Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st July 2014, 13:34   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Dear Anurag,

Great to know that you have been using the Star Mats for a few months without any issues. When I got the product, I was impressed with their prompt delivery, packaging and quality of the mats.

I am sure that Kagu & other more expensive mats have their own merit - however, these ones are lighter on the wallet
Lighter on the wallet and at the same time does is job as intended.

1) Doesn't move around with foot movement;

2) Easy to clean and maintain;

3) Fits decently snug with most contours adhered;

4) Gives the interiors a clean sporty feel covering end-to-end carpeting.

I didn't want to spend high on the 3M Nomad or the other Kagu ones. Very happy with this set.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 14:11   #497
BHPian

Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Got the Star Mats for my Passat; some observations:-

Drivers Mat is not contoured for the dead pedal, the mat covers the dead pedal too.
Balance mats are snug with a good fit. Since the Passat has high quality carpet, the mats did not have velcro on the bottom.

Very happy with the mats, will post pics shortly.
rpunwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 12:11   #498
Senior - BHPian

Prospective Mahindra vehicle buyers or existing owners will be pleased to read this:

The official Mahindra showrooms now sell Maxpyder 3D Mats from the showroom itself. They have tied up with Hot Tracks, Bangalore and sell the genuine stuff.
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 19:40   #499
BHPian

Do you know if the Rexton mats are available from the showroom as well under this arrangement?
Tabasco Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 19:53   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Got the Star Mats for my Passat; some observations:-

Drivers Mat is not contoured for the dead pedal, the mat covers the dead pedal too.
Balance mats are snug with a good fit. Since the Passat has high quality carpet, the mats did not have velcro on the bottom.

Very happy with the mats, will post pics shortly.
Hey, Even I got the Star Mats for my Passat (Beige colour) about 6 months back. All the mats fit well except the Driver mat which as you correctly stated does't accommodate the Dead pedal. My car being a manual creates even more trouble as constant clutch action tends push the mat backward from left making it rotate a bit. Also the driver mat keeps sliding forward. As a fix I have cut the mat from the corner (dead pedal area). The material is sturdy rubber and it still looks good. Also, the central mat for the rear transmission tunnel doesn't fit at all. I wasn't planning to use it anyway.

I have seen real 3d kagu mats in a passat and although they fit really well (First impression), I am not sure if they are worth it at approx 8k. These were 3200/- bucks. The biggest difference between real and copy mats I feel is that 3d kagu are stiffer and that helps them maintain shape. I hope this helps
Crazy_Bean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 23:48   #501
BHPian

Original maxpider mats do not come below Rs.5000. If you are buying online, ask the seller if the rear mat is one piece or 3 piece. If you are buying from a retailer, as them to open up the packaging and test-fit it in your vehicle. Test if the mat slides around when you slide your feet over it. Also test by pouring half a glass of water and lifting the mat to see if the mat is truly water tight. If these two tests pass, you've got yourself a quality mat.

Regards,
ArvindYoga[/quote]

Hi Arvind,

Got the 3d mats today - maxpider.

The fit and look is awesome. They cost 5300/. This was cheapest price I could in my city after checking multiple shops and verifying the authenticity of the shop from the super stockist in Chennai.

Thanks Arvind for yourban initial help.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20140729-23.34.07.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20140729-23.35.43.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20140729-23.38.28.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20140729-23.39.24.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20140729-23.40.43.jpg
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 14:00   #502
BHPian

Well I just got an awesome deal!

I was looking for mats for my Aveo as the original ones were torn and useless now, had been temporarily using the cheap rubber ones which i bought from Tradus. Those were very cheap and smelly

So I was deciding to go for 3M Nomads as Original 3D Maxpider for Aveo were not easily available due to model being discontinued. Just thought to give Sai Mag Wheels a try for those Star Mats. I emailed Gautam and received a quick reply next day, he inform he had a last set of Original 3D Maxpider Black for Aveo which he would give for Rs 3000. I went to his place in the evening to check those out, as it was shop closing time unfortunately Gautam had left, could not meet him.

I asked for mats and shop boys went to get the set and returned with the last set which was soiled and eaten at one corner by rat. Surprisingly the area cut by rat was the one of front driver where there is the curve of fuel lid & boot opener. Shop owner not sure who he was Vichai or Anand asked for Rs 1000 for the set. I tried to bargain for Rs 800 but he said final was Rs 1000.

I gave him Rs 1000 and took the mats, these are inch perfect, just the way I always wanted and totally value for money.

There was one issue though, my being the CNG Aveo has a fire extinguisher fixed with metal plate & Velcro belts to hold extinguisher in place right ahead of front passenger seat frame. The plate is still there as it was not causing any such obstruction but the extinguisher is in boot now, and this is not the small extinguisher which we see on A pillars in cabs it is slightly larger. So will have to figure out an alternative for that, it would be great if I can fix it below the passenger seat.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 16:08   #503
BHPian

Guys on my 2 year old 3D mats, on the driver side, the area where I keep my foot has come off. Any solutions for fixing the same?
Attaching a picture of the same for reference.
Thanks in advance for the help!

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407321522.907290.jpg

Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 17:36   #504
BHPian

clean the mat very well, and apply feviquick
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 18:12   #505

is there any retail shop in Bangalore where I can get 3D KAGU mats for Hyundai Xcent. even not getting on ebay
thanks in advance
RVVSatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 19:47   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVVSatya View Post
is there any retail shop in Bangalore where I can get 3D KAGU mats for Hyundai Xcent. even not getting on ebay
thanks in advance
Try SNLP Pitstop in Thubarahalli. I got mine there for my Amaze.
Call them & ask for your car. They have a good set of stocks.
There are other branches too. Check for the closest one.
nggk5mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 11:27   #507
BHPian

Not sure if anyone who bought the Kagu mats has tried this, but there seem to be a few products that can add onto the abrasion resistance of fabrics. Gtechniq I1 is one; CarPro Cquartz for leather and fabric is another. They also seem to add fantastic water and liquid stain resistance.
nishsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 12:18   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVVSatya View Post
thanks in advance
Hi Satya. You can go to Hot Tracks on Victoria road for original 3D Maxpyder mats. They are the official dealers.

@ Rohan - I have the same issue on my 3D mats. The superglue/feviquick idea is good. Seems to work for me.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 17:50   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Hi Satya. You can go to Hot Tracks on Victoria road for original 3D Maxpyder mats. They are the official dealers.
Yes, or you could contact them over phone. Mr Anand of Hot tracks is an extremely nice person - contact him 09886657766

Also I clarified from him about the availability of Maxpider 3d mats for the 2014 city and he says that the mats have reached Bangalore.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2014, 12:34   #510
Senior - BHPian

I think the price should hover around 5500-6000/-. I strongly suggest the beige ones and the finish is a lot nicer than the black.
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote