Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 17th July 2011, 11:51   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge
@nkg77: Racechip is cheap! I was surprised to see their rates! For less than 200 Euro including shipping, duties, it's a real bargain! Has anyone on the forums tried it in their Polo/Vento?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch
Is it so easy to 'chiptune' your car? Too good to be believable! That can convert someone like me who is not keen on mods (because of the hassles) to go for it!!
I have not seen any Vento/Polo with race chip, but there are Fiat owners who are using this and they are happy with it. Please check this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...race-chip.html

All the tuning box does is fooling the ECU to increase the fuel pressure.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:35   #77
BHPian

Default Re: 2011 Volkswagen Vento TDI - Modded

Boys,
Just came back from a trip to Kochi, met the man himself at Pete's. He said they're testing the box on three vento's already and should have it in a couple of months time.

Bhp: 130
Torq: 290 Nm
I'd be very happy with that, will get a front brake upgrade for the car when I get the box. Torox disc+pads will set you back 33,000 at Pete's.

What's the max you guys have touched in your Vento's? I did 190 kph and it wouldn't go any further. The box should make it go past 200 you think?
Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 13:15   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Boys,
Just came back from a trip to Kochi, met the man himself at Pete's. He said they're testing the box on three vento's already and should have it in a couple of months time.

Bhp: 130
Torq: 290 Nm
I'd be very happy with that, will get a front brake upgrade for the car when I get the box. Torox disc+pads will set you back 33,000 at Pete's.

What's the max you guys have touched in your Vento's? I did 190 kph and it wouldn't go any further. The box should make it go past 200 you think?
U came to Kochi? We could have met dude. Anyways, good to hear that they are coming with the box. Yes, the 130hp Vento is what they advertise on the net. Actually, there are two Ventos with this in Cochin. I have touched 180 on my Vento and with this box it will easily touch 200. I was confident that the stock Vento will even touch this mark but didnt have the guts .

Anyways, keep us updated on your mods dude.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 17:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Yes i do feel a brake upgrade is a wise complementing upgrade to the race chip. Great thinking!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 17:22   #80
BHPian

Just came across this link on FB: Polo GTI Headlights with DRL and xenon | Facebook

Some guy from Malaysia is selling Polo GTI headlights for 2500RM (approx Rs 40,000). Any team-bhp members in Malaysia who can confirm first hand from this guy?
Old 26th September 2011, 07:46   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
With the exception of the roof masking, just loved what you have done with the car.

The tints look way too dark. Are they legally permitted?
I agree with all of these. The roof masking could have been avoided, I like it that way. Otherwise, it looks hot.
arjithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 16:52   #82
Team-BHP Support

Awesome looker this car. Any feedback on the 16" tyres? How much is the ride comfort compromised?
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:45   #83
BHPian

hi, has anyone tried the dieseltronic box from race dynamics, i have called petes a few times over the last month, and they are still testing the box. I then called the folks at race dynamics and learnt that they already have a box for the vento tdi priced at 19,999 INR.

has anyone tried this box on their ventos, one of our fellow bhpians has fitted this on his skoda rapid and has given nice insights, but no news about such a box being installed on the vento yet.
udiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 14:59   #84
BHPian

hi, i saw this projector Headlight with drl setup in fleabay..
this is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...1#ht_938wt_932

will this fit in indian polo? The sellers claims it will and is plug and play. it is a bit pricey though. it was priced 37600 yesterday and today he has hiked the priced to 45600.

in the present polo, the bulb type is H4. but in this its H1 and H7. do you think it will fit without any cutting of wires.

but looks cool though. i got a quote for a pair of similar headlights for Rs.33000 including shipping from china.
Gocool2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 12:06   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocool2007 View Post
hi, i saw this projector Headlight with drl setup in fleabay..
======
but looks cool though. i got a quote for a pair of similar headlights for Rs.33000 including shipping from china.
Those lights look tight! 45K seems a bit pricey though.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:29   #86
BHPian

Got a Race Dynamics Box last week. Here's my notes:

1. The connector cable should NOT be routed through the back (towards the cabin) as the turbo sits in the back and it gets really hot. It was done that way in my car by mistake and the cable burnt through.
2. Car went into 'limp' mode. Wouldn't cross 2000 rpm. Called the guy immediately and they replaced it promptly.
3. The box has 4 modes which can be switched on the fly with a wireless remote:
(S) Stock mode
(P1) Power mode with 15% power bump, 15% efficiency bump
(P2) Power mode with 25% power bump, no efficiency bump
(E) Economy mode with 0% power bump, 25% efficiency bump
4. Been running on P2 mode all along and it's awesome. Pulls strongly in the mid-range. They are not promising higher top speed, but they do promise you will get there quicker.

Shall update you on the fuel efficiency numbers in some time.

All in all, the Rs. 20,000 is money well spent!
Sledge is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a Race Dynamics Box last week. Here's my notes:

1. The connector cable should NOT be routed through the back (towards the cabin) as the turbo sits in the back and it gets really hot. It was done that way in my car by mistake and the cable burnt through.
2. Car went into 'limp' mode. Wouldn't cross 2000 rpm. Called the guy immediately and they replaced it promptly.
(S) Stock mode
4. Been running on P2 mode all along and it's awesome. Pulls strongly in the mid-range. They are not promising higher top speed, but they do promise you will get there quicker.

All in all, the Rs. 20,000 is money well spent!
Congrats on the RD box, another happy chappy . So you are still going for the brake updates?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:47   #88
BHPian

Hello!
I prefer remaps compared to boxes, and given an option, i would anyday go for the remap. There are a lot of boxes available for the 1.6TDI, and a reference recommends the 479 Euro RaceChip Ultimate, which frankly is out of my budget. I did a lot of research on RaceDynamics, and i am convinced that they are a technically strong organisation, and not just a resistor-capacitor-box seller. So, after a lot of contemplation, i went for the RaceDynamics DieselTronic!
A month back, i called my friend and dealer, and asked him if i could test drive my car with the box before i decide. He agreed. I only test drove the box in P2, as performance gain is my sole purpose of buying the box. This is what i observed:

1) Car revs freer
2) Power increase can be felt immediately, post 1500rpm
3) Pulls cleanly upto 4000rpm
4) Feels lesser strained post 3300rpm
5) Throttle response feels quicker, car feels lighter and quicker
6) Significant bump in power
7) Call it BrakeHorsePower or PsychologicalHorsePower, i was sold! I was smiling throughout the test drive.

After using it now for a month/3500 kms, here is what i have observed:
1) Commutes are now fun
2) On the dynolicious app for the iPhone, i once did a 0-100 time of 10.8 seconds. On the stock car the best i managed was 11.9
3) The 0-100 timing is pointless, because it doesnt matter in the real world. But what really matters is that the box DOES make a difference in your real world conditions. The car drives better, power feels beefier.
4) FE has more or less remained the same, although i am driving much quicker.
5) Everyone who has driven the car have felt the difference.

I have not tried the other boxes, but for Rs.20k, this one is definitely worth a look!
satya180 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 21:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Got a Race Dynamics Box last week.

(S) Stock mode

@Sledge - Can you share your updates on Fuel Efficiency numbers ? Iff possible for the 4 modes as above ? I know it is too much to ask though.

Cheers,
DieselDon is offline   Reply With Quote