Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th October 2011, 23:45   #31
nbr
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: Thar to THOR

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 19th October 2011 at 09:25.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 18th October 2011, 23:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Thar to THOR

Nop, not something one should have done to Thar.. There is Jaipur number on the Jeep.. Is this coming to Jaipur??
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 01:13   #33
BHPian

To be brutally honest I like the vehicle in bits and pieces.
Things i LIKe :-
I like the pain job and its finish .
I like the LED treatment .

Things i Dont Like
About the captain seats at the back , my suggestion is that you remove the two extra seats and just make a front facing two seater at the back .
Now about the extra wide wheel arches, you could remove them and i think just exposed tyres would look wicked as well . However you could also redesign the wheel arch and make a bit smaller hence you wound not be exposing the whole tyres but only a bit of it which would give it an even tougher stand.

Overall i do like your project
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 01:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Common People Cut some slack to Mr. Torque. i personally dont like the Jeep, but then again i think that it would be too much to start bashing him like any thing.

I thin that you can talk some thing good about the Jeep. I like the little Air scoops on the side onf the Bonnet.
I like the Paint quality.
I like the fact that this even started.

Man just look at all you people there, some of the people have been posting up here in Tbhp for several years ranting about buying a jeep and things like that but no one ever pointed to them that why have they been posting up if they are not going to buy any.

so just why can we let him have a good time.
desideep is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 10:15   #35
BANNED

no doubt the paint is top notch.

but how can some one be proud of that thing....i fail to digest!

the guy has spoiled a good looking Thar.

it reminds me of Ravan in dussehra. its face painted green and big black over grown black mooch!
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 10:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Common People Cut some slack to Mr. Torque. i personally dont like the Jeep, but then again i think that it would be too much to start bashing him like any thing.

I thin that you can talk some thing good about the Jeep. I like the little Air scoops on the side onf the Bonnet.
I like the Paint quality.
I like the fact that this even started.

Man just look at all you people there, some of the people have been posting up here in Tbhp for several years ranting about buying a jeep and things like that but no one ever pointed to them that why have they been posting up if they are not going to buy any.

so just why can we let him have a good time.
I agree to Mr. desideep. Man, this place is becoming sad! I for one also didn't like the way it looks, but come-on people, he wanted to be creative and he did this with his own time, effort and money. I don't believe all you people bashing him contributed anything of the above mentioned things with him on his project? Why is it that i find people here getting more and more brash everyday?

I agree he has posted the pics on a public form and was expecting criticism. But jeez, please dont bash him left right and center for that.You can be subtle about it. I cant even believe Torqued is keeping his cool to all these comments here.

People here who have worked themselves on big projects like this know the amount of hard work involved in these projects. So please appreciate that if you can. All the best Torqued and enjoy your baby.

Last edited by konjaril : 19th October 2011 at 10:48.
konjaril is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 11:25   #37
BHPian

I would agree with both konjaril and desideep here. The reason that people customize their rides is because they want their car to suit their likes and requirements. If it doesnt tickle your taste buds, no harm done but that doesnt mean youhas to pull out your carving knives.

I too liked parts of what has been done on the Thar (paint scheme for one) but if I owned a Thar would I go in for a similar customization? Nope. Hats off to TORQUED who has kept a level head in the face of frankly unnecessarily harsh comments.

Its an old saying but it remains true to this day - One mans meat is another mans poison.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 12:09   #38
BHPian

That Jeep is the most hideous thing I've ever seen. No offence meant, But still I had to say this. Its real hard to digest those seats in the rear. And like many others have said, All I too like is the colour and its finish. Awesome job there.

In my opinion Jeeps are meant for the wild outdoors and adventure trails. Comfort and armchairs are not what one should ideally put at the top of the list while out for an adventure. And speaking of comfort and adventure, They both essentially dont mix just like oil and water.

Last edited by jalex77 : 19th October 2011 at 12:16.
jalex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 12:22   #39
BHPian

What more can we say that hasn't already been said?

TORQUED has taken things on a positive note (You're stock just went up in my book!), we ought to leave it at that.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 12:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post

About the captain seats at the back , my suggestion is that you remove the two extra seats and just make a front facing two seater at the back .
+1 to that. As per your post, you are looking to use them as a RnR. Use only two seats, which can turn 180 degrees, with a locking mechanism at the opposite positions. Like this it can serve the purpose of giving a comfortable seat, on the move and act as a relaxation seat when enjoying the nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Now about the extra wide wheel arches, you could remove them and i think just exposed tyres would look wicked as well .

Over all, its better to have tried and failed than not tried at all.

Last edited by mac187 : 19th October 2011 at 12:49.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 13:07   #41
BHPian

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE VEHICLE - Its just that the design needs of majority of people here are different from the concept.

This wouldn't look out of place when filled with passengers all buckled up for a bronco ride. One would be laughing and commending either the joy or discomfort experienced instead of the creation itself........... that in itself is what a JEEP is meant to do, in any form. Long live to thinking out of the ordinary !
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 13:14   #42
BHPian

Good attempt on the Thar TORQUED! I hope you keep taking comments in a positive way and improve on the design. As you mentioned, you've modified if keeping in mind YOUR requirements. So if the jeep still meets it, then enjoy it I personally didn't like the rear bucket seats placed like bench seats, but like i said, if you plan to use the back seats for RnR, then it does serve your requirement very well.

Slightly OT
I seriously don't understand why people bash so harshly and add a totally irrelevant and inappropriate disclaimer saying "No offense meant". Admit it, you clearly meant to offend a person by saying what he did looks hideous, ugly, wannabe, messed up, didn't you? There is always a subtler way to give criticism, and a constructive one at that. It's kind of discomforting to see senior bhp-ians and even senior moderators bash a person so badly for something that he wanted to share across the members. Let's not drive away people who wish to be a bit creative, it's all a learning curve isn't it? Very few people got it right the first time. I know it's ranting, but I wanted to say this much.
jayded is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 13:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Common People Cut some slack to Mr. Torque. i personally dont like the Jeep, but then again i think that it would be too much to start bashing him like any thing..
EXACTLY !
I dont mean to offend any one but there is a proper way of criticizing some thing . Just calling it the most hedious thing i have ever seen is a bit to much .
I know Torque asked for an honest openion but bashing him and his efforts is not being honest .
For some people jeeps are more of a lifestyle product and not necessarily an OTR machine .
I do have a thar in the family and it was never bought for hardcore off roading .
And please people before commenting so brutally just imagine if this was your creation and how would you feel if someone said such stuff about your hardwork .

Also more than the car i appreciate your attitude torque to take such comments and reply to them with such a level head . Seriously hatts off to your attitude mate
Enigmatic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 14:47   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i think that it would be too much to start bashing him like any thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
I agree to Mr. desideep. Man, this place is becoming sad!
No one is bashing anyone. If you post a new thread on your vehicle, be prepared for the bouquets as well as the brickbats. My opinion was extremely honest, and I'm sure I'm speaking for most if not all posters. If you want only flowery comments, well, it's best not to create a thread here. Keep an open mind with your open thread.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 15:39   #45
BHPian

I'm trying to be as subtle as I can, but "ewwwwwwww"!!!

Lose the following add-on's and you might be able to salvage it (if you want to)
  • Front Bumper: ewww..That front bumper has to Go!! Its a horrid design and attempt to get a wider stance in front to go with the extended wheel archers..
  • Wheel arches / extensions: also ewww...
  • 2 replicaros / racing bucket seats: you can have 2 forward facing ones and have a "LOT MORE" than 6 inches
No hard feelings mate but this just seems WRONG.. too bad if our feedback offended you... You asked for it!

OR you can feel proud about your creation as you already are. But please don't use this vehicle as a display vehicle for your designs / abilities to customise vehicles.. you might loose your existing clientele.

OR you can let the owner drive around for a month and seek his (the owners) feedback on the "looks" he got from people on the road apart from the shitzngiggles.

Cheers!

Last edited by R32_GTR : 19th October 2011 at 15:41.
R32_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote