Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd September 2011, 17:39   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Beat - ECU Remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
ECM resetting steps are as follows:
1. MID is connected to the ECM connector located under the dashboard (RHS)
2. MID is then connected to laptop
3. Ignition key is set to ON position
4. Logged in to GM Web site (gmglobalconnect)
5. Selected the GM Branch (i.e. GM (Korea))
6. Selected type of vehicle i.e Passenger Car
7. Selected Model Year i.e. 2010
8. Selected Car Name i.e. Beat
9. Car's VIN No. is automatically detected by the programme.
10. What is to be done in the car i.e. ECM Programming.
11. From option it is to be selected which ECM programming is required i.e.
(a) normal setting
(b) performance improvement (secong gear/drivability)
12. After selecting the desired programming Next dialogue box is clicked
13. When the programming is complete message will appear "your setting from xxxxxY2 has been changed to xxxxxY4".
This is the whole process which is done online.
This explains many of my doubts.Last time one guy connected MDI to my car it showed somethin(performance improvement (secong gear/drivability) installed.so I should go back to normal settings,right?
white-rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 17:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
This explains many of my doubts.Last time one guy connected MDI to my car it showed somethin(performance improvement (secong gear/drivability) installed.so I should go back to normal settings,right?
I suppose you got ECM remapped last year. At that time original setting and version xxxxxY3 was in force (named second gear improvement setting). Now two versions namely normal setting and version xxxxxY4 are available. My car is now running on this version. I have a good experience w.r.t to FE with original setting and now I will check FE with new setting too. You may go for xxxxxY4 or normal setting or if you can wait for a week or so, I can share my experiences with new setting too.
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:57   #18
BHPian

I Just went to the trident again.I followed your steps exactly and got it remapped.But there were two option at step 11;I went for regular.Default one selected was 2nd gear improvement.I selected Regular and did the remap.Now the calibaration number is xxxx72(Morning it was xxxx74) . What do you think about this?
Old 5th September 2011, 11:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I Just went to the trident again.I followed your steps exactly and got it remapped.But there were two option at step 11;I went for regular.Default one selected was 2nd gear improvement.I selected Regular and did the remap.Now the calibaration number is xxxx72(Morning it was xxxx74) . What do you think about this?
Now your car is running on Original Regular Setting. The terms Regular Setting and 2nd Gear Improvement Setting were used in the previous version of the remapping software. As your car was running on the previous version's 2nd Gear Improvement Setting hence at step 11 options Regular and 2nd Gear Improvement appeared. In the latest version of the software the term Regular is replaced by Normal and 2nd Gear Improvement is replaced by Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability). If you go for remapping now, at step 11 options "Normal and Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability)" will appear. I would suggest you to keep the Original Setting for atleast 1000 km and monitor the FE and also you will have to adjust your driving style as you may feel the lag in 2nd Gear. Please keep on sharing your experiences with this setting and do ask if you have any query.
Topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 15:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Now your car is running on Original Regular Setting. The terms Regular Setting and 2nd Gear Improvement Setting were used in the previous version of the remapping software. As your car was running on the previous version's 2nd Gear Improvement Setting hence at step 11 options Regular and 2nd Gear Improvement appeared. In the latest version of the software the term Regular is replaced by Normal and 2nd Gear Improvement is replaced by Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability). If you go for remapping now, at step 11 options "Normal and Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability)" will appear. I would suggest you to keep the Original Setting for atleast 1000 km and monitor the FE and also you will have to adjust your driving style as you may feel the lag in 2nd Gear. Please keep on sharing your experiences with this setting and do ask if you have any query.

Thanks.The lag can be felt clearly with ac and overtaking.Yesterday I filled tank with Shell normal petrol,which took 27.5 L for auto cutoff.As soon as i ran 4 km,the first bit(last halfbit) diaappeared from the meter.Now it clocked 40 change,and the second bit also disappeared.
Hows do you feel the new settings?
By the way,I installed door sills with led.It was a DIY.It looks awsome in night.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.The lag can be felt clearly with ac and overtaking.Yesterday I filled tank with Shell normal petrol,which took 27.5 L for auto cutoff.As soon as i ran 4 km,the first bit(last halfbit) diaappeared from the meter.Now it clocked 40 change,and the second bit also disappeared. .
The Modern Engine Management Systems have a flash memory. This memory stores the way the car is used initially after the remapping/resetting. It adapts from your driving style. So I think you will get good FE figures after 100 km of driving or so. There is a separate thread in which ECU resetting is discussed in detail. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...resetting.html (Basic ECM Resetting)
Quote:
Hows do you feel the new settings?.
Drivability is better than the previous setting. Regarding FE yet I have to check it.

Quote:
By the way,I installed door sills with led.It was a DIY.It looks awsome in night.
Thats great. Do post the photographs in the test drive & initial ownership thread
Old 5th September 2011, 17:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The Modern Engine Management Systems have a flash memory. This memory stores the way the car is used initially after the remapping/resetting. It adapts from your driving style. So I think you will get good FE figures after 100 km of driving or so. There is a separate thread in which ECU resetting is discussed in detail. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...resetting.html (Basic ECM Resetting)

Drivability is better than the previous setting. Regarding FE yet I have to check it.

Thats great. Do post the photographs in the test drive & initial ownership thread
I am yet to do an ownership review.I am little upset with the FE figures
Old 5th September 2011, 18:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to do an ownership review.I am little upset with the FE figures
I suppose the FE should improve know. If the problem doesn't resolve I would suggest you to get the ECU as well as all the sensors checked. I think the defective/damaged Oxygen Sensor may cause poor FE.
Please post the photographs in Beat's official new car review thread.
Old 12th September 2011, 19:48   #24
BHPian

i have postd the pics at official thread review
Old 16th September 2011, 14:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I suppose the FE should improve know. If the problem doesn't resolve I would suggest you to get the ECU as well as all the sensors checked. I think the defective/damaged Oxygen Sensor may cause poor FE.
Please post the photographs in Beat's official new car review thread.
Topolino,I have made a run of 349 km in bangalore trafic,with 80% AC and every day 1km only in 1st and 2nd gear for 28 L petrol after remap.what do you think of this figures.Is it ok?Please advice
Old 20th September 2011, 10:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Topolino,I have made a run of 349 km in bangalore trafic,with 80% AC and every day 1km only in 1st and 2nd gear for 28 L petrol after remap.what do you think of this figures.Is it ok?Please advice
~12.5 kmpl with 80% AC in city traffic is definitely good figure. Modern cars are equipped with self learning ECU's which constantly learns from one's driving style and creates maps accordingly and provides input for optimum FE and performance. I am sure FE will certainly increase as you put some more kilometres.
Old 27th September 2011, 00:11   #27
BHPian

Smile Re: Chevrolet Beat - ECU Remap

Quote:
~12.5 kmpl with 80% AC in city traffic is definitely good figure. Modern cars are equipped with self learning ECU's which constantly learns from one's driving style and creates maps accordingly and provides input for optimum FE and performance. I am sure FE will certainly increase as you put some more kilometres.

I agree ! I have also noticed, that If I use fuel at Shell, the engine response is amazing, and the FE as well was mind blowing. Same goes when I use Xtrapremium as well. Can any put some light on it?
RacingHart is offline   Reply With Quote