Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th February 2006, 21:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by GTO
Thats my the guard on my Mahindra Classic is actually called the Kangaroo guard. It was specifically designed for Australia.

Interesting. In the area we live in we get a lot of Blue Bulls (Nillaghai), they can be a pain in the backside. One hit my cousins Maruti 800 and damaged his bonnet badly. A few years back a Bull killed a man by charging him when he was on a scooter.

The stupid government has imposed a ban on killing them even though the population of these is getting out of control. They are not only a risk to road users but damage crops as well, so farmers end up out of pocket. We need Blue Bull Bars to compete with the Kangaroo guard. Of cause if the likes of Maneka Gandhi and the PETA brigade get to hear about this they will be running to the courts asking for them to be banned.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 09:34   #17
Default Looking for this Fortuner Rear Bumper Crash Guard

Hi Guys,

I am looking for this particular model of the Rear Bumper Crash Guard for my Fortuner, preferably in Delhi NCR. Any clues where and for how much I can get this?? Retailers/Manufacturers.. if you can leave your address/contact numbers, it would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Crash Bar(Guard) for Cars - Is it worth ?-file_000.jpg  

Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 07:38   #18
Default Re: Crash Bar(Guard) for Cars - Is it worth ?

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's much appreciated.

Unfortunately, for someone who has to drive in Delhi NCR during peak hours, and cope up with illiterate drivers in a "bursting at its seams' traffic, I think this is more of a necessity, than a style statement. I have had my rear bumper replaced once and fixed/repainted twice now (in a span of a 14 months!!) just because someone else forgot to apply the breaks in time or was just a little too rushed. Incidentally, one of them was one of our own, team-bhpians.

While I got the front crash guard installed at the time of purchasing the car, I somehow didn't feel the need for a rear one at that point. But at this stage I feel I should have actually gone only for a rear guard.

I saw the model that Toyota dealerships sell but this one just looks a tad better aesthetically. Which brings me back to the original question.. Does someone know where to find something like this??
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote