Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th August 2011, 18:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default BMW India launches a whole range of Accessories.

Hello,

BMW India has in the last few days been busy updating it's product line which is not yet marketed as well as they should but to give you details,

All products are covered, the best part is this is the first time a manufacturer is offering you options this vast, in fact I do not think even mass market car makers offer a range so vast, the finest inclusions are the Alloys and also the trims for the cars, which now also include Aluminium trims for certain models, these can be retro fitted at your local dealer who can also place an order for any product you like, I saw the original BMW Rubber mat in a car and have to say never been so impressed with the fit and finish of a rubber mat.

Options also include navigation systems which will work from your existing idrive on certain models, and ofcourse reverse cameras which again will work on your idrive.

And to not keep the performance guys disappointed for the 3 series they officially have come up with tuning chips and exhausts, all under warranty,

BMW India Link for all downloads

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 19:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: BMW India launches a whole range of Accessories.

BMW has certainly read the Indian Market right. When a certain % of people were looking at options of bettering the car, whether cosmetically or otherwise, they saw a potential market waiting to be tapped.

Smart move I'd say !!

cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 20:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Trust BMW to up the ante. This is a step in the right direction, which will further add to BMW's already expanding market share.

IMO, the biggest plus is honoring the warranty.Way to go BMW.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 20:50   #4
BHPian

Saw the thread,downloading the 3 accessories brochure right now,hope they have a performance upgrade for the 07 model.Have been wanting to get it for a long time,just did not know how to go about it without voiding warranty!
Great job BMW!
911987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 21:39   #5
BHPian

Good list of stuff for power on the 320d upto 08 taking power up from 130 to 145 with decent improvements in acceleration.
Now let's see how they have priced the upgrades!
Fingers crossed!
911987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 23:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lovely, nothing like OE accessories. BMW has understood the Indian market like no other player. The E60 series link is downloading the older E46 3 series options. Cant wait to see what they have to offer for my BMW. The wheels options look tempting !!
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 03:56   #7
BHPian

Good spotting S350L. Again from my visit to the dealership about last week, they were also running 'monsoon special' prices on lots of stuff. I was offered floor mats, navigation, car care products...and what not at special prices. Including complete wheel sets.

Was too much for me to put on my faithful E60, but I still picked up a very sweet deal for original rubber floor mats.

One fantastic accessory - in car wifi hotspot. Cool and easy.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 16:21   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just can't get impressed enough with BMW's approach to the Indian market. However, I'm going to hold final say on this move until the complete price list is available. Many a manufacturer have officially offered accessories, but they were so over-priced that the market impact was ZERO. I mean, if you are selling a set of pedals for 35K and I can get the same branded stuff in the after-market for 14K, well....that's not going anywhere too soon.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 16:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

GTO,

I am unable to get you the price list as it is quite vast, but believe me have seen a few prices and they are reasonable, best part is some of them including M alloy wheels are being offered at a special price, they also have wonderful clear rear lights for the F10 which are again being offered at a very good price, and I saw in a car they had the mobile Hot-Spot, a wonderful add-on with a 3G connection you are a high speed mobile router.

Market impact seems good here at least as a lot of people have added the carbon spoiler on the F10, and loads of modded 3 series and some 5 series with the black grill, again the key is the way BMW is making sure the dealers display it all perfectly well rather then hide them in some corner and promote 3rd party accessories.

I have also been assured these will be updated every time the international catalogue gets updated, and there will at time to time be promos for the same including a few you could bargain for with your new car purchase, A 525d was being delivered with the factory rubber mats and the fit was beyond words.

In coming months the 3.0d engine too will get it's performance updates, and hopefully the petrols will also be taken care of but be rest assured like everything BMW India has done this too will be taken care of by people who are actively going to be involved and they have setup a separate division only for this and the people heading it are wonderful guys.

But if someone is keen, do call your BMW dealer and see what specials they offer some are truly tempting. Now lets hope the others once again follow BMW and get active in this scene also.

If it's ok can we have this thread in the Indian Car section?

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 18:12   #10
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I could not find any navigation system options for F10 5'er in the list. Can someone throw some light on how I can procure one in India? I was planning to install mapmyindia navigator but then chucked the idea as I will need to have an additional screen other than the iDrive's screen. Is there anyway by which I can add an integrated navigation system which can be used with my existing iDrive screen itself??

Cheers,

Aravind
aravind511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 18:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Forgot accessories, any reason why even the pricing of cars is not published on the 3 German trio sites.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 18:47   #12
BHPian

Mercedes Benz publishes the prices of most of their cars on the website
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 22:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

aravind511,

Do take a look at page 14/15 on the F10 accessory brochure it says (digital road maps) that is what you need I suppose, a recent visit to the service station and I was told navigation & Rear view camera can be added to my car (f10 530d) so I assume that's what you need but do verify with your dealer.

ecclipse78,

Gotta love Mercedes for that, and it's been like that for a while including their car configurator which years ago had SL500 etc. listed with all options and their prices and you could build it to glory with various options.

When it comes to websites, I'd say Audi has the least amount of information and gotta love BMW for their spec. sheets as they pretty much give you a simple break down of all cars and variants and of course Mercedes for their site with prices and a wonderful mobile site also.

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 22:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind511 View Post
Dear Friends,

I could not find any navigation system options for F10 5'er in the list. Can someone throw some light on how I can procure one in India? I was planning to install mapmyindia navigator but then chucked the idea as I will need to have an additional screen other than the iDrive's screen. Is there anyway by which I can add an integrated navigation system which can be used with my existing iDrive screen itself??

Cheers,

Aravind
Yes! I have an answer to that one.

If your F10 has 8 button i-drive and 8.8" display screen, you can have a retrofit. Good part is that until recently the dealership was offering the retrofit at drop dead reduced price.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 23:05   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
retrofit at drop dead reduced price
About 80 Thousands - i don't know if it fits your description !

Quote:
Mercedes Benz publishes the prices of most of their cars on the website
http://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/conte...orth.0005.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th August 2011 at 23:07.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote