Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 13:36   #526
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

I was looking for 3D Maxpider Kagu mats for Duster on ebay. There are a total of three sellers with one selling them for around 6K, other two are around 7.5K.

I dropped a message to the seller of the cheapest one named "autofreshindia" and he confirmed that total number of mats are 5. I am checking with other sellers on ebay as well for the number of pieces.

The description of the item is "3D Car Mats For Renault Duster, MAXPIDER KAGU (Black Color)". As per the details on this forum, the total number of mats for duster should only be 3 from maxpider. In case the seller "autofreshindia" is selling fake, then I will try to report it to ebay that he is misleading people.

Thank God that I read all the posts here before purchasing the mats. Everyone needs to be careful while purchasing online.
sumitbhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 12:07   #527
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 8
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitbhai View Post
I was looking for 3D Maxpider Kagu mats for Duster on ebay. There are a total of three sellers with one selling them for around 6K, other two are around 7.5K.

I dropped a message to the seller of the cheapest one named "autofreshindia" and he confirmed that total number of mats are 5. I am checking with other sellers on ebay as well for the number of pieces.

The description of the item is "3D Car Mats For Renault Duster, MAXPIDER KAGU (Black Color)". As per the details on this forum, the total number of mats for duster should only be 3 from maxpider. In case the seller "autofreshindia" is selling fake, then I will try to report it to ebay that he is misleading people.

Thank God that I read all the posts here before purchasing the mats. Everyone needs to be careful while purchasing online.
@sumitbhai. any luck with any of the sellers on ebay? have been looking for kagu footmats for the duster for the last 2/3 days. let me know in case of any positives out of your research and am looking for biege mats

btw some more options here

Car dekho - 7750/-

eBay - carzindia - 7500/- . it does say "1 sold" (unlike other listings)

eBay - globalkar - 7750/-. has 2 listings - black and biege

do share your research.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th September 2014 at 10:33. Reason: Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
jaywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 10:29   #528
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhy View Post
@sumitbhai... any luck with any of the sellers on ebay? have been looking for kagu footmats for the duster for the last 2/3 days... let me know in case of any positives out of your research...and am looking for biege mats

btw some more options here

Car dekho - 7750/-

eBay - carzindia - 7500/- . it does say "1 sold" (unlike other listings)

eBay - globalkar - 7750/-. has 2 listings - black and biege

do share your research...
Jaywhy,

I contacted all sellers on ebay and they confirmed that there are 5 mats from Maxpider Kagu. In sector 28 car market in Chandigarh, they didn't have Maxpider ones, so I couldn't check them personally.

So, I thought of not wasting too much time and money and purchased star mats for Rs. 2800. I booked them on Monday afternoon and they arrived by Tuesday afternoon, amazingly fast shipping.

I found it a bit hard to fit the mats in my duster, after much fight when I was able to fit them, somehow, I realised that they just don't fit well. The front mats fit about ok, just about ok and but I am sure they won't move with the movement of one's feet.

The worst are the mats at the back. The middle mat has no sticking kind-of sheet attached to it back, so it needs to be placed in the middle and other two mats to be placed on its either sides, with some part of side mats overlapping the one in middle.

The main problem is that the side mats which attach to the flooring on one side but at the other end where they are placed over the middle mat, they just don't stick there. May be they were never supposed to be attaching to the mid mat, but that looks pretty ugly site to me. Movement of feet would surely displace all the 3 mats at the back.

I will be writing to their customer care and asking for some solution, IMO having 3 mats at rear is a bad idea in the first place. Therefore, my advice to you would be to go for digifit 3d mats I found on shopclues/snapdeal, they are for Rs. 2400 and total 3 mats only.

I will post the response I receive from star mats customer care soon.

Thanks,
Sumit
sumitbhai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 11:57   #529
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 282
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitbhai View Post
The worst are the mats at the back. The middle mat has no sticking kind-of sheet attached to it back, so it needs to be placed in the middle and other two mats to be placed on its either sides, with some part of side mats overlapping the one in middle.

The main problem is that the side mats which attach to the flooring on one side but at the other end where they are placed over the middle mat, they just don't stick there. May be they were never supposed to be attaching to the mid mat, but that looks pretty ugly site to me. Movement of feet would surely displace all the 3 mats at the back.

Thanks,
Sumit
I have had very good experience with Star Mats. Please see the photos I posted in this thread after fitting 3 mats in the rear of our Polo. These mats do not move at all, as the sides are raised upwards and the velcro on the under surface holds the mats in place.

I also fitted the Star Mats in our Passat, there were minor issues with the mats, but overall they are really good - no shifting of mats. Please see the snug fit of the rear mats.
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_2206.jpg  

rpunwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 13:22   #530
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 125
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I have had very good experience with Star Mats. Please see the photos I posted in this thread after fitting 3 mats in the rear of our Polo. These mats do not move at all, as the sides are raised upwards and the velcro on the under surface holds the mats in place.

I also fitted the Star Mats in our Passat, there were minor issues with the mats, but overall they are really good - no shifting of mats. Please see the snug fit of the rear mats.
Hi,
the fit and finish depends for each car make and hence the end result cannot be guaranteed or replicated for all cars. If you have good experience with VW cars, does not mean the same will be in case for other vehicles too.

this holds good not only for star mats , but all other manufacturers as well.

We should be a little open to suggestions by others as well so that each one reading here gets an un-biased report and information.
Padcot Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 15:50   #531
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 8
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitbhai View Post
Jaywhy,

I contacted all sellers on ebay and they confirmed that there are 5 mats from Maxpider Kagu. In sector 28 car market in Chandigarh, they didn't have Maxpider ones, so I couldn't check them personally.

So, I thought of not wasting too much time and money and purchased star mats for Rs. 2800. I booked them on Monday afternoon and they arrived by Tuesday afternoon, amazingly fast shipping.

I found it a bit hard to fit the mats in my duster, after much fight when I was able to fit them, somehow, I realised that they just don't fit well. The front mats fit about ok, just about ok and but I am sure they won't move with the movement of one's feet.

The worst are the mats at the back. The middle mat has no sticking kind-of sheet attached to it back, so it needs to be placed in the middle and other two mats to be placed on its either sides, with some part of side mats overlapping the one in middle.

The main problem is that the side mats which attach to the flooring on one side but at the other end where they are placed over the middle mat, they just don't stick there. May be they were never supposed to be attaching to the mid mat, but that looks pretty ugly site to me. Movement of feet would surely displace all the 3 mats at the back.

I will be writing to their customer care and asking for some solution, IMO having 3 mats at rear is a bad idea in the first place. Therefore, my advice to you would be to go for digifit 3d mats I found on shopclues/snapdeal, they are for Rs. 2400 and total 3 mats only.

I will post the response I receive from star mats customer care soon.

Thanks,
Sumit
Thanks Sumit. Your feedback helps a lot. Hope your problem gets resolved, I would believe that Star should resolve your problem considering that even INR 2000+ is not a small amount.

I am on the other hand thinking of splurging a bit and trying to negotiate with Reliance Autozone in GGN for a club deal on Ovion leather seat and 3D Maxpider mats for about INR45k. lets see what comes of that.

Will keep you posted.
jaywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 16:08   #532
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I have had very good experience with Star Mats. Please see the photos I posted in this thread after fitting 3 mats in the rear of our Polo. These mats do not move at all, as the sides are raised upwards and the velcro on the under surface holds the mats in place.

I also fitted the Star Mats in our Passat, there were minor issues with the mats, but overall they are really good - no shifting of mats. Please see the snug fit of the rear mats.
Thanks, it was only after reviews by people like you that I bought star mats, and am not disappointed. The mats are good enough for Rs. 2800 but they need to fit. I usually travel with my wife sitting at front on my left and my 3 year old daughter safely tucked in her baby car seat at the back. So, am not worried about displacing of mats at the rear. However, anyone else looking for mats for Duster is advised to think twice.

I am so lazy that I have not clicked one pic of my car despite owning it for more than 3 weeks now. But I promise to click some pics of the inside of the car to show how mats fit, rather I shall say don't fit . I understand its my moral responsibility to support my claim with pictures.

I have one question for you still. If the middle mat somehow sticks to the flooring of your car, how do you get the side mats to fit over it? How can velcro of side mats attach to the top of mid mat, I don't get it.

The mats I have got has a rather large middle rear mat, so it extends a lot to either sides. That's what causing the side mats to sit up rather than fit down. Furthermore, the middle mat has no velcro at all, its simply cost cutting by the manufacturers and it does look horribly out of place.

Thanks,
Sumit
sumitbhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 16:21   #533
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 683 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

How can I get these 3D Kagu mats for my Tata Zest that I hope to get in a few days?

Are these cut to size or I have to wait for them to be available?

Is there any dealer in Mumbai whom I can go get the size needed & these mats fitted from?
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 16:28   #534
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 282
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Hi,
the fit and finish depends for each car make and hence the end result cannot be guaranteed or replicated for all cars. If you have good experience with VW cars, does not mean the same will be in case for other vehicles too.

this holds good not only for star mats , but all other manufacturers as well.

We should be a little open to suggestions by others as well so that each one reading here gets an un-biased report and information.
Hi,

IMHO, I have had a good experience with Star Mats and so have others who own other cars besides VW. I have only expressed my views on a product, which I believe is unbiased, as I am purely a customer/user. I am sure that people have had good experience with other brands, which is what they have expressed on this thread.

The intent of posting the picture was to show how the rear mats fitted in my car.

I can assure you that I am open to suggestions - its one of the main reasons for being a BHPian. If I have offended you, I am sorry
rpunwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 16:28   #535
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,458
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Are these cut to size or I have to wait for them to be available?
3D mats are not cut to size, the mat sizes of each vehicle varies from other.
Since yours is a new model, you may have to wait till it is available in market. Also, I have seen 3D mats available online at Modifymycar . They too dont have Zest stock now.

Alternatively you can think of 3M noodle mats.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 21:30   #536
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 282
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitbhai View Post
Thanks, it was only after reviews by people like you that I bought star mats, and am not disappointed. The mats are good enough for Rs. 2800 but they need to fit. I usually travel with my wife sitting at front on my left and my 3 year old daughter safely tucked in her baby car seat at the back. So, am not worried about displacing of mats at the rear. However, anyone else looking for mats for Duster is advised to think twice.

I am so lazy that I have not clicked one pic of my car despite owning it for more than 3 weeks now. But I promise to click some pics of the inside of the car to show how mats fit, rather I shall say don't fit . I understand its my moral responsibility to support my claim with pictures.

I have one question for you still. If the middle mat somehow sticks to the flooring of your car, how do you get the side mats to fit over it? How can velcro of side mats attach to the top of mid mat, I don't get it.

The mats I have got has a rather large middle rear mat, so it extends a lot to either sides. That's what causing the side mats to sit up rather than fit down. Furthermore, the middle mat has no velcro at all, its simply cost cutting by the manufacturers and it does look horribly out of place.

Thanks,
Sumit
Dear Sumit,

Please place the centre piece over the shaft tunnel and then push the left & right side rear mats into place. I had to fold a part of the centre mat in the Passat as the centre mat was oversized. Being thin, I was able to do so easily. Please see my picture and you will see that the hem at the back of the centre piece is not there (folded underneath).

I am not familiar with the Duster, so unable help you more. Send pics if possible.
rpunwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 21:19   #537
BHPian
 
aghosht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 180
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Anyone tried these:

http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/shopp...3d-mats/594465

http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/shopp...it-mats/594708
aghosht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 15:11   #538
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
How can I get these 3D Kagu mats for my Tata Zest that I hope to get in a few days?

Are these cut to size or I have to wait for them to be available?

Is there any dealer in Mumbai whom I can go get the size needed & these mats fitted from?
I too was looking for the same (though my car seems to be a long way from reaching me) and when browsing, found one on ebay.

However on closer inspection, it looks like it is from Indica Vista. I guess it should fit on Zest as they both share the same chassis.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Beige-Colour-...-/400768681262
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 16:30   #539
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 683 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
I too was looking for the same (though my car seems to be a long way from reaching me) and when browsing, found one on ebay.

However on closer inspection, it looks like it is from Indica Vista. I guess it should fit on Zest as they both share the same chassis.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Beige-Colour-...-/400768681262
This is useful! I guess I will not buy either the official zest accessory carpet or rubber mat then, can wait for some time to see if I can get better ones.

I have mailed this dealer to ask if they are available in Mumbai to try & buy instead of online.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 16:37   #540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
This is useful! I guess I will not buy either the official zest accessory carpet or rubber mat then, can wait for some time to see if I can get better ones.

I have mailed this dealer to ask if they are available in Mumbai to try & buy instead of online.
It will be great if you can try it and buy after confirming the fit.

One thing I noticed in the display car, the official Zest mat on driver side was quite worn out which probably does not say much about it's quality but I must also say that considering the number of footfalls in the showroom for Zest, it may have worn out naturally.
isandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which floor mats to go for ? cnu Modifications & Accessories 30 22nd July 2016 11:46
DIY: Damping a Figo with Wurth & Yoga Mats swami.n In-Car Entertainment 21 18th April 2013 19:57
Transparent Vinyl Floor Mats Ram Modifications & Accessories 17 12th January 2010 16:23
Do i have any other choice other than Indica turbo diesel ?? tanishq Hatchbacks 35 11th June 2006 17:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks