As you rightly said and like many others here - it is a good tool for quick and easy cleaning.

Regards,
Prakash.
Old 14th July 2014, 19:47   #473
Senior - BHPian

Got Star 3D mats from http://www.carmatsindia.com for Tata Safari bought top quality Sigma from this site for 3200Rs.

Material looks and feels to be high quality and fit is perfect. The rear mat is single peace and not 3 peace like other cheap 3D mats. Mats were shipped next day by Bluedart and delivery was quick.

I feel this is good choice for 3D mats and made in India by Sai Mag wheels in Delhi so there is a reason for them to be cheaper then Taiwanese import ( No shipping/handling, customs ,currency differences )

Last edited by amitk26 : 14th July 2014 at 19:53. Reason: Added more information
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 21:50   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arvind,

-- Meanwhile this morning , Update: While checking the website of maxpider- I happen to drop an e-mail to the guys in Taiwan. Was not expecting any reply. This was some 3 days ago. But, I got a call this morning from the Pan India distributor of 3D Kagu from Bangalore.

They inturn put me on to their TN distributor who ultimately connected me to the local dealer in Coimbatore.
Prakash, could you please share their email id or the tel no. of Bangalore or Chennai office.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 22:34   #475
BHPian

Hi there,
I'm looking for good quality mats for my new Octavia III. I enquired about the 3D kagu mats at Sai mag wheels Delhi but unfortunately, they didnt have those for my car. Is there Any other 3D kagu mats dealer in Delhi. Any other suggestions for mats are very much welcome.
Regards,
Shreyak
shreyak_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 23:41   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Prakash, could you please share their email id or the tel no. of Bangalore or Chennai office.
The Pan India distributor for 3D Kagu of Taiwan is from Bangalore: 09886657766 ( I think his name is Anand , Not Sure ).

The Distributor for Tamilnadu is located in Chennai Mr. Pavan Mehta: 09840677000.

Representative of the Pan India distributor ( Bangalore ) in Chennai. Mr. Shanmugam Prakash: 09841278623.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 23:45   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Hi there,
I'm looking for good quality mats for my new Octavia III. I enquired about the 3D kagu mats at Sai mag wheels Delhi but unfortunately, they didnt have those for my car. Is there Any other 3D kagu mats dealer in Delhi. Any other suggestions for mats are very much welcome.
Regards,
Shreyak
The one's that Sai Mag has are not original kagu as per posts from other Bhpians. The actual 3Ds are from Taiwan.

The Pan India distributor (for 3D Kagu of Taiwan ) is from Bangalore: 09886657766 ( I think his name is Anand , Not Sure ).

Contact this guy and he will guide you to their distributor / dealer in Delhi.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 09:15   #478
BHPian

Quote:
The Pan India distributor for 3D Kagu of Taiwan is from Bangalore: 09886657766 ( I think his name is Anand , Not Sure ).

The Distributor for Tamilnadu is located in Chennai Mr. Pavan Mehta: 09840677000.

Representative of the Pan India distributor ( Bangalore ) in Chennai. Mr. Shanmugam Prakash: 09841278623.
Thanks a bunch Prakash. Shall try to get in touch with them. Did you buy the mats?
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 10:38   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Original mats, the entire back area is velcro, so the entire mat is connected to the carpet. In local mats, the velcro is stitched as strips on the corners, meaning the rest of the mat may glide on the carpet
Won't it damage the original carpeting in long run ? I have seen that velcro sticks to the carpeting but also pulls out fiber and the area keeps on becoming fluffy suppose if the whole surface is velcro it will be difficult to remove and will pull lots of fibre every-time you pull them out for cleaning ( almost 2/3 times a weak in my case)

A simple anti-skid layer ( little rough so that it offers friction but not Velcro) is much better
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 11:56   #480
BHPian

Hi, I just ordered a set of Star Car Mats for our Polo from Sai Mag Wheels after reading the various posts. Thanks a lot; will revert after I get the mats and try them out.
rpunwani is offline   Reply With Quote