Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 10:34   #91
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Came back to the race chip again and I notice that the main difference is that you do not have to raise the engine rpm so much with the race chip at the same speeds to keep the momentum.

Without the racechip my gear shifts were atleast at 200-300rpm higher
this should also translate into better fuel economy.

Also the figo feels more relaxed at 80 and 100kmph with the race chip

@ghodlur It is true that once after the service the Figo feels like its super smooth but that feel wears down after a few weeks and you realize that only after the next service .
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 16:11   #92
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

first of all let me congrats you for race chip laden figo.
not too sure but may this this behaviour is because already some fuel was stored in the Common Rail @ higher pressure (because of the race chip), now once you drove for some distance this stock is replaced by fuel stored @ comparativeley less pressure. just a guess!!
TurboGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 20:42   #93
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 788
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

@figo_mba, want more fun, play around with the adjusters inside the box. The rocket you have been missing will be available. There is a dial inside the box that you can move in steps - there are 16 steps. At the highest possible setting, the kick you get is amazing. I have been running the chip in my Verna for long now.
Just write to the e-mail id on their website for details how to adjust this. They are very proactive. Let us know the results.
And, drive safe.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 21:18   #94
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
@figo_mba, want more fun, play around with the adjusters inside the box. The rocket you have been missing will be available. There is a dial inside the box that you can move in steps - there are 16 steps. At the highest possible setting, the kick you get is amazing. I have been running the chip in my Verna for long now.
Just write to the e-mail id on their website for details how to adjust this. They are very proactive. Let us know the results.
And, drive safe.
the setting that you have mentioned are given in the manual that the race chip guys have given with the product. Good to know that you have been using it for a while and your experience with the settings gives me confidence to change the setting to the higher one. Want to experience the so called "ROCKET" effect.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 12:48   #95
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

3000Kms post race chip and still going strong.

The mileage is a consistent 19+ in city probably because of lesser gearshifts.

Mileage on highways are 21+ probably due to speeding.

Feels great to overtake the Vistas, Puntos and Swifts on the road.

Interesting thing happened the other day on the highway.

I come up behind the Swift at 100kmph, he slows me down (for just a instant) and then clears the overtake side of the road for me.
After this since he is in no mood to give up, and starts accelerating when I am in the process of overtaking. So it looks like we both are going parallel.
I just push on my pedal and ZOOM!!
With in count of 3 i was doing 120kmph and swift was in my mirror.
I enjoyed it thoroughly. I went on to touch 150kmph for a brief period.

Later I just let him overtake me since otherwise it would start off a road race which i did not want.

He must have been wondering how my figo could be faster than him.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 13:49   #96
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 856
Thanked: 2,337 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

He he... The guy would really have been taken to bits.

Your FE figures are really exemplary. I was pre empting that your FE figures may drop down
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 14:48   #97
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
He he... The guy would really have been taken to bits.

Your FE figures are really exemplary. I was pre empting that your FE figures may drop down
No dany. I think the fuel efficiency is almost the same as it used to be. Infact I would not have minded even if it had dropped by say 1-2kmpl cos the fun you get when you drive is far more than that.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 21:50   #98
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
No dany. I think the fuel efficiency is almost the same as it used to be. Infact I would not have minded even if it had dropped by say 1-2kmpl cos the fun you get when you drive is far more than that.
Are you still on the stock setting (B1) or have you changed it? I did not feel a great difference in power in the stock setting so moved it to the next one (D1). Need to see the mileage now.
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 23:22   #99
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Are you still on the stock setting (B1) or have you changed it? I did not feel a great difference in power in the stock setting so moved it to the next one (D1). Need to see the mileage now.
No I have not changed the settings. Can you post how to get to the dials ? I want to take the next step.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 10:12   #100
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
No I have not changed the settings. Can you post how to get to the dials ? I want to take the next step.
This is easy. You need to open the box by removing 2 screws that are on the opposite side of the connector. Once you open it, you can see 2 dials one of which is pointing to B and the other to 1. Change the one pointing to B to D. This is the recommended next level as per the racechip documentation sent with the chip. Once you change the setting, just fit the rubber seal and screws securely without overtightening them. Thats it!
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 01:14   #101
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep

This is easy. You need to open the box by removing 2 screws that are on the opposite side of the connector. Once you open it, you can see 2 dials one of which is pointing to B and the other to 1. Change the one pointing to B to D. This is the recommended next level as per the racechip documentation sent with the chip. Once you change the setting, just fit the rubber seal and screws securely without overtightening them. Thats it!
Did the changes today finally. Noticeable change again in the driveability front. Car now pulls smoothly from 40 kmph in 5th gear to 100 kmph in around 10 seconds.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 12:14   #102
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

I found that the mileage in the city has consistently been near 19kmpl. I am very happy that the mileage is not gone down at all. The reason I attribute this to is the gearing. Now I am able to cruise in 3ed gear most of the time where as I used to juggle between 1-2 previously. This change I think translates into the better fuel economy.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 12:28   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I found that the mileage in the city has consistently been near 19kmpl. I am very happy that the mileage is not gone down at all. The reason I attribute this to is the gearing. Now I am able to cruise in 3ed gear most of the time where as I used to juggle between 1-2 previously. This change I think translates into the better fuel economy.
Thanks for the update.

Off topic: Thank you for your support in installing the same for my friend. His initial feedback is very good and his Figo behaves like his old Verna CRDI
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 22:37   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Completely missed out this thread. Great going. ENJAY!

Would love to take a test drive the next time i am in cochin. Can you PM me your number?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 10:58   #105
BHPian
 
whitelion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kolhapur
Posts: 202
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Gemi, Please do post your experience and your comments after the TD. I am sure it will a great addition to our knowledge, I am waiting eagerly for the same.

Figo_MBA also has described in detail about the upgrade, thanks for that. My figo is just 4 months old and I plan this upgrade after a year to minimize risk of warranty.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
Team-BHP Car Of The Year 2010. EDIT : It's the Ford Figo! Dippy The Indian Car Scene 231 3rd February 2011 16:32
BHP'ians kindly guide- Is Ford FIGO ok for a 6 Ft tall, hefty fellow? srikanthns Hatchbacks 15 30th September 2010 14:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:09.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks