Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd February 2006, 21:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Optra 1.6 here we go again with the accessories

Booked an optra 1.6 base model today, would probably take delivery on wednesday if the bank clears my loan application, the colour is blazing red, didn't have the other colours on the discounted 2005 models, he had only mystic satin (Sundaram) and i preferred the mystic satin but wife said it already looks like an old car, so went ahead with the red. anyway getting it at 8 lacs on road, still feel i didn't haggle enough. I'm getting grey interiors, cassette player, remote central locking and sun film along with 4yrs or 80,000 kms warranty at no extra cost. does not have body coloured mirrors and door handles, is it worthwhile going for those? what shade of sun control film looks good on the red optra?
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 23:50   #2
BHPian

Hey Lukeskywalker,
This is must be some sort of coincidence. I booked my Optra Base NY Beige too.Getting it at 8 on road myself. But I wud be going for the Black. It looks too good with the beige interiors.
As for my loan, i got pre approved through ICICI.Hum hain na....really.....
I should get mine pretty soon....cant seem to wait.
Im wont be going for tints. I love the black without tints.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 00:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes, its worth getting body colored door mirrors, side strip and doore handles.
I dont think it should be more than 3.5 k.
Also if monetarily feasible try to get fog lamps too.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 00:18   #4
BHPian

what the sales guy told me is not to go for the body colour mirrors,as the first careless cyclewala will take the paint right off from the projecting mirrors, and then u willhave to live with that in ur mind.
better to leave it as it is.
Fog lamps are 6K,remote lock 5K.....these two things are absolute must.Im trying to get alloys into mine.....cost 3.5 K/ rim
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 09:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
what the sales guy told me is not to go for the body colour mirrors,as the first careless cyclewala will take the paint right off from the projecting mirrors, and then u willhave to live with that in ur mind.
better to leave it as it is.
Fog lamps are 6K,remote lock 5K.....these two things are absolute must.Im trying to get alloys into mine.....cost 3.5 K/ rim
hey lemon congrats! i liked black too, but i drive on dusty roads and so looked at the long term maintenance, am getting keyless entry, same goes for beige interiors, have a car with beige interiors, gets dirty soon, but looks cool if u can look after it, and black with mag wheels is a real stunner
as for tints, i leave my car in the sun many a time, my existing car (cielo) does not have it and it feels like a furnace when u get in during summer
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 11:19   #6
BANNED

Hey guys congrats on your cars! I think you should get the body coloured mirrors and handles because they really add to the finished look of the car. Try and get the foglamps also.

Btw, I paid 7.73 ex Thane for my Jan 2006 Optra NY 1.6 (Base model, black colour, beige interiors, tints, body coloured handles and mirrors, mirror locks and the tape deck). This included a 65k discount from the dealer (Fortpoint, Mumbai) and a 15k "Loyalty Discount" from GM (we already have another Optra). Total = 80k.

The 2005 models were cheaper, but I think this kind of evens itself out when the time comes to sell the car, especially if you're not keeping it for more than 3-4 years.

I've now started tweaking the car to suit my taste (15" rims, new audio system, air filters etc).

I'm not sure what Optra is supposed to cost in Bangalore or Chennai, but one thing I've learned for sure is to sit on the dealer's head for as many accessories as you can get, and don't let up until he agrees!

Cheers!
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote