Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd October 2012, 14:09   #31
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Remapping - Laura TDI CR with EDC17 ECU

Rohit, waiting for the update mate!
A lot of us MT owners are looking forward to the end result.
Request you to update us on this .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 12:13   #32

First of all apologies for being lethargic in keeping this thread updated.

The remap was done by Siddharth of Tune-O-tronics and what was a very drivable car has now become an absolutely rockstar car while retaining and improving its drive-ability. There is marked improvement in the low end grunt even before 1500 rpm and the mid-range is a blast.

To put things in perspective the Laura as already got one of the best roll-on in gear numbers with the tune-o-tronics map it now flies.

I have driven the car for about 3000 kms post remap and there have been no issues what so ever.

Have been logging using VCDS (on real road and not a dyno) whenever i felt like having some fun and the numbers do not fail to amaze each time.

Max Rated Torque Pre-remap: 250Nm
Max Troque Post-remap: 330Nm --> Gain of 70Nm

Max Rated Power Pre-remap: 110bhp
Max Power Post-remap: 167 bhp --> Gain of 57 bhp

These measures have been taken in third gear, WOT runs on a deserted private road near my place.

Torque crosses 270Nm at 1500 rpm, 320Nm at 2000 rpm, peaks at about 330 Nm at about 2100 rpm, stays about 300Nm until 3700 rpm and above 290 Nm until 4100 rpm, beyond which i run out of road and the car has already gathered scarey speed for the narrow deserted strip of road.

I am no race driver and hence cannot claim to have the best gear changing technique but have been beating 0-100 kms/hr on just less than 9.7 secs. Bear in mind this is on not the stickiest tires (OE Goodyears) and surface with massive wheel spins in first and second gears. I can see rubber being laid on the road. I am sure with better rubber (and technique may be) one can shave one more second at least.

Brakes however have been adequate - but urgently need to upgrade tires cause with the current performance during breaking its the tires which again are the weak link.

My usual in city runs have seen no change in mileage whatsoever. In fact when i drive sedately, probably due to need for fewer gear changes, i am getting marginally better mileage. I have mileage logs for the the complete 20,000 Kms the car has run including the last 3,000 post remap hence know its performance very accurately.

All in all its been well worth it and highly recommended remap.

The post will be incomplete without a word for Sid of Tune-O-Tronics. He did a good job no doubt. Was willing to listen to my needs. Was more than happy to redo the map after the first couple of days as we felt we can extract a bit more and has been regular a following up and asking if all is well. So thumbs-up for great customer orientation.

Last edited by rohitm : 4th December 2012 at 12:31.
rohitm is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 10:38   #33

I have been following this for quite sometime now.My Jetta 2.0TDI has sailed past its warranty period and I think its time to give her a shot in the arm.

Anyway, it seems the 2.0TDI 110hp engine is sold in the UK as well in the skoda yeti.Going through Briskoda, i found this list of yeti engine codes complied by one of their members.

In this, there are two engines that make the same power - the CFHA and CLCA.According to his write up, the only difference is the presence of DPF but I can't be sure.I also don't know which one of them is sold in the UK.

Anyone has any idea if there are any other differences between those two engine codes?

Because if they are indeed the same, then there is some good news.(See Shark Performance reply to the OP)

Additionally, check Shark Performance site's for the Yeti for the possible gains for the CR110 and CR140.
Mechano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 07:52   #34

All in all its been well worth it and highly recommended remap.

Hi Rohit,

I finally booked a Skoda Laura Diesel MT, was not happy with the 110 bhp spec, after reading your thread i decided to go for it.

How's your car doing?

Any suggestions on PDI or must do's soon after i buy it next week?

vyasachetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 23:30   #35

Hi there, anyone know of any 2.0 CRDI DSG's remapped with Petes? I got a call from Shibin from Pete's last week about the promotion that they currently have running. He was promising at least 190 BHP in a safe state of tune.

Any fellow members' experience and insights regarding this would be welcome.
BackInTheFold is offline   Reply With Quote