Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th November 2012, 21:47   #46
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Bolero Xlusiv by Mahindra Customization

I wonder if the design team was imported from the link provided below.
http://www.pakistantruckart.com/blog/

This reminds me of Shammi Kapoor and Jitendra in their age 30's. With the yesteryear Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor low waist pants/trousers fashion of the 60's catching on like wild fire among the youth here; it just might happen that the youth fall head over heels for this vehicle. If not from here I am sure there will be a few takers from across the border.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 17:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Mahindra Customisation Vehicles

I came across very interesting site. Looks like Mahindra is giving option of the customized vehicles to the customers. Some of the models are really very very cool, jaw dropping. Specially i liked the mods for Thar and Bolero.

http://www.mahindra-customisation.com/

Site doesn't mention anything about the price. Company customized car will be really cool idea for sure. Has anybody heard about this before? Has anybody purchased any vehicle from this?
Attached Images

aniketi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 18:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Customisation Vehicles

This has been put on a couple of other threads already. Mahindra's customized vehicles have been there for a couple of years.

I think if you send an inquiry on the website they'd revert with the price at which they'd be able to customize the vehicle for you.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 18:11   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I came across very interesting site. Looks like Mahindra is giving option of the customized vehicles to the customers. Some of the models are really very very cool, jaw dropping. Specially i liked the mods for Thar and Bolero.

Site doesn't mention anything about the price. Company customized car will be really cool idea for sure. Has anybody heard about this before? Has anybody purchased any vehicle from this?
The steps are like this::

1. You basically need to buy the car from the dealer first.

2. Then the car will be sent to the factory for this modification

3. Prices mentioned in one of the threads were nothing short of exorbitant.

We have more threads on this forum on this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...omization.html (Bolero Xlusiv by Mahindra Customization)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...isnt-cool.html (Mahindra Concept cars - Isn't it Cool!!!)
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 23:08   #50
BANNED

Quote:

Good Morning!

I'm glad you discovered this website and really liked the jaw dropping cool models(vehicles).

Like a wise man once said "Never Stop Exploring".
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Wow .. People on this forum already knows it, they know almost everything

Any idea how much they cost? If it is within budget, then its a good option to consider for the enthusiastic people. If bolero like this costs around 10 L, then its a good option for sure. Also what about replacement items? Are they readily available in case they are required?
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:29   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Any idea how much they cost? ...
So, you still have NOT gone thru the listed threads?! The prices of some the models have been listed down there. Some are ~2.5L & some ~3L. This is on top of the price of a brand new vehicle.

Edit:: I like the stinger, the most. Gautam Gambhir with his stinger is listed in one of the threads here!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd January 2014 at 10:31. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 17:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So, you still have NOT gone thru the listed threads?! The prices of some the models have been listed down there. Some are ~2.5L & some ~3L. This is on top of the price of a brand new vehicle.

Edit:: I like the stinger, the most. Gautam Gambhir with his stinger is listed in one of the threads here!
Was little busy. Anyways, thanks for pointing out Gone through them now. Good to see some vehicles in real world.

Some of the mods are really cool. The modified cars are looking really nice and different than normal cars. 2.5 L seems to be ok for such mods, though on little higher side. Hope Mahindra will support these cars in case of problems like accidents where your body panels needs to be replaced.

One question in my mind, if Mahindra has such a nice range of modified vehicles, why can't they just display 1-2 vehicles each at their bigger dealers in the big cities? This will attract more and more customers towards this. Also it will certainly make good image in the customers mind for the Mahindra.
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
One question in my mind, if Mahindra has such a nice range of modified vehicles, why can't they just display 1-2 vehicles each at their bigger dealers in the big cities? This will attract more and more customers towards this. Also it will certainly make good image in the customers mind for the Mahindra.
Unfortunately, the fit and finish of these factory mods are nowhere near perfect. Some of them do not stand the test of time; I have seen a few such vehicles at dealerships and sadly they are not as durable as one would like. Especially considering the fact that they are essentially tough, off-road vehicles. I have heard a few issues with availability of such custom parts from customers. No surprises there.

Let me add that I have nothing against Mahindra as such and think that their no-nonsense 4X4 vehicles are just brilliant. But I cannot accept their 'chalta hai' attitude when it comes to quality, service and spares.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a straight contented to the Whacky Mods thread.

Outrageous spoiler and one of the worst colour selactions for the interior, maybe second only to the "red" Ford Figo interiors.

Did not like the "xclusivity" one bit
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:07   #56
BHPian

So much for customization! The mods shown on the macho boleros is purely cosmetic for those mall crawlers who want to impress the gals. They are unfit for even basic off roading with the exception of the Thar. If M&M is serious about their bolero range they should offer it with 4WD or Eaton Mlocker which distributes torque.This I am sure is not going to happen as they are too busy patting their backs on the success of existing models. I own a Thar and had to go for after market hard top!
Attached Thumbnails
Bolero Xlusiv by Mahindra Customization-off-roading-016_2.jpg  

maverick56 is offline   Reply With Quote