Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd July 2011, 18:53   #1
BHPian

Default Wanna mod my C class

Hey guys,

Im looking to slightly mod up my 2008 W204 C class. Its a C200K elegance model in silver. It has been kept completely stock till now.

I am definitely getting the front grill replaced with the big 3 pointed star one. Other than that, was looking at getting some AMG rims (the c63 ones) and a spoiler along with some kind of bodykit ( amg / lorinser / brabus / wald ?) ive been checking out a lot of stuff online, but not sure where and how i can get it... i need your help on what to get, and where can i find stuff in mumbai.. especially the body kits ?

(Mods, please redirect this threat to wherever appropriate, Thanks!)
evil_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 23:04   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Wanna mod my C class

AMG stuff is available in Delhi, Should be there in Mumbai too. The avant garde grille looks awesome.

I see lot of ads in Auto Car every month, You should be able to locate dealer/distributor for such parts for sure.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 18:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You have two options:

- Order online! Believe me, the process is simpler than you'd think and you'll get a much wider choice. If you aren't keen on this option, then:

- Get in touch with BHPian S600BENZ. He's got all kinds of customisation options for Mercedes / other European cars. Also check with Puneet Damodar on 98217.81171.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 00:58   #4
BHPian

I have a c63 amg bonnet if ur interested
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 04:41   #5
BANNED

I can get you in touch with the Lorinser Dealer in Bombay if you want. His name is rakesh. Nice fellow. He has a lovely set of Lorinser rims in the showroom right now. You should go have a look before you get the AMG ones.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 22:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You have two options:

- Order online! Believe me, the process is simpler than you'd think and you'll get a much wider choice. If you aren't keen on this option, then:

- Get in touch with BHPian S600BENZ. He's got all kinds of customisation options for Mercedes / other European cars. Also check with Puneet Damodar on 98217.81171.
GTO, can you suggest some trusted sites from where to order merc parts ? Like a site from where you know someone who has ordered and actually satisfied with the order. I am new to ordering car parts online and am a little worried about the customs part and formalities that will be required.

I have spoken to Puneet, thanks for the lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
I have a c63 amg bonnet if ur interested
have PMed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I can get you in touch with the Lorinser Dealer in Bombay if you want. His name is rakesh. Nice fellow. He has a lovely set of Lorinser rims in the showroom right now. You should go have a look before you get the AMG ones.
To be honest, i am really fixated on the AMG wheels.. may go in for some lorinser add ons like side skirts or something.

Would you happen to know anyone who deals in amg parts? (apart from autohanger) or any place i can get the c63 kit (bumpers, side skirts)- wouldnt mind a replica kit as well
Old 30th July 2011, 23:02   #7
Team-BHP Support

But why only cosmetic mods? Why don't you bump up the performance a bit? Its a supercharged engine so even something like a remap will bump up the power 25-30bhp or so.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 23:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
But why only cosmetic mods? Why don't you bump up the performance a bit? Its a supercharged engine so even something like a remap will bump up the power 25-30bhp or so.
Wanna do just the visuals for now. Next up will be the exhaust. Skeptical about the remaps at the moment, especially in india. Don't really wanna tinker with the mechanicals and then later have issues
Old 1st August 2011, 03:57   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
To be honest, i am really fixated on the AMG wheels.. may go in for some lorinser add ons like side skirts or something.

Would you happen to know anyone who deals in amg parts? (apart from autohanger) or any place i can get the c63 kit (bumpers, side skirts)- wouldnt mind a replica kit as well
Kool then, I think autohangar is your only option. I know for a fact that autohangar has some real nice stuff. I have a friend working in autohangar and I remember him telling me about the kits. There is another thread running about the same btw. I have put up details of the same. PM me if you want the guy's number.
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:21   #10
BHPian

Guys, in the process of talking to a few people about the amg styling and prices.. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting 3m di-noc carbon fibre stuck on the entire roof of the car as well as the mirrors. What's your take on that? Any suggestions for where to get it done? Or something else that i should get?

Last edited by evil_e46 : 2nd August 2011 at 18:23.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:26   #11
BHPian

why dont you just pay a visit to 4 seasons at Tardeo?
Ive seen them do a lot of Lorinser kits.
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 02:36   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
Guys, in the process of talking to a few people about the amg styling and prices.. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting 3m di-noc carbon fibre stuck on the entire roof of the car as well as the mirrors. What's your take on that? Any suggestions for where to get it done? Or something else that i should get?
The 3m CF is fantastic. I have used it before and It is top notch! Where are you getting it from BTW?
Old 7th August 2011, 23:59   #13
BHPian

Getting 3m di noc from a friend. thinking of wrapping the rear boot spoiler in it and the roof of the car..

Choice of rims-

which one ?
Attached Images

Old 8th August 2011, 00:00   #14
Team-BHP Support

I like the 3rd one the most. It will be unique. The first one would be my next choice.

What size you looking at? 18s or 19s?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 00:38   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi evil_e46

I am sharing a scanned image of a C-Class. I indeed like its looks and the alloys look super.

Most of the Benz's spotted abroad have their turn indicators on their bumpers. It looks nice.

The scanned image is from an advertorial supplement of ACI (most probably from their anniversary issue)
Attached Images

Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote